Building for next season.

CaleyTennis

Now that the season has finally been ended, we now await a result on league reconstruction. Other than our views on league reconstruction (which are in the relevant thread), we now have nothing to discuss so I thought I'd start a thread regarding building for next season. 

First things first, I'm worried that Hearts will come in for John Robertson, especially if Hearts the restruction vote and indeed get relegated to the Championship, which would then result in Daniel Stendel resigning. 

Hopefully the majority of our squad stay so that we can present a strong fight with Hearts and Dundee, in the push for ending as league winners. 

Imho, we need to sign quality rather than quantity and also utilise some of our promising youngsters in the first team squad. 

At the moment, we have signed Shane Sutherland and are losing Shaun Rooney to Saint Johnstone and possibly White to Motherwell (taken from Scott Burns Twitter account). 

My take on what we need in order to compete with Hearts and Dundee, which I'm happy for you to disagree with, add to or even debate 😛

Imho, our defence and a 20-25 goals a season striker would be what I'd be prioritising.  I do understand that we need money to get these, hence why I said that we need to utilise the youngsters into the first team.  Players like Cammy Mackay, Cameron Harper, Roddy Mcgregor and Daniel Mackay (there are probably more that I've forgotten to mention) are, in my opinion, capable of becoming first team regulars and making a difference :ictscarf:

If only we had a rich business man/woman that could back Robbo, like Utd (Ogren) and Dundee (Nelms) have 😟

16 minutes ago, CaleyTennis said:

Now that the season has finally been ended, we now await a result on league reconstruction. Other than our views on league reconstruction (which are in the relevant thread), we now have nothing to discuss so I thought I'd start a thread regarding building for next season. 

First things first, I'm worried that Hearts will come in for John Robertson, especially if Hearts the restruction vote and indeed get relegated to the Championship, which would then result in Daniel Stendel resigning. 

Hopefully the majority of our squad stay so that we can present a strong fight with Hearts and Dundee, in the push for ending as league winners. 

Imho, we need to sign quality rather than quantity and also utilise some of our promising youngsters in the first team squad. 

At the moment, we have signed Shane Sutherland and are losing Shaun Rooney to Saint Johnstone and possibly White to Motherwell (taken from Scott Burns Twitter account). 

My take on what we need in order to compete with Hearts and Dundee, which I'm happy for you to disagree with, add to or even debate 😛

Imho, our defence and a 20-25 goals a season striker would be what I'd be prioritising.  I do understand that we need money to get these, hence why I said that we need to utilise the youngsters into the first team.  Players like Cammy Mackay, Cameron Harper, Roddy Mcgregor and Daniel Mackay (there are probably more that I've forgotten to mention) are, in my opinion, capable of becoming first team regulars and making a difference :ictscarf:

If only we had a rich business man/woman that could back Robbo, like Utd (Ogren) and Dundee (Nelms) have 😟

All this goes out the window if we were promoted. We would need at least five or six  new players at least . Where the money would come from is another story. 

Even without losing more players than we currently know of, we need to find a right back to replace Rooney and a centre half. 

Tremarco may have another season in him hopefully. 

Our midfield is ok if we can keep Welsh fit but I agree, a goal scorer is a must.

If we do get promoted, we need to use what funds we have to add more quality and find some consistency or it will be a tough season. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

Can't realistically see Robbo jumping ship, pretty sure he's said he's not going anywhere til he takes us back to the top flight. Tremarco, I have a hunch will be hanging up his boots at the end of the season (might stay on a bit longer if we go up) as he's the oldest player still on the park.

Either way, even if we don't go up through a potential league reconstruction, it's still going to be an exciting one, especially kicking off the season with a cup final...

Incredibly difficult to plan at the moment with lockdown or big gatherings likely to be in place for some time. Football likely to be on the back burner for some time. Very unsettling for players thinking of geographical moves. We have quite a few players out of contract soon but can they find alternative employers?

Best move would be Robbo going what's wrong with you people wow how many goes do you give him decent enough manager but his shelf life's burst at caley had his shot and failed miserably never looked like getting us up to many clowns on here seem to think he's a saviour 25 goal a season striker have u seen our forwards only half decent 1 gets played on the wing Shane Sutherland be well out of his depth in either of the divisions wouldn't surprise me if Robbo persuades White to stay! Defence should be okay tho Rooney a huge miss midfields decent but doesn't create much to many plodders like Traff and Proctor need a creative midfielder and a striker who can actually score board should push the boat out trim the squad of empty shirts and go for some1 like Antony stokes who's stocks at an all time low! Whoever in the dugout nxt year chances are it'll be Robbo again as hearts will defo not come calling trust me has got a fairly big rebuild on his hands 

• Disagree 2

Ah come on, Robbo has won me over and basically because he gets the best out of what he has! To say he's a failure is pathetic, his first year he ended 5th, only a point behind the last play off place, last season, only County and Utd were ahead of us and this season, only Utd and they were miles ahead.  Add the cup quarters, semis and challenge cup final he has got us too, one thing he certainly isn't, is a failure! 

