Coronavirus - Season on hold

tm4tj

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Off topic but, in view of the most recent advice from the FM, assuming our online shop is still trading, an ICT 25th anniversary scarf would make an excellent face covering and would generate at least a wee bit of income for the club.

Speaking of which, what ever happened to the snoods (or whatever they were called)? They were around for about one season, but haven't been back since. Not sure how well that would work as a face mask, but something is better than nothing, I guess...

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Off topic but, in view of the most recent advice from the FM, assuming our online shop is still trading, an ICT 25th anniversary scarf would make an excellent face covering and would generate at least a wee bit of income for the club.

I do most of my food shopping in Dingwall and find that wrapping my ICT scarf over my face is an excellent way of ensuring folk keep at least 2m away from me!  :ictscarf:

2 hours ago, DoofersDad said:

I do most of my food shopping in Dingwall and find that wrapping my ICT scarf over my face is an excellent way of ensuring folk keep at least 2m away from me!  :ictscarf:

You're hardy shopping in that dump 😊😊

31 minutes ago, Satan said:

Think they just need to finish the season now. Can’t believe they are still arguing about it, if they let this drag on any longer it just increases the risk of clubs going to the wall. 

Only if it can be said with reasonable certainty that finishing the season will not result in more deaths and we are a very long way from that right now.

I would absolutely hate ICT to go to the wall but I would not want the survival of my club to take precedence over the life of a single individual.

Football clubs can be reformed from scratch. Human beings cannot.

Our season has been finished for a few weeks now. The only thing that could affect us is the slight slight chance of reconstruction. I am mentally preparing for championship football but it will be very very different. Maybe not starting til very late in the year. Maybe watching lots of youth team players instead of our dorans and walshes.

59 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Our season has been finished for a few weeks now. The only thing that could affect us is the slight slight chance of reconstruction. I am mentally preparing for championship football but it will be very very different. Maybe not starting til very late in the year. Maybe watching lots of youth team players instead of our dorans and walshes.

Most other clubs in our division will be in the same boat and it might be refreshing to see some enthusiastic young blood, especially if it means bringing through some young local lads.

The BBC Sport website and app are looking for votes for the Championship team of the season. We have 8 players in the lists (well 7 plus McCart): Ridgers. Rooney, Tremarco, McCart, Trafford, Doran, Keatings and White. 

I put all 8 in my team (biased??), but feel Carson, Welsh and Walsh should have been on the list too. 

Given that Sean Welsh has only played in 7 games this season (completing 90 minutes in only three of those games) I think it's a push to say he should be on that short list :wink:

So, here we are in May. In normal times the most exciting part of the football season with league titles, relegation, cup finals and promotion play offs all coming to a head and being decided.

All very different this year but here's hoping that by May 2021 humanity gets to grip with this dreadful pandemic and we can, with a fair wind, all cheer ICT back up to the Premiership.

Most of all though, that all of us and those close to us, all come through safe and well and are still here to witness it.

13 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

So am I, and travel restrictions permitting already have away trips to Morton and Raith Rovers on my radar. This weekend I was due up for the Dunfermline match (last match of the original season) with my wife....since Easyjet are kindly converting my flight tickets into vouchers (rather than cash back) I'll be looking forward to seeing the wonderful Inverness again too. Scotland could be one of the few place i can fly to in the next year.

10 hours ago, RiG said:

Given that Sean Welsh has only played in 7 games this season (completing 90 minutes in only three of those games) I think it's a push to say he should be on that short list :wink:

Fair comment! 

On 4/29/2020 at 6:58 PM, Kingsmills said:

Only if it can be said with reasonable certainty that finishing the season will not result in more deaths and we are a very long way from that right now.

I would absolutely hate ICT to go to the wall but I would not want the survival of my club to take precedence over the life of a single individual.

Football clubs can be reformed from scratch. Human beings cannot.

This is the best post I've ever read on CTO

10 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

I am too lazy. What are his win stats for the games he has started?

In the league Welsh started 3 games this season going off injured in one after 30 minutes and completing 90 minutes in one other. We defeated QotS and Ayr (this is the game where he went off after half an hour) and lost the other game he started against his old club Partick Thistle.

In the Challenge Cup he played the full 90 minutes in the win over Morton and in the Scottish Cup he played on game, the full match, against Livingston where he also scored the winner. He never featured in the Challenge Cup.

Seems like Santas seen more action than Sean Welsh imagine if there wasn't a full sick scheme for footballers eh bet they'd be a bit sharper of the treatment table then I was on a job yrs ago somebody let slip if you'd worked there for 2 yrs was a full sick scheme guys were going down like snow of a dyke then lol

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic