League restructure

Jack Waddington

Why would any other club trust us in any negotiation from this point?  Transfers or further league meetings or anything else?  This is going to cost us in the long run and a few crowd-pleasing, poorly written, seething statements won't mean anything in a few weeks, let alone in the long term.,

I'm stunned so many fans seem to be lapping this up.

• Agree 5

6 minutes ago, ictchris said:

Why would any other club trust us in any negotiation from this point?  Transfers or further league meetings or anything else?  This is going to cost us in the long run and a few crowd-pleasing, poorly written, seething statements won't mean anything in a few weeks, let alone in the long term.,

I'm stunned so many fans seem to be lapping this up.

Yep, the more that seems to be coming out the more uncomfortable I feel about the position and actions we've taken.  I see that our CEO has locked his social media accounts down which is interesting as he's had plenty to say so far.  Im still giving him the benefit of the doubt as until proven otherwise we have to assume everything he says is exactly how it all happpened- however we can't say we weren't warned.

What concerns me is that the club have allowed and trusted this guy to represent us knowing his background and huge failings at other clubs. I'd imagine every club bar Rangers have lost what little respect they had for us after leaking confidentiality over discussions on WhatsApp, bullying claims now this. And teams want the SFA investigated. An even more worrying thought is that the powers that be at the club all sanctioned our actions and SG wasn't acting alone? 

Edited by GogglesWalter
  • Agree 2

We are talking about the record though 

What would we gain from voiding the season if that was the plan if the resolution had been ditched

If we were aggressive then surely an independent investigation that we are backing would show badly on that

The EGM will not pass but if there is a clamour from enough clubs then it will put the SPFL under pressure to do something all that I know is just because the vote is unlikely to happen this isn't the end of this turbulent time

There's some parts of our statement I agree with such as the short notice to consider such an important decision, awarding titles to sides in first place in their respective divisions as well as not relegating sides based on an incomplete season however some other points in the statement and our alleged counter proposal are compatible with one another. Seeking prize money for finishing 2nd but also null and voiding the season wasn't likely to go down well with other sides. Null and voiding the season would only mean that monies are split equally ten ways. The only thing that comes to mind is that we were somehow banking on reconstruction taking place and somehow getting promoted to the Premiership where we would offset this £175,000 loss but you can't really promote us whilst also null and voiding the season. It seems our position is all over the place and highly contradictory with what is actually feasible.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

To be honest I wouldn't give much scope to the Keith Jackson article. He is just stirring up the Celtic fans to follow the narrative that Gardiner (ex rangers) wanted null and void to stop Celtic 9 in a row etc etc. Classic redtop 'an unnamed source' article. 

He already said he wanted champions to be declared, but felt unfair to relegate teams. Obviously hinting towards reconstruction which would massively favour us. He wanted a resolution to pay out the money but not rush into fixed decisions on the league which is ultimately legitimate unless you fall for the spfl spin of their was no way possible to change the rules of a members organisation during a vote, that changed the rules.

His statement on Sunday I think was a reaction to Doncaster on Sunday sportsound. It was a rant yes, didn't read too well but he got his point across fine. He contradicts what Doncaster was stating as fact on the radio. Only these guys involved know how it played out. There has been lots of he said, she said nonsense and pick and mix statements.

The whole thing stinks of certain board members protecting their own clubs (namely Brechin, alloa and motherwell) whilst throwing others under the bus. This completely goes against what they are appointed to do. The set up is a mess and I hope it all falls apart, as it does little for the future of Scottish football. 

• Agree 2

The club is being used as a vehicle to further the agenda of another club.

The fans are being taken for nice-but-glaikit teuchters, and tbf, he may have a point with that.

The damage already done to the club's reputation is considerable, and if this is not addressed quickly it could be irreparable.