As for rebuilding, I also disagree with that as only a 2-3 players have left. 

• Agree 8
  • Disagree 1

24 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Best move would be Robbo going what's wrong with you people wow how many goes do you give him decent enough manager but his shelf life's burst at caley had his shot and failed miserably never looked like getting us up to many clowns on here seem to think he's a saviour 25 goal a season striker have u seen our forwards only half decent 1 gets played on the wing Shane Sutherland be well out of his depth in either of the divisions wouldn't surprise me if Robbo persuades White to stay! Defence should be okay tho Rooney a huge miss midfields decent but doesn't create much to many plodders like Traff and Proctor need a creative midfielder and a striker who can actually score board should push the boat out trim the squad of empty shirts and go for some1 like Antony stokes who's stocks at an all time low! Whoever in the dugout nxt year chances are it'll be Robbo again as hearts will defo not come calling trust me has got a fairly big rebuild on his hands 

Alan.

I wish to send you some of these ...............

Good grammar is vitally important my good man.

Storey will shine next season. 

1 hour ago, Alan Simpson said:

Proctor??

Alan. Use lockdown to get some of your demons out. Stokes is not the answer, accept it. Also accept that we can't just go and buy a 'shankland' who will score 25 goals. Accept that Storey has limitations. Accept that some 'small teams' might be better than you expected. Just be more accepting in general. Hope you accept this advice. Peace and love. John Rober ....ts

• Agree 5
  • Funny 1

Still not convincing me Robbos the man he's had years to get us up or even in a title race he hasn't managed it also as a man brought up on Caley been big dogs in the highland league and cup shock troops in no impressed by humiliating defeats to the Edinburgh ugly sisters! His remit would've been win the league so defo failed on that 1 ! Wer Caley not fckin Morton wer not also rans we used to be the team everybody hated to play and now a 5-2 defeat to an average Hibs side as seen as a decent result where's our ambitions went I can mind seeing as destroy them on a regular basis and don't come with the budget gash Yogi and Butcher had in comparison with there Spl rivals a far smaller budget than Robbo! Need a timescale he will stay wev no money and the board lack the backbone also to bag him but can't keep with the same old every season also rans ***** wee cup run till we play a "big" team then play of failure!

• Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, Robert said:

Who’s impressed me with his commitment this season. 

Yes he turned out to be a good signing, playing a number of good games before the season ended suddenly.

• Agree 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Who’s impressed me with his commitment this season. 

Aww well if he's impressed u my man defo a worldie he's no been good enough come on be serious meant to have been Pollys replacement he's a clogger created very little going forward unlike Polly 

3 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Carson's from Morpeth Town. 

Who the fcuks Morpeth town Jesus thought Blackburn reserves were bad that's a made up team from Roy of the rovers surely who else plays for them the Mekon from the eagle comic I'll do the funnys there's no such team as Morpeth surely 

• Funny 1

On 4/17/2020 at 10:08 PM, Stirling Observer said:

Alan. Use lockdown to get some of your demons out. Stokes is not the answer, accept it. Also accept that we can't just go and buy a 'shankland' who will score 25 goals. Accept that Storey has limitations. Accept that some 'small teams' might be better than you expected. Just be more accepting in general. Hope you accept this advice. Peace and love. John Rober ....ts

No me that said buy a 25 goal striker my man lol ! Stokes would be awesome at this level not that it'll happen I'm quite sure we'll have the traffic cone or a striker of similiar "prolific" attributes nxt season under Robbo cop!

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, standbydave said:

Do not say that if your ever in Northumberland Alan, they would chew you up and spit you out

Haha I can imagine the Morpeth massive no be happy with that eh they must be well down the pecking order fcuk that Carsons lucky a reasonable big club like us trawled the depths to get him Morpeth that's class if I was a baller and fell so low think I'd go on universal credit!

On 4/17/2020 at 9:10 PM, aaroncoganshogun said:

Alan.

I wish to send you some of these ...............

Good grammar is vitally important my good man.

Storey will shine next season. 

No need for the grammar lesson my man it's a forum no university challenge! Oh aye he defo will cream always rises Miles is 1 of the top players in this league easily play him as a striker instead of on the wing man will score for fun 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1