League restructure

Jack Waddington

3 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

It is remarkable how little is actually said in McArthur's statement beyond a bit of self-indulgent, indignant bluster.  He limits himself to the allegation of threats and says that all he was doing was pointing out that if the SPFL failed and the Rangers' motion was subsequently put and failed, that distribution of Championship prize money might be dived into 10 equal portions.  He ignores the fact that Inverness would be the 2nd biggest loser in that scenario and therefore stood to benefit more than most from supporting the SPFL motion.  He ignores the fact that the "consequences" he mentions would only become reality if the SPFL chose to make them so, and therefore fails to understated why this was rightly seen as a "threat" rather than merely unavoidable "consequences".  

McArthur concludes "  There are many more things I would like to say, but I will retain my dignity and continue to be more concerned about the long term future of Scottish football at this time. The endless point scoring is becoming tiresome, and I would have preferred to rise above it, but I have a duty to protect the reputation of Dunfermline Athletic FC."  What gutless, pompous cr*p!    Hiding behind his role as Pars Chairman allows him to squirm out of answering a range of valid concerns raised in the ICT statement.  As a member of the SPFL Board he also has a duty to the the other 41 member clubs and to the wider reputation of Scottish football.  That is a duty he is abjectly failing in.

spot on !

Currently there is no evidence of bullying at all. All I've seen or read about is heated exchanges which is only natural due to the situation. No sponsor in there right mind will step up and invest in our game due to the embarrassment which is surrounding our game. Lots of clubs and youth systems will now disappear, the only people making money in this situation are lawyers. 

Too be blunt I  couldn't care less how other clubs have conducted themselves. All I care about is ICT. Our CEO has brought our club down with his actions. I've not heard anyone in the game say anything good about him. He is certainly not the guy to be leading us forward. The main priority (which most clubs are failing to see) just now is survival. Its certainly not the time to get involved in tittle tattle publicly. The longer this shambles continues the less chance ICT and others have of survival 

Edited by GogglesWalter
Wrong spelling

34 minutes ago, GogglesWalter said:

The main priority (which most clubs have are failing to see) just now is survival. Its certainly not the time to get involved in tittle tattle publicly. The longer this shambles continues the less chance ICT and others have of survival 

I dont think the bullying ,voting irregularities or lies being brought up counts as tittle tattle, more like valid points requiring independent investigation ( now they say if rangers pay it's not independent 😂).

You say the longer 'this shambles' continues increases the risk to our club and others....sounds like the sort of ultimatum which was being handed out by spfl board members - as they tried to impose their plan ( the only way is our way!).

1 minute ago, Satan said:

I dont think the bullying ,voting irregularities or lies being brought up counts as tittle tattle, more like valid points requiring independent investigation ( now they say if rangers pay it's not independent 😂).

You say the longer 'this shambles' continues increases the risk to our club and others....sounds like the sort of ultimatum which was being handed out by spfl board members - as they tried to impose their plan ( the only way is our way!).

The ultimatum you mention is fact and common sense though, surely not bullying. As for valid points where is the proof of there claims? The Clubs voted for this scenario though. It's a situation where some clubs will be happy with the outcome and most not - winners and losers. People are dying and we have Chairmen and CEO'S arguing publicly. I just feel the club are best airing there views at the actual meeting and not via the media creating unwanted animosity amongst clubs. Hopefully the circus is resolved soon and we come out of it with our heads held high and have a future. 

Interestingly our statement didn't actually name the culprit(s) , which if it was intended as a fishing expedition was quite successful in that it drew out Mr McArthur and his favourite championship clubs.

Block vote on Tuesday anyone?

What an utter mess our game is. SPFL and SFA incompetent, nothing new there, but the clubs are now being shown to be venal and backbiting and self-serving. I thought there was a lot of good in our club statement but I'm worried about being linked to Sevco 2012. The media are already saying we 'support' their campaign.

Some of the usuals on the club Facebook site going on about how the whole thing is a Central Belt plot. I suppose they don't know where Hearts or Plastic Whistle play...

• Agree 1

I'll be honest and say I thought the accusations were aimed at Dundee FC upon first reading it, but when I fully digested the statement it was clear it was aimed at Dunfermline. I feel an independent investigation is needed to clear accusations and hopefully gain working relationships to build our failing game, But I cant see it getting voted for. 

Who the hell do you think you are . You come onto this forum as a new member and do nothing but criticise what has widely been applauded as an excellent detailed statement from our club . We have acted with dignity from the start and both our chairman and ceo should be applauded for their courage and honesty . Anyone would think you have joined this forum for only one reason !!!

