Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, RiG said:

The Scottish Government has confirmed one case of COVID-19 in the Highlands. Is this McHattie or someone else?

If so, can it be added to our "First in the Highlands" list?

  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

On a brighter note, the Championship league placing for 19/20 have been reviewed by the SQA and ICT are being upgraded to the Premiership, in accordance with our manager‘s initial recommendation.

Latest from ICTFC TogetherNESS Great gesture from the club 

I do most of my food shopping in Dingwall and find that wrapping my ICT scarf over my face is an excellent way of ensuring folk keep at least 2m away from me!  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Liverpool supporting mate of mine says it's in the Premier League rules to award the title if 75% of fixtures have been played, which is 28.5, and they have played 29 😎not sure about the other teams though...

https://premierleague-static-files.s3.amazonaws.com/premierleague/document/2020/02/06/5767eccb-b0b6-40fb-8101-7f25f3f7f73f/2019-20-PL-Handbook-060220.pdf

I just had a quick look, and I think he's havering :crazy:    Can't see anything there about a premature end to the season.

I also had a quick look at the SPFL rules yesterday, and there is absolutely nothing in there about what happens if the season cannot be completed.  

We are boldly going where no man has gone before. (In peacetime, anyway.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody just told me if they'd seen covid19 a year ago it would have been followed by Fort William nil!!😁

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/13/2020 at 9:52 PM, CaleyD said:

No relegation and promote all teams currently sitting in promotion/play-off positions....added benefit of giving us a 16 team top league going forward 👍

Looks like you might not be so far off CaleyD - here's an extract taken from an interview Partick's Gerry Britton has given to the BBC...

"I genuinely fear for a lot of the smaller clubs who are on a real tipping point and a situation like this could very easily push some clubs under."

Partick Thistle find themselves in a precarious situation at the bottom of the Championship if the league season was to finish early.

The Glasgow club are two points adrift of second-bottom Queen of the South, but have a game in hand.

However, Britton says clubs at the top of the table should be rewarded for their success so far, even if clubs like his own avoid relegation.

"There's a number of scenarios being spoken about," he said. "If the league stops here then okay, teams have to be rewarded. We are into the last quarter, so the teams at the top need to be rewarded.

"It's hard not to be self-interested. When I look at it, the one proposal I've heard of the top two teams getting promoted with no relegation, of Kelty and Brora coming up, that works for me.

"If we did have an experiment with the top tier going up to 14 teams, we might find it works."

So if that's the way it pans out we'd be going back up to the Premiership with DU.

Edited by CaleyCanary
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CaleyCanary said:

Looks like you might not be so far off CaleyD - here's an extract taken from an interview Partick's Gerry Britton has given to the BBC...

"I genuinely fear for a lot of the smaller clubs who are on a real tipping point and a situation like this could very easily push some clubs under."

Partick Thistle find themselves in a precarious situation at the bottom of the Championship if the league season was to finish early.

The Glasgow club are two points adrift of second-bottom Queen of the South, but have a game in hand.

However, Britton says clubs at the top of the table should be rewarded for their success so far, even if clubs like his own avoid relegation.

"There's a number of scenarios being spoken about," he said. "If the league stops here then okay, teams have to be rewarded. We are into the last quarter, so the teams at the top need to be rewarded.

"It's hard not to be self-interested. When I look at it, the one proposal I've heard of the top two teams getting promoted with no relegation, of Kelty and Brora coming up, that works for me.

"If we did have an experiment with the top tier going up to 14 teams, we might find it works."

So if that's the way it pans out we'd be going back up to the Premiership with DU.

I'll believe that when I see it. Hope he's right but can we survive time without any income?

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Satan said:

Sounds like a fantasy to me.

Are we really using this crisis to push for league reconstruction??

Shame.

I disagree. It's important for normal life to continue in so far as consistent with keeping people safe.

With there unlikely to be any actual football played probably for several months, it is an opportunity for the clubs and those charged with administering the game, to discuss reform and preparing for a sustainable future for as many of our clubs as possible.

Maybe, just maybe, for once self interest might not get in the way of sensible reform.

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly the correct decision - keeping people apart will help stop the spread of the virus.

Doesn't look good for the future of our team though. No income and lots of wages to be paid.

How many of the smaller teams will fold if this crisis goes on?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm struggling to recall the advice but should the "player" not remain isolated for a period of seven days from the symptoms first cropping up? I know they won't be playing for a while anyway but still...

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RiG said:

I'm struggling to recall the advice but should the "player" not remain isolated for a period of seven days from the symptoms first cropping up?

Not if he has had a test and it definitely shows that he doesn't have it.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Am i the only one irked that the Scottish government has announced rates relief for pubs. Which are still open and busy as usual. But nothing for struggling football clubs? I certainly know which one brings more to the community.

  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Scottish FA this afternoon recommended that no training or conditioning be undertaken by member clubs from Premiership to juveniles.  I would suggest that this is a very clear indication that the 2019/2020 season is over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ymip said:

Scottish FA this afternoon recommended that no training or conditioning be undertaken by member clubs from Premiership to juveniles.  I would suggest that this is a very clear indication that the 2019/2020 season is over.

Gosh! I was ar stadium today. Saw a couple of players and coaching staff which suggests we are still training. 

These are unprecidented times 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Gosh! I was ar stadium today. Saw a couple of players and coaching staff which suggests we are still training. 

These are unprecidented times 

Shh. Don't reveal our preparations of stealing the title when the season resumes 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Gosh! I was ar stadium today. Saw a couple of players and coaching staff which suggests we are still training. 

These are unprecidented times 

Yes I passed just before lunch time and seen one going in with training gear on and carrying his boots.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, IBM said:

Yes I passed just before lunch time and seen one going in with training gear on and carrying his boots.

Quite possibly the last training session of this season after the FA announcement this afternoon - reckon ymip has probably called it right.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope some of the greedy people emptying the supermarkets will pop in with some stuff!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IBM said:

I hope some of the greedy people emptying the supermarkets will pop in with some stuff!

And that those with good intentions don't add to the problem by stripping the shelves even faster 👍

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CaleyD said:

And that those with good intentions don't add to the problem by stripping the shelves even faster 👍

Good shout that. Could also be a problem if they start to ration goods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gringo said:

Good shout that. Could also be a problem if they start to ration goods.

Looking at the behaviour from much of society its clear they have been rationing common sense for years!!!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

All for rationing but a bit of ridiculousness at our local Co-op today  - popped in to buy 3 sandwiches for lunch to be told I can only have two, Co-op ruling only 2 items of any one product whatever it is. Explained there were three of us but they wouldn't budge, so bought two then Mrs Canary had to go in to get another. Bit of common sense required methinks.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy