Ballistic: Super Caley’s Big Night

Robert

1 hour ago, bmills said:

Is it possible to get it in England?

If you have access to BBC iPlayer, then you can change the location - under "settings" - to Scotland, and get the Scottish channels.

I have used it to watch Caley Thistle live on BBC Scotland and BBC Alba, but I assume that you can also see the programme after the live transmission.

Blimey ..this was the game when Caley first came to my attention and which would eventually lead to me following the team and planning trips up to Scotland to watch either at home or away. I was driving back from somewhere and was listening to the Sports on Radio 5 Live  and getting the updates...it came across as a big deal down south

What I hadn't realised was that Ian Wright, a former hero at my other club Palace (but now at Celtic, at the end of his career) played the 2nd half against Caley!     A comment on the programme noted that Wright had probably never been involved in such a shock..which had me thinking about when Palace beat Liverpool 4-3 in the FA Cup Semi Final the year we lost to them 0-9 at Anfield in the league. Interestingly John Barnes was involved in that match as well playing for Liverpool,  a match as set in folklore as the Celtic-Caley match, I was getting congratulations from all and sundry for days after.

Palace lost the final against Man United that year (and again against the same team in 2016, bugger!), whereas I was privileged to watch Caley beat Celtic in the Semi and then Falkirk in the Final in 2015, which stands as the pinnacle of my personal football supporting life thus far.

And yes tonight's programme was a bit about how that game changed Celtic, but I felt we got a fair share of the coverage, and allowed me to get a bit closer to a key date in Caley's history

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

Blimey ..this was the game when Caley first came to my attention and which would eventually lead to me following the team and planning trips up to Scotland to watch either at home or away. I was driving back from somewhere and was listening to the Sports on Radio 5 Live  and getting the updates...it came across as a big deal down south

What I hadn't realised was that Ian Wright, a former hero at my other club Palace (but now at Celtic, at the end of his career) played the 2nd half against Caley!     A comment on the programme noted that Wright had probably never been involved in such a shock..which had me thinking about when Palace beat Liverpool 4-3 in the FA Cup Semi Final the year we lost to them 0-9 at Anfield in the league. Interestingly John Barnes was involved in that match as well playing for Liverpool,  a match as set in folklore as the Celtic-Caley match, I was getting congratulations from all and sundry for days after.

Palace lost the final against Man United that year (and again against the same team in 2016, bugger!), whereas I was privileged to watch Caley beat Celtic in the Semi and then Falkirk in the Final in 2015, which stands as the pinnacle of my personal football supporting life thus far.

And yes tonight's programme was a bit about how that game changed Celtic, but I felt we got a fair share of the coverage, and allowed me to get a bit closer to a key date in Caley's history

As Barry Wilson commented, a lot of the aftermath was about how bad Celtic were  (we certainly weren't given the credit our performance deserved).

Still, great memories (it was made all the sweeter after the last minute call off of the originally scheduled match).

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, DWH said:

As Barry Wilson commented, a lot of the aftermath was about how bad Celtic were  (we certainly weren't given the credit our performance deserved).

Still, great memories (it was made all the sweeter after the last minute call off of the originally scheduled match).

Still brings a tear to the eye after 20 years.  A lot of people thought we were mad going back down on a Tuesday night for the game but Bhoy it was worth it :ictscarf:

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Best night of my football watching years. Wow! I can remember the whole thing as if it was yesterday. Fantastic and lost my voice for about two weeks lol.

As we were waiting for the train back south from Glasgow Central and Celtic fan approached us. I feared the worst to be honest but no, he just wanted to swap scarf's saying "my team was shite, you're team was brilliant...this is history...will you swap your scarf?" I did and I've still got it (somewhere)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, lizi said:

On again BBC Scotland at 19.45 tonight - enjoy again, why not?  

Thoroughly enjoyed programme again.  Unintentionally watched the following programme about referees and their training/fitness regimes - very very interesting.   At Alloa (I think)  we were seated right at the centre line long before kick off and were front seat witnesses to Willie Collum and the assistant referees warming up.  Willie was extremely fit, he could put lots professionals to shame, the two assistants were sweating profusely but not Willie.  We were totally impressed, despite not being Willie Collum fans!   He appreciated our comments, I think, before the game.