• Disagree 1

15 minutes ago, roby said:

Who the hell do you think you are . You come onto this forum as a new member and do nothing but criticise what has widely been applauded as an excellent detailed statement from our club . We have acted with dignity from the start and both our chairman and ceo should be applauded for their courage and honesty . Anyone would think you have joined this forum for only one reason !!!

Who do you think you are?. Everyone is entitled to their views and must be able to express them. 

• Agree 2

51 minutes ago, RiG said:

I thought the person they were referring to was John Nelms at Dundee. Didn't even know the name of the Dunfermline Chairman before today.

That’s what I thought.

I’m a person who joined this forum 13 years ago and am also entitled to my opinion . Typical of this forum when someone says it as it is the moderators are onto it . Strange how our friend disappeared after my post !!! Tell you what  I’ll do the same .

I believe the club laid things out in a very eloquent and considered fashion throughout this debacle. They have made 2 or 3 statements now and each has addressed the very real points or concerns the club has and put it in a context showing that whilst we do have our own self-interest in there, we are also principled enough to not vote for something that would clearly hurt other clubs. I applaud our club, the chairman and our CEO for that. When the dust settles, and regardless of what happens they can hold their heads high and know they kept both their dignity and integrity in place as well as that of ICT

I do not know Scot Gardiner personally, never met the man, but I am aware of his CV so know he has been around and has courted controversy on occasion. I have read the criticisms of him from his times elsewhere and I was also critical of him initially - and will be again if I think he does something worth criticising at ICT - but the way our club has handled things more recently does not require that.  If I am honest, I feel he was a victim of a smear campaign after the vote from certain quarters where his time at other clubs was brought up and comments made that had bugger all to do with the situation at hand. That was one of the bullying tactics I noted immediately.  Our chairman also signed this document and although I dont know him well, I do know that he is a dyed in the wool ICT guy and was a supporter long before he was ever in the boardroom and likely will be when he decides his tenure is over so he is not going to put ICT's integrity or interests on the back burner.  

Our statement did not call out anyone by name and I too thought things were levelled at Dundee or more likely at Doncaster who said he didn't get a complaint yet ICT said they complained directly to him, showing him (yet again) to be a liar. That the DAFC guy pops his head above the parapet and makes this statement shows that he too is mindful of his own behaviour being inappropriate and is moving to distance himself from bullying claims. If he was lily white he would not have said anything at all! He may argue that he said he was making a personal comment or a club comment but when you are in a position of power or influence then its very difficult to cleanly divorce the different roles.  As the saying goes ... words matter and exactly what was said or the underlying tone would determine if it was bullying/ 

There has been so much information and misinformation in this whole thing with dodgy votes, leaked messages, accusations of bullying and lying, smear campaigns, suggestions of process irregularities, and any number of other crap you can think of that there really is no other option than to have an independent inquiry into this. Regardless of how it is achieved there should also be a way found to help the demoted teams as well as Kelty and Brora as each of those will get a double whammy of not only Coronavirus related business issues but also the hit from this ludicrous set of decisions.  

So because I'm a new member that means my opinion offends you? Can your comment be classed as bullying. I've been a fan of the club since 1994 and have the clubs best interests at heart. I'm not offended that you think that the statement released by the club is a good one. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I thought the person they were referring to was John Nelms at Dundee. Didn't even know the name of the Dunfermline Chairman before today.

The MD of the other club (vote comments) is of course Nelms of Dundee. We now know the SPFL board member is McArthur of Dunfermline. So our statement is referring to both. Sorry if this is stating the blinking obvious.

1 hour ago, roby said:

I’m a person who joined this forum 13 years ago and am also entitled to my opinion . Typical of this forum when someone says it as it is the moderators are onto it . Strange how our friend disappeared after my post !!! Tell you what  I’ll do the same .

What moderator is onto anything? The only person to reply to you (until now) is another site member. I do agree with that site member however in saying that the response to that new member was not appropriate. If anyone steps out of line, be it a moderator, be it a new member or one of long standing we will deal with it in a civil manner through processes we have built up over the years. 

now ... back on topic !

What a sad indictment of all that is wrong with Scottish football that, even in this time of unprecedented danger and crisis, that our clubs are so divided, divisive, paranoid and self interested and our game so negligently administered that we can't, just this once, act and pull together for the common good.

• Like 1

That far under their skin they're talking bollocks, claiming we tried to get the season null and voided...despite saying all along we didnt have an issue with the titles being awarded, but didn't want clubs to be relegated...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/secret-inverness-plan-null-void-22011151.amp?__twitter_impression=true

46 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

That far under their skin they're talking bollocks, claiming we tried to get the season null and voided...despite saying all along we didnt have an issue with the titles being awarded, but didn't want clubs to be relegated...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/secret-inverness-plan-null-void-22011151.amp?__twitter_impression=true

It’s actually starting to make us look embarrassing. 

• Agree 1