• Agree 1

I'm fully behind the board on this. They dared to speak out against the cabal of self serving clubs and the papers and of course we are now being hounded as the latest statement says. Any club being relegated (Falkirk Partick etc) is being hounded in the same way when they release statements about their enforced demotion. Seemingly the only acceptable statement people would like would go along the lines of "we have full confidence in Doncaster. We dont want any reconstruction and everybody should stay quiet now for the good of the game. (The game being the premiership without regard to the other leagues) 

Also in regards to the Null and void nonsense. For teams like ourselves in playoff spots. The season is effectively Null and Void for us. No play off money or associated TV money from that. I wish the 6 self serving clubs in the Premiership would have at least got the same amount of vitriol that ourselves and other afflicted clubs are getting.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

18 hours ago, roby said:

Who the hell do you think you are . You come onto this forum as a new member and do nothing but criticise what has widely been applauded as an excellent detailed statement from our club . We have acted with dignity from the start and both our chairman and ceo should be applauded for their courage and honesty . Anyone would think you have joined this forum for only one reason !!!

Many will disagree with the opinion of the new poster, on the limited information available to me  I certainly do but he or she is as entitled to air their views as anyone else as long as they remain adhere to the site rules that apply to all of us.

The new poster may or may not have an agenda. That is for each of us to judge for ourselves.

2 minutes ago, dougiedanger said:

The club is being used as a vehicle to further the agenda of another club.

The fans are being taken for nice-but-glaikit teuchters, and tbf, he may have a point with that.

The damage already done to the club's reputation is considerable, and if this is not addressed quickly it could be irreparable.

Reputation with whom? Its gone up with the likes of hearts and other afflicted clubs. But most in the central belt never liked us anyway. They hated the journeys up north and i know plenty of other clubs fans who were happy to see the back of us when we were relegated.

41 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Ding ding ding! Statement time!

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-11

We issued a long and detailed statement which clearly set out our views and position which I believe was the right thing to do.

I am less convinced that we should now be indulging in exchanging 'tit for tat' retaliatory statements that will almost inevitably result in a juvenile descent into farce which will do no good to anyone in the long run when cooperation rather than division will be increasingly important.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

The SPL clubs were never gonna vote to hand over a slice of the sky and old firm pies we'd have voted exact same way if we were at the top table every club for themselves in Scottish football time to stop moaning about it and start trying to get a squad capable of at least a title fight scouted out! IMO a 14 team league would've been good but hearts only wanted it for a season couldn't make that up fcuk the jambos leAst wev a change to get payback for that cup embaresment still annoys me that humping!

4 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

We issued a long and detailed statement which clearly set out our views and position which I believe was the right thing to do.

I am less convinced that we should now be indulging in exchanging 'tit for tat' retaliatory statements that will almost inevitably result in a juvenile descent into farce which will do no good to anyone in the long run when cooperation rather than division will be increasingly important.

A short, terse rebuttal of the comments in the Record piece would have sufficed instead of what amounts to a multi paragraph rant.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I do agree with this and barring any material change this has to be the last say on the matter. But the Record put us on the front page with those allegations and it wouldn't have been right to stay quiet. But hopefully that's all we hear now.

3 minutes ago, GogglesWalter said:

This is a PR nightmare and embarrassment for our club and everyone associated with it. All these contradictory statements being released are only damaging the club and its future. Someone please go and cut our phone lines. 

Only ones making contradictory statements are the morons in the media, pulling information out their anus to make a few clicks on their website. Ours, and many others, Stenny for example (https://www.stenhousemuirfc.com/2020/05/12/statement-on-the-spfl-egm/), have been sheer brilliant in calling out the SPFL on their rubbish...

Still with the club on this one .... the statements issued up to yesterday were clear and well worded in my opinion. The record was the one who already printed the smear piece on the CEO around the time of the first vote and here again they print another alleging we had a plan that would cost us £175,000. I find that really hard to believe when for the last six months both Gardiner and Morrison have been scouring the country and beyond to try and raise £500,000. I would believe our chairman's comment this morning a lot more easily than the red top rag. (any red top rag).

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Disagree 1