Season tickets renewal

MorayJaggie

With the shut down of football and the income gap the club is going through. Are the club going to start selling next season's season tickets early I.e now to help generate income. Id be willing to buy an early season ticket to help the club out.

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

Perhaps they might be wanting to wait for a bit to see if there should be a wee price increase for Premiership games? You never know, could very well be on the cards...

True hadn't thought of that but even if there was an increase and we remained championship I'd be happy to pay to keep the club I love.

47 minutes ago, CaleyCanary said:

Perhaps they might be wanting to wait for a bit to see if there should be a wee price increase for Premiership games? You never know, could very well be on the cards...

If I remember rightly, renewal wise, didn't it say in the letter before the end of last season, that we'd be paying the same renewal rate as usual if we were to go up through last season's playoffs? I'm sure they'd want to follow the same strategy if this were the case. I would presume the letters would be sent out once the SFA decides on how to conclude the league.

Finding money for season tickets is going to be quite challenging for a lot of people this season I’d imagine. Like many I’m sure I’m now furloughed and going to get 80% wages. Spending money on my renewal is about the last thing I could afford at the moment   I always do the early bird thing but maybe not this year 🙁

Whether this crisis results in us playing in the top tier or not, next season is certainly going to be a challenging one for the club.  It will be a very challenging one for many of the supporters too.  Some will find themselves better off as a result.  Pensioners and those in jobs which are considered essential will not see any fall in their income but as they cannot go on holiday or go out to the pub or restaurant or entertainment venues, they will be spending a good bit less money than usual and will maybe be able to spend a bit more on the football.  However, for many it will a very different picture with loads of businesses "on hold" and workers being paid reduced wages and, in many cases, laid off.  The Government may be putting unprecedented amounts of money into the economy to support people but it will only go so far and many will fall through the net.  The recovery will be slow and painful.  

In these circumstances any hike in season ticket prices will make it difficult for some long standing fans to afford.  What we need is some innovative thinking and collaborative working to find ways of securing funding from those best able to afford it whilst making attendance affordable for all.  The club's excellent initiative to distribute food packages to some of its older supporters is one which has generated a lot of goodwill in the community.  When all this is over, hopefully it will the turn of the wider community to show its support for its football club.

• Agree 4

I am one of the essential workers, on the frontline in the ambulance service and wish to show my support to the club for what they are doing for the community. I am down in Angus living but wanted to find a way to show my support to the club and keep them going. I haven't had a season ticket for a few years due to the distance I live but wondered if it there is a way I can support the club like they are doing to the community in Inverness.

• Agree 1

I expect to see a pro rata discount for the games it doesn't look like we'll get this season or at least the offer of a refund so people can choose whether they want/need it or not.

2 minutes ago, Satan said:

So how much does that add up to? 

I think if people really want money back they are entitled to ask...

...but honestly what sort of person/fan would do so?

One who's need to put food on the table is greater than the need to subsidise the inflated wages of many within football?

7 minutes ago, Satan said:

I'm sure if you ask nicely one of the many managers we're currently paying inflated wages to will deal with your issue.

How much are you expecting back?

Maths not your strong point I take it?

Gonna be a big ask for me nxt season this has knocked my finances for 6 just started a new job got sent home so don't no if I'll be eligible for the 80% ! The club should show us due hards the same loyalty wev shown them over the years by at least letting u pay it up interest free look at the performances wev been forced to endure last couple of seasons

48 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

The club should show us due hards the same loyalty wev shown them over the years by at least letting u pay it up interest free

It's not a bad thought actually - I don't know how the system operates as I've never bought a season ticket but could it be possible to offer season tickets on an interest free loan scheme? I know the clubs would rather have the cash up front before the season starts but at least it would help with a regular cash flow as the season progresses.

2 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Gonna be a big ask for me nxt season this has knocked my finances for 6 just started a new job got sent home so don't no if I'll be eligible for the 80% ! The club should show us due hards the same loyalty wev shown them over the years by at least letting u pay it up interest free look at the performances wev been forced to endure last couple of seasons

If you started the job before 28 February you should be covered by furloughing. 

6 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Big Jordan will give you a sub.

19 hours ago, Robert said:

I’m no expert but our company guidance says it does not apply to anyone who has started from 28 February. There will be guidance on line at gov.uk so try google maybe?

I no bud guess the government thinks guys who started jobs after that date have no bills or mouths to feed eh crazy stuff! Specially in this day and age when most jobs are short term

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

True story he'll be sitting on his 80% while waiting on an Spl giant to pick him up lol

As you are so fond of Storey, maybe you could ask him for a zero percentage loan?