Season tickets renewal

MorayJaggie

Unfortunately given the uncertainty of when restrictions on society will lift and the possibility of football returning I cannot see any way clubs can reasonably justify asking for ST monies. While I appreciate the pre-sale to help through this period, its unknown whether this is til the end of April (as suggested increased from start of April) or for 13 weeks, 6 months or more. Will we ever see this season complete and in what guise will the future season be - compact length, different leagues, reduced games. The challenge is the club will be trying to sell something they don't know the format or structure for making pricing hard to do. Ultimately make the call too soon and what happens if fans pay upfront for the club to fold based on the unclear future for when a regular income may return. Given the position of many fans regrading uncertain times with employment very few would be in a position to buy a ST now or in the next few months until clarity appears.

Any financial help that can be provided to the club will need to be made without the prospect of getting anything in return for the reasons set out above. They can't offer us anything really as we just don't know what the next few weeks / months are going to bring.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2020 at 7:49 PM, MorayJaggie said:

I am one of the essential workers, on the frontline in the ambulance service and wish to show my support to the club for what they are doing for the community. I am down in Angus living but wanted to find a way to show my support to the club and keep them going. I haven't had a season ticket for a few years due to the distance I live but wondered if it there is a way I can support the club like they are doing to the community in Inverness.

Like MJ I haven't purchased a season ticket for a number of seasons. Shifts initially caused me to not renew & eventually I just filled my time with other things as my circumstances continued to change. I still live close enough in Nairn so I intend to come back regularly as soon as football resumes. I've realised with the financial fallout each fan coming back that can afford to could make a difference across all of Scottish football. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brigadadoo said:

Like MJ I haven't purchased a season ticket for a number of seasons. Shifts initially caused me to not renew & eventually I just filled my time with other things as my circumstances continued to change. I still live close enough in Nairn so I intend to come back regularly as soon as football resumes. I've realised with the financial fallout each fan coming back that can afford to could make a difference across all of Scottish football. 

Once we get back to the football however long it takes any fan coming back or any new supporters will be warmly welcome.

• Agree 4

Another spanner in the works for the season tickets with talk of league reconstruction. Even if there is no reconstruction ( quite possible ) the delay will still affect the organisation of fixtures etc.

All this on top of covid crisis and financial distress all round.

On 3/28/2020 at 5:05 PM, Alan Simpson said:

Na bud started the 1st week of march so not sure if I'll be covered u no much about it I'm clueless 

You might be in luck. Because so many people changing jobs were falling through the gaps, they've changed the rules. Now, if your new employer told HMRC before 19th March that you had started with them, you could be furloughed.

Summary:

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/furlough-scheme-cut-off-date-extended-to-19-march

Detailed guidance:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/claim-for-wage-costs-through-the-coronavirus-job-retention-scheme