tm4tj

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Quite interesting reading.

F67F803A-7829-4186-8EA2-065CE8EDA960.png

I would be very surprised indeed if 'threats' were issued to our club or any other.

You have to bear in mind that this piece of creative literature eminates from The Rangers and must, given their track record in such matters, be viewed with a high degree of healthy scepticism.

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Heard that the SPFL is refusing to give out the money...Why? Because they didn't get their loan back...from Gretna...12 YEARS AGO. 

Although it wasn’t a loan that was given to them, it was an advance of their prize money for finishing last. The whole thing is a shambles. 

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I would be very surprised indeed if 'threats' were issued to our club or any other.

You have to bear in mind that this piece of creative literature eminates from The Rangers and must, given their track record in such matters, be viewed with a high degree of healthy scepticism.

There has just been a piece on Reporting Scotland which referred to threats without naming clubs.

A meeting on Tuesday will determine if an inquiry takes place. 

On 4/30/2020 at 11:38 PM, Robert said:

The BBC Sport website and app are looking for votes for the Championship team of the season. We have 8 players in the lists (well 7 plus McCart): Ridgers. Rooney, Tremarco, McCart, Trafford, Doran, Keatings and White. 

I put all 8 in my team (biased??), but feel Carson, Welsh and Walsh should have been on the list too. 

None of our players made the top 11. 8 from Dundee United plus Forrest from Ayr, Nisbet from Dunfermline and Dorrans from Dundee. 

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

For anyone interested, the BPL is back on the 17th, which could also mean, it's one foot closer to Scottish Football returning...

Screenshot_20200528-155556_Twitter.jpg

Good that there might be some live professional football back in the United Kingdom.

However, I don't think it marks any step on the road to Scottish football returning.

The EPL is expending a huge amount of money to return with no income from fans. The financial gulf between the EPL and the SPFL, even at our Premiershio level, means that option is not available to us.

I honestly can't see how professional football can return in Scotland until August at the earliest and only then if our clubs stop the usual internecine bickering and all pull together.

I’ve usually been happy with my command of the English language but, as many years away from education, had to resort to Google to find the meaning of ‘internecine’.   Wow, now to try to integrate that word into everyday conversation?  In North Stand next season maybe?  

4 minutes ago, lizi said:

I’ve usually been happy with my command of the English language but, as many years away from education, had to resort to Google to find the meaning of ‘internecine’.   Wow, now to try to integrate that word into everyday conversation?  In North Stand next season maybe?  

its got a definite chance to be 'invernesianized'...I can hear internehseen making an appearance in a song somewhere! What a great challenge

1 hour ago, lizi said:

You should have studied Gaelic at school....

3 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Premiership have introduced the Virtual Season Ticket for the start of next season, no word on the Championship and that though...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52903945

Clubs have always had the right to broadcast live video of their own games overseas so there should be no copyright issues in doing so outside of the Premiership. The Premiership wrinkle is likely because SKY negotiated "exclusive" rights to those 48 games and this had to be negotiated on that basis. Same is true of audio commentary where Radio Scotland hold the "non-exclusive" right to broadcast within the UK (and in doing so, block their coverage outside the UK). 

Where the issue might occur is in the UEFA blackout arrangements that currently see live games on a Saturday afternoon at 3PM blocked from viewing for audiences within the UK. I believe the SFA/SPFL supply their chosen blackout arrangements to UEFA at the start of the season so again, if allowing virtual season tickets, online memberships or PPV services this should not be a huge hurdle to overcome ... hell it might drag Scottish football into the digital era along with the rest of the world ! 

At ICT I believe we do have the technical infrastructure in place to be able to stream games (and commentary) if we wish. This was upgraded and overseen when we were last in the Premiership. There is however a cost factor in having the bandwidth to publish all this so its not without a fair bit of cost .... Would be good to see it up and running though and worldwide availability of our games would be great for the diaspora elsewhere .....  

49 minutes ago, GogglesWalter said:

Sounds a great concept but if any of you are like my grandson who watches most football in his bedroom via a free link this could well be a stumbling block. I also read it is for season ticket holders only? 

Realistically, unless the rights situation has drastically changed in the last couple of years, it could be for whoever you want .... The club own the rights to their own games with the exception of any they may have signed away to the likes of SKY. If you are buying a digital season ticket then you would, by virtue of that, be a season ticket holder .... the devil will be in the details but it may be a way to increase income from overall ticket sales whilst still being able to stick within social distancing norms within the stadium. The big question is whether the cost of providing the service will be profit making or not. no point in doing it if it costs the club a lot of money it does not have.   

49 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Realistically, unless the rights situation has drastically changed in the last couple of years, it could be for whoever you want .... The club own the rights to their own games with the exception of any they may have signed away to the likes of SKY. If you are buying a digital season ticket then you would, by virtue of that, be a season ticket holder .... the devil will be in the details but it may be a way to increase income from overall ticket sales whilst still being able to stick within social distancing norms within the stadium. The big question is whether the cost of providing the service will be profit making or not. no point in doing it if it costs the club a lot of money it does not have.   

Very well put sir. I honestly think this is a realistic concept which may soften the blow for Premier league teams but unfortunately I don't see it being sustainable for clubs like ourselves in the Championship. I think the club would struggle to cover coronavirus tests for players, staff, media and security personnel let alone pay wages with no money via gate and corporate sales. 

I woke up this morning in the middle of a dream in which it had been announced that the season would not start until December at the earliest. Morton then withdrew from the league and their place was taken by B36 Tórshavn.  :shrug:

2 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I woke up this morning in the middle of a dream in which it had been announced that the season would not start until December at the earliest. Morton then withdrew from the league and their place was taken by B36 Tórshavn.  :shrug:

Would we miss the Norseman? Sounds good to me...

00000741.jpg00000777.jpg

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic