Real TogetherNESS

Kingsmills

Football is unimportant just now. The late Bill Shankley had it wrong then and is, without doubt, wrong now.

Like many other posters, I am in a relatively privileged position, Although getting on a wee bit, I am not in an at risk category, the roof over my head is secure and, although my income may be diminished, I will still be able to put food on the table.

I have an elderly parent who is very vulnerable and now socially isolating but she has myself and my brother close at hand to help.

I am aware that there are many not so fortunate, so can I take this opportunity to ask any members of this site who need help in any way not to be shy in asking for it.

Also, and for all I know they may be doing so already, there are a couple of dozen fit young men employed by ICT who are barred from their normal occupation who could perhaps help in the community subject to taking precautions not to spread or contract the virus. It's not, in any way, the priority but that may also engender a lasting bond between club and community which might bear some fruit once things eventually return to normal.

• Like 1

I'm in much the same boat. A lot better off than most and will get through this mayhem. My services have also been offered to those in need where I live. So far, everyone seems to be coping and once the shop managers get to grips with those evil panic buyers then things will settle down. It is those kinds of people who are making matters worse down here. There is no need for it. There's a lot of profiteering going on down here. One shop is selling a small bottle of hand gel for £10/ I kid you not. Stay safe everyone and head the advice that's out there.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Gringo said:

I'm in much the same boat. A lot better off than most and will get through this mayhem. My services have also been offered to those in need where I live. So far, everyone seems to be coping and once the shop managers get to grips with those evil panic buyers then things will settle down. It is those kinds of people who are making matters worse down here. There is no need for it. There's a lot of profiteering going on down here. One shop is selling a small bottle of hand gel for £10/ I kid you not. Stay safe everyone and head the advice that's out there.

We are at war against a hidden but deadly enemy that will deprive many of their lives and many more of their livelihood.

The vast majority are acting as one caring community. Those selfish idiots who are bulk buying and depriving others of essentials need to be called out and shamed.

Worse, those that are profiteering are nothing short of vile. Such activity is perfectly legal although abhorrent. However, these are not normal times and both the Westminster and Holyrood parliaments need to pass emergency legislation making such conduct a criminal offence, at least for the duration of this crisis.

• Agree 2

Delighted to see that the club are now mobilising it's resources to assist with the fight.

Well done to the chairman, board, coaches, players, office and ground staff and every single fan getting involved.

Club and community standing shoulder to shoulder at this time of crisis. Very proud indeed.

• Like 1