Coronavirus - Season on hold

tm4tj

When it comes to honesty, the SPFL don't have the finest of track records.

However, The Rangers and the club of a similar name who preceded them have a far worse track record in that regard.

On that basis, I am strongly inclined to give the football authorities the benefit of the doubt.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what rumours are true but now reading neither us or County have voted. But if that's true & only one spfl team have voted against then one of Hearts or Rangers have voted for it?!? I'm just going to wait until all the votes are in now. 

Only in Scottish Football could three clubs not be able to tick either yes or no on a form and return it by a deadline. How do these people tie their shoe laces in the morning.

Doesn't matter who has /hasn't voted : if 5pm is deadline then go on basis of those who vote by that time. Those who haven't met the deadline assumed to be in favour (assume they haven't thought of such a scenario................................).

If we are promoted (by no means guaranteed), we will need to get some new blood in quickly : otherwise we may well become to the top league's whipping boys...........................

Newspaper headlines can be very misleading.  If the SPFL were even neutral on the subject of restructuring, they would not have linked the current vote with to the prospect of restructuring.  They would have convened discussions on restructuring quite separately from any proposal of what we do with this season, and those discussions would already be happening.  There is also the added hurdle of the absurd rule of any restructuring proposal requiring the support of 11 the current 12 premiership sides.  Restructuring discussions may take place, but I think it unlikely we will see ourselves back in the top flight next season.  I hope I'm wrong!

Our club is yet to put a statement out on the topic of this vote.  They made a very principled stand on the James Keating red card so it will be very interesting to hear what the club have to say in due course.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-24/

Dundee have confirmed they are not happy with the proposal but their statement doesn't actually state whether or not they voted.  The Record has apparently got conformation that Dundee have informed the SPFL that they have declined to vote.  If that is a formal abstention then the proposal falls.  What a bizarre saga this is.  The SPFL could make a a bob or two selling the film rights - should be the comedy of the year!

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

The Record has apparently got conformation that Dundee have informed the SPFL that they have declined to vote.  If that is a formal abstention then the proposal falls.  

According to the BBC there have been 9 votes cast, 7 for 2 against...so was this abstention counted in the 2, or will that make 3, meaning that we have in fact voted after all??

Its Dundee that are holding all this up supposedly and not us. According to Sky there is a technical question mark over the competence of Dundee's no vote. Partick along with ICT voted no.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic