Sign in to follow this  
tm4tj

Coronavirus - Season on hold

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Looks much better than Cappielow...

Grant Street looks better than Cappielow!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Football's back at Villa Park...and there's already been a goal-line howler. Keeper backsteps over the line, ball in hand, Goalline Assistance or VAR not called upon, and the refs watch apparently called it as a goal in the refs changing room at half time...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Football's back at Villa Park...and there's already been a goal-line howler. Keeper backsteps over the line, ball in hand, Goalline Assistance or VAR not called upon, and the refs watch apparently called it as a goal in the refs changing room at half time...

The technology is a useful aid but surely the most useful tool the officials have at their disposal remains the evidence of their own eyes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The technology is a useful aid but surely the most useful tool the officials have at their disposal remains the evidence of their own eyes.

Depends which tool in black owns the eyes!

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Scotland seemingly have Covid19 well under control, and the UK Prime Minister suggesting that spectators could be allowed back in stadia by October, suddenly the new season looks a whole lot more promising spectator-wise. Just hope that if I am flying up to Scotland, there isn't a significant deterioration south of the border that sees visitors from England having to quarantine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like season may be stuttering to a stop already with 7 staff at St Mirren testing positive and increased testing instructed for all Premier League clubs.

Thought Nicola had single handed eliminated the virus!??

  • Disagree 2
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Tree said:

Sounds like season may be stuttering to a stop already with 7 staff at St Mirren testing positive and increased testing instructed for all Premier League clubs.

Thought Nicola had single handed eliminated the virus!??

I hope you are joking? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tree said:

Sounds like season may be stuttering to a stop already with 7 staff at St Mirren testing positive and increased testing instructed for all Premier League clubs.

Thought Nicola had single handed eliminated the virus!??

Has anyone claimed that she had eliminated the virus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tree said:

Thought Nicola had single handed eliminated the virus!??

:yawn01:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if you had a leaky tap or a loose slate would you send for a politician...obviously not.. so dont expect any of them to actually fix a problem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, let’s try to keep political arguments out of this thread please.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Tree said:

Sounds like season may be stuttering to a stop already with 7 staff at St Mirren testing positive and increased testing instructed for all Premier League clubs.

6 of the 7 tests have been false positives when checked by the NHS  so there is only 1 case and an inquiry is to take place as to how the wrong results were given. 

Also some controversy about Rangers playing a match when awaiting some test results. 

It seems the whole testing and results process needs sorted for football quickly before the season is threatened. 

Edited by Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

...and Aberdeen confirm a player has tested positive during the cluster through there.

Match day 2 might have a postponement already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Satan said:

...and Aberdeen confirm a player has tested positive during the cluster through there.

Match day 2 might have a postponement already.

Two of them now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Two of them now.

8 self isolating now I hope they were not out on Saturday night!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, IBM said:

8 self isolating now I hope they were not out on Saturday night!

One has been reported as having been out. Two testing positive and 6 in close contact and sfa deem game on Sunday ok to go ahead with Aberdeen having 8 players short

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Entirity of Aberdeen under the lockdown dome again, looks like football could be further away than we thought...

Rumours through here is that Aberdeenshire is more really getting shut soon if cases keep rising

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All 8 players for Aberdeen were confirmed  that they were out in aberdeen on Saturday night in one of the affected bars of the outbreak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Satan said:

Model professional's.

So much for these bio bubbles they apparently train in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Satan said:

Model professional's.

At least they're not taking a page out of Iain Vigurs book and start punching everyone up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

So much for these bio bubbles they apparently train in.

Why would they train in a bar

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The St Johnstone v Aberdeen game has been postponed.

Inevitable in the circumstances. The players who were out drinking and clearly lax in following the rules need to learn the lesson of their mistakes and set a better example in future.

This virus will be with us for the foreseeable future and, if we are going to get back to any time normality, we all need to take individual responsibility for our actions but institutions like football clubs need to set an example.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The St Johnstone v Aberdeen game has been postponed.

Inevitable in the circumstances. The players who were out drinking and clearly lax in following the rules need to learn the lesson of their mistakes and set a better example in future.

This virus will be with us for the foreseeable future and, if we are going to get back to any time normality, we all need to take individual responsibility for our actions but institutions like football clubs need to set an example.

If the rules say you are allowed to do these things they are not in the wrong. The issue is with the Government allowing places like that to open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • FB_caley_thisle_online_970x90.jpg

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.