League restructure

Jack Waddington

45 minutes ago, lightlamp2 said:

Reputation with whom? Its gone up with the likes of hearts and other afflicted clubs. But most in the central belt never liked us anyway. They hated the journeys up north and i know plenty of other clubs fans who were happy to see the back of us when we were relegated.

Away man, that’s the sort of paranoia that Bannerman used to spout. At least when Fergie did it there was a point to it. If you read Pie & Bovril it’s the away trip of the season, even for Morton and Queens who regularly get thumped. It’s no fun for midweek replays In winter and the like, I’ll grant you that, but to say “most” never liked ICT is absolute nonsense.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Satan said:

Every time we put a statement out our ictfc.com goes t1ts up...must be popular. 😉

quality hosting in Germany chosen by the previous CEO to thank for that one 😉 Sorry, couldn't resist it. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

Not only are our club rightly incensed by the Record article, I imagine that McArthur is non too pleased either.  The Record states "But McArthur hit back when he released a statement of his own on Dunfermline’s official website, rejecting Gardiner’s claims and giving details of a counter proposal to null and void the league." and "Details of Gardiner’s plan only emerged as a group of Championship clubs threw their weight behind a statement from Dunfermline chairman Ross McArthur - in which he mentions for the first time a proposal to have the Scottish season wiped from the record books."  At no point in his statement did McArthur claim that ICTFC had any such plan! 

The point McArthur was making was that if the clubs rejected the SPFL motion and then the alternative one proposed by Rangers, Hearts and ICT, then we could be left in the null and void scenario.  It was not an inevitability though. It would only have happened if the SPFL failed to get agreement on alternatives.  My understanding is that the null and void scenario was one our club was keen to avoid and, far from us proposing it, it was the SPFL which was using it to threaten clubs to vote for their motion!

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, TheMantis said:

Away man, that’s the sort of paranoia that Bannerman used to spout. At least when Fergie did it there was a point to it. If you read Pie & Bovril it’s the away trip of the season, even for Morton and Queens who regularly get thumped. It’s no fun for midweek replays In winter and the like, I’ll grant you that, but to say “most” never liked ICT is absolute nonsense.

The whole "Central Belt media" line is something that's come out of the club a bit in the last few years, it's pathetic.

Only one of the Championship to vote in favour of it...and for some reason, United and Raith were voting as Championship clubs, but Partick were voting as a League One club?

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/football-clubs-vote-against-independent-inquiry-into-spfl-ballot-which-ended-season-199487/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Every single Championshp club other than us voted against an inquiry.

I've got to be honest, I think this whole thing has been really poorly handled by our board.  They are completely out of their depth but there's no-one who is going to step in and take over so we are stuck with them.  Releasing embarrassing statements and publicising private conversations with other chairman isn't the way to enhance your clubs reputation.  When it comes down to it, what has the point of all this been?  Why have we pushed so hard on this, when it was obvious early in the whole process that we were very unlikely to come out of this with what we wanted, which was either a season completion or an expanded league?  You have to pick your battles in life and we have picked the wrong battle.  Who knows what impact this will have on us next season, it's certainly not made our club a more attractive location for other players or managers, which we might need to think about if Robbo is given an opporutnity at a higher level.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

Just read the daily ranger report wow if that's true what a clown Coop the dugs owners made of himself but as I did say at an earlier date when all the happy clappers on here the usual suspects were bigging him up as some kinda ghandi / Fergie figure he was most likely a wrong un

• Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, gingerjaggy said:

Now Morton have come and attacked us saying the records story is correct 

Morton are old foes from last season when half a dozen of there fans terrified the main stand imagine the carnage they'll bring nxt season now they've an axe to grind thank fcuk I sit in the north stands all I'm saying! 

• Funny 2

Not unexpected but still very disappointing.  The Stenhousemuir Chairman's statement explained very well why having an inquiry was so important. If the various allegations are founded in fact then it is clearly important they are brought out into the open and dealt with.  If an independent inquiry found that the allegations were largely baseless then those making the allegations would need to start toeing the line.  Either way, the outcome clears the air and allows the organisation to move on.  So surely an inquiry should have been welcomed both by those who think the SPFL are doing a good job and those who do not.

It seems those who have supported an inquiry are largely clubs who have been publicly critical of the SPFL. These are the clubs who are willing to put their side of things to an independent arbiter.  Those who have been supportive of the SPFL position seem unwilling to have the allegations put to independent scrutiny.  There really is only one conclusion that you can draw from that!  

It is all very well saying that we now need to draw a line under this and work together, but the best opportunity for that was for all to accept the conclusions of an independent inquiry. Working together in an organisation where the leadership clearly adopts a bullying culture of divide and rule and where nobody can trust anybody else will not be easy.  Directors and staff from other clubs will have moaned about the SPFL in private and will have pledged their support, but then been too gutless to act.  How on earth are you supposed to work constructively in that kind of environment?  No doubt the club will put out another statement, but it does now need to accept the decision of the majority of member clubs and focus on the season ahead. 

• Agree 5

Something doesn't add up with the Championship vote! 1 vote was cast. Dundee Utd voted as a Premier League team, Hearts as a Championship and PT as League 1 and so on. So how was only 1 vote cast in the Championship. Surely Hearts voted yes. Does that mean we voted no??

• Agree 1

On a side note. I was watching an interview with the Partick CEO today and he mentioned having to potentially go part time due to being in league one. It must be infuriating to read at the same time so many patronising statements from other clubs talking about "moving on for the good of the clubs and scottish football" while trampling over the likes of Partick and Stranraer to get there. All because they are too chicken to reconstruct the league. Still. Im sure all the sympathy that they all seem to have for them will go a long way...

• Agree 1

Look on the bright side ready made excuses aplenty for the clappers now if Robbo cop signs a few duds players won't come coz of the bad press loose a few on the trot other clubs lift there game coz everybody hates us it's all dropping in to place excuses for a nxt season!

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, lightlamp2 said:

Reputation with whom? Its gone up with the likes of hearts and other afflicted clubs. But most in the central belt never liked us anyway. They hated the journeys up north and i know plenty of other clubs fans who were happy to see the back of us when we were relegated.

Quite happy for them to hate the journeys up here and hate the return journeys even more.

Do we hate traveling down to play them, of course we don't. That's all that matters.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, GogglesWalter said:

Something doesn't add up with the Championship vote! 1 vote was cast. Dundee Utd voted as a Premier League team, Hearts as a Championship and PT as League 1 and so on. So how was only 1 vote cast in the Championship. Surely Hearts voted yes. Does that mean we voted no??

We voted yes. Hearts were cast as a Premiership side, United and Raith voted as Championship clubs and Partick as League One.

1 hour ago, cif73 said:

I must say that my vocabulary is definitely broadening with these club statements .... farrago ... scintilla ... 😁

I'm beginning to think Traynor & his random word generator is currently freelancing across a plethora of football clubs 

Better stop thinking for the best of Scottish Football...we might get points deducted next season 

Seriously though, what moron would phone in and say that us and Rangers should lose points next season, just because we called out the SPFL on bullying...😂

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-spfl-inquiry-farce-should-22016730.amp?__twitter_impression=true