ICT and the senior citizens

Alan

Congratulations to the club in their efforts to help out their older season ticket holders by distributing packages of foodstuffs and household essentials. I have just received a delivery of several items for which I am very grateful

• Like 9

Me too and delighted with the contents - all useful and very acceptable.   Many congratulations to ICT, to those who donated the contents and the mystery person who left it on my doorstep.  Many many thanks. 

• Like 5

My friend down the road got his yesterday delivered by Robbo and Rigers and was asking if I got one. I reminded him it was just senior citizens that were getting them and I wasn't included 😂

• Like 2
  • Funny 1

17 minutes ago, Robert said:

Really great to read this post. Credit to the club. Hopefully they get positive media and social media coverage of it which may help our positioning as a community club. 

Yes there are photos online on the Inverness Courier website.

• Like 1

I am so unchuffed that my doorbell is temperamental and didn’t work when ICT called with my goodie bag.  It would have been a highlight of this season to meet the “delivery guys” especially as we may not have a Sponsors Night or Ladies Day this season.  After an awful time of illness in my family, and friends, since new year, expressions of kindness from ICT is so appreciated.   A family club in so many ways.  

• Like 4

Fantastic effort. Club and community United as never before. Well done to all involved.

Actions like this are happening all over and will help us get through this crisis with as few fatalities as possible.

The selfish hoarders and panic buyers get a great deal of publicity but they are, thank goodness, very much in the minority and kindness, compassion and community spirit are surfacing like never before.

7 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Fantastic effort. Club and community United as never before. Well done to all involved.

Actions like this are happening all over and will help us get through this crisis with as few fatalities as possible.

The selfish hoarders and panic buyers get a great deal of publicity but they are, thank goodness, very much in the minority and kindness, compassion and community spirit are surfacing like never before.

I think you are right Kingsmills. The mindless idiots are probably in the minority, however, they have an enormous effect on the rest of us. There are a lot of prats about with no sense of social responsibility, unfortunately it's a malaise of our society. I'm hoping that this dreadful episode might bring about a cultural shift in attitudes and behaviours but that's likely just wishful thinking. 

Before we start preaching about mindless idiots, I think the club might want to make sure the manager and players are setting a good example by practicing proper social distancing and only leaving the house for the reasons laid down by government.  It might be a nice thing to do, but as they say "The road to hell is paved with good intentions".