Coronavirus

Yngwie

45 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Surely if they are going down that route then they run a ST holder ballot and offer the sub 500 seats? Football is nothing without fans and treating the ST holders with that kind of disregard may have a longer term negative impact.

Pretty much what I was about to post. Limit home games solely to ST Holders and any remaining seats not filled aren't given back to home fans who aren't holders, but are for the away support, this really isn't the time for Groundhopping, and has thrown a spanner into the works as I was hoping to finish up the championship this season.

How many Season Tickets Holders are there that actively attend week in week out?

A ballot seems the fair way to do it, but then again, it screws over the most loyal supporters when they lose out to Gary from Skye who has an ST for some reason, and has only attended two home games. (Sorry if there is a Gary from Skye on this forum, not a deliberate attack).

6 minutes ago, TheCaleyOne said:

I have a season ticket and wouldn't want a refund but if behind closed doors games were streamed online would pay if it was a reasonable price to watch games

I like this idea too. If it's behind closed doors, forget paying it, if you're a Season Ticket holder, you should be able to put your ST number in for access to the stream, but say a fiver or so for non holders, mainly that price cos I doubt anyone would realistically pay regular ticket prices for a stream.

Just can't think of any platforms that have a paywall to view a stream...

17 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I have spoken to a number of season ticket holders and none would be looking for a refund or compensation or expect it.

I agree not many would expect a refund, but for those with less free cash (especially if the are having enforced SSP) and have already invested in a ST  might not feel very positive about it. If there was an opportunity to attend games (even just a random ballet where all may be equal) and this was bypassing them in favour of those with deeper pockets it may just drive some folks away - we constantly struggle to keep level ST numbers and increase footfall. Right now nobody other than a committed fan would pay to attend football as its perceived a public event and thus risk.

There is an issue on lost revenues, but we will not be the only club or business affected. Controversial opinion time, but given the way the season is going and possibility there may not even be playoffs (Scottish football will likely follow England & Europe for ideas on that) this may yet be the best opportunity for administration and a points deduction to try rebuild. 

I think the whole programme will be shut down players in Italy and Spain now have the virus. Letting the horse racing continue for a week with 250,000 attendees was utter madness, how can you trace infections back to source amongst that lot.

The medical evidence I've been given is large gatherings will not stop The spread. The death rate globally is about 2.5% and then those with undying conditions. Even if you are elderly if you don't have anunderlying condition you will be ok. Evidence suggest also that children under 10 and pregnant women Seem to have a higher immune rate.

It’s interesting that the stated reason for stopping public events with over 500 people in Scotland is to relieve pressure on the emergency services.  It is not a measure designed to reduce virus spread.

But given that we don’t have a police presence or standby ambulance at most of our games then this might be regarded as rather arbitrary.   

As yet, I think this is still just a “suggestion” rather than a Government directive and I am sure the SFA will be seeking some urgent clarification and discussion on the implications of the suggestion. The SFA have confirmed that all of Saturday’s games are going ahead as usual. 

Yes it’s a rather perplexing statement when “gatherings” like our matches, cinemas, small concerts and shopping centres might have more than 500 people but place no strain on the emergency services. It’s a pretty low threshold and simply doesn’t achieve it’s stated aim.

I also think it is no coincidence that whilst the Scottish Government think this this measure is necessary, they don’t think it is necessary until the day after the Old Firm match, an event which places far more strain on the services than all other matches added together.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

I suggest we hold a gathering of 500 people in the Main stand, a gathering of 500 people in the North stand, a gathering of 500 people in the South stand, and a gathering of up to 500 people in west terrace.

4 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

I suggest we hold a gathering of 500 people in the Main stand, a gathering of 500 people in the North stand, a gathering of 500 people in the South stand, and a gathering of up to 500 people in west terrace.

Bold to assume we could bring in 1.5k home fans...

I believe the threshold for having an emergency ambulance cover at a game is 5000 or above. Any thing less can be dealt with by the likes off the red cross etc. Not sure What the policing thresholds are. We are already majorly stretched in the north east last few days with ambulance cover for obvious reasons.

There’s no threshold for a police presence. The club has a contract with the police and whether or not there is a police presence is decided on a risk assessment basis.   If the police are not present then it may of course be that police are subsequently called if there is an incident.

Thought the Highland League would be exempt due to the small crowds, but nope, that's been shut down for the time being too.

Guess we'll have to wait for the outcome of the North Caledonian FA for some local football fixtures...but I can't see that running still...

6 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Thought the Highland League would be exempt due to the small crowds, but nope, that's been shut down for the time being too.

I would have thought that my daughter’s 7 a side matches played in front of no more than 20 mums and dads would survive but no, it’s under SFA control so has to cease.

On 3/12/2020 at 4:36 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Pretty much what I was about to post. Limit home games solely to ST Holders and any remaining seats not filled aren't given back to home fans who aren't holders, but are for the away support, this really isn't the time for Groundhopping, and has thrown a spanner into the works as I was hoping to finish up the championship this season.

How many Season Tickets Holders are there that actively attend week in week out?

A ballot seems the fair way to do it, but then again, it screws over the most loyal supporters when they lose out to Gary from Skye who has an ST for some reason, and has only attended two home games. (Sorry if there is a Gary from Skye on this forum, not a deliberate attack).

I make about 6 games a season but support my team by paying every year. 

I pay three times as much per game.

This calum from moray feels more of a fan for that reason. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Moogthurso said:

I make about 6 games a season but support my team by paying every year. 

I pay three times as much per game.

This calum from moray feels more of a fan for that reason. 

Not going to happen now anyway so not worth debating 

• Like 1