Building for next season.

CaleyTennis

On 5/8/2020 at 5:22 PM, RednBlackComeback said:

On 5/8/2020 at 7:09 PM, caleyboy said:

Andrew was always going to be a good part-time player. When he was released the club did him a favour. A good football wage and full-time work wage instead of crap wage and small chance of a regular start.

Andrew had/has the potential to be a good SPL player , a very good Championship player , and an excellent lower league player (which he has proved for the last few seasons - best HL young player of the year x2 and now the HL player of the year) .  Probably one of the most technically gifted players to ever come through the ICT youth system and yes we should be reminded why the club saw fit to release such a talented player - maybe a question the Heathmount (Unofficial) Board Members could answer. 

I don't really like the way I found it, considering the poor circumstances about the club in question, but according to the article, he's a really promising player.

Hassan Ayari. American/Lithuanian/Tunisian Attacking Midfielder, played for TW Braga (some wee club in Northern Ireland) where apparently he stood out by a country mile, and moved directly from there, into Sheffield United's Youth Ranks (U18s specifically).

If he's as good as they say he is, I'd say a potential loan offer is a good plan to make, as we need points, and he needs game time.

Only issue in it I can see is his age, as Sheffield to Inverness at about 17 or so, is a long way...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52921067?at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_campaign=64&at_custom2=facebook_page&at_custom4=DDFD4E04-A707-11EA-B94E-A7ACFCA12A29

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hassan-ayari/profil/spieler/746754

Edited by Jack Waddington

5 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Mitchell Curry just updated his fb profile pic to this. Making a return or am I over thinking things? 👀👀

Screenshot_20200612-121853_Facebook.jpg

Lazy scouting if he's coming back guys utter gash I'd do a better turn and I'm a middle aged man with sciatica and a dodgy knee!

• Funny 1

I thought he did ok for us when he got a chance, which wasn’t that often. With Walsh away he could be a decent replacement with regular game time. Is he out of contract at Middlesbrough?

18 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Right at the moment, if we are recruiting at all it is surely encouraging.

I'd rather not fill the squad with empty shirts like Curry just got rid of a few! I sincerely hope we are not looking at players of that calibre bad enough with Sutherland been back! 

• Disagree 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

I'd rather not fill the squad with empty shirts like Curry just got rid of a few! I sincerely hope we are not looking at players of that calibre bad enough with Sutherland been back! 

So you don't like players returning after failed attempts like Curry or Sutherland. But you appear to get rather excited about Storey? What has he contributed since his return that is worth your adoration??

• Disagree 1

12 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

So you don't like players returning after failed attempts like Curry or Sutherland. But you appear to get rather excited about Storey? What has he contributed since his return that is worth your adoration??

To be honest I think Storey is better as a centre forward. I think he will have a good season whenever it starts.

I think Storey and Todorov would be a good combination up front.

Both are better footballers in my opinion than White. 

Given finances, I would like to see Daniel McKay come back and take Walsh's place. 

17 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

Storey done the business 1st time round bud and hasn't been played in his proper position all season maybe Sutherland will do a turn who nos but not exactly a signing to get me exited that's for sure

Sad signs when some of our fans are buzzing about players like Sutherland and Curry guys who'd struggle to get a game for Alness UTD if that's the benchmark Robbos looking at if far rather he play our young boys see what there made of that's if wev any left obvs! Frank Ross freed by Aberdeen he's a lot of potential 

9 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Sad signs when some of our fans are buzzing about players like Sutherland and Curry guys who'd struggle to get a game for Alness UTD if that's the benchmark Robbos looking at if far rather he play our young boys see what there made of that's if wev any left obvs! Frank Ross freed by Aberdeen he's a lot of potential 

I agree with you regarding having a look at young Frank Ross because it's the sort of age range we should be looking at signing :).

A disagree with your point regarding Curry and Sutherland though, we need to give Sutherland a chance, I mean, he scored lots for Elgin so he's not a bad player and knows where the net is. Plus Curry needs to be given a chance, be it at us or wherever he  goes.

At least its gone quiet on Jonny Hayes lol, everybody knows he's Tannadice or Pittodrie bound, anyone that thinks otherwise is crazy :-P. 

Our starting XI as it stands is probably Ridgers, McKay, Toshney, McHattie, Harper, Vincent, Welsh, Storey, Keatings, Doran, Todorov. Obviously there's plenty of room for improvement there, particularly in defence. But I reckon that puts us in far better shape than any other Championship side bar Hearts and Dundee at this point. 

Scot Gardiner's interview on The Wyness Shuffle was pretty bullish, given the circumstances. He pointed out that getting seasoned pros in their late 20s up to the Highlands was tough and so we're more likely to be targeting youngsters with potential (like Walsh and Rooney two years ago), or players from the English non-leagues like David Carson. But it does sound like we have some irons in the fire...and like our budget hasn't been cut too drastically.

Robbo was very positive about Curry when he left and I can understand why. You can't teach that sort of pace. Curry's spell here was dogged by injury and he never got a run of games. Like Storey, he's probably also better as a striker than a winger. I wouldn't be surprised if we went for him again.

Frank Ross has basically been injured for 2 years and would be awfully high-risk. If we were to take a gamble on a player coming back from long-term injury, I'd try for Calvin Miller of Celtic.

Other youngsters I'd like us to have a punt at signing:

Adam Frizzell - little winger released by Kilmarnock who shone on loan in League One

Kevin O'Hara - has left Alloa to try and get a full-time contract. Was sensational last season

Anton Dowds - has scored a lot of goals for East Fife and is trying to find a full-time team

Dario Zanatta - wasn't that great for Partick last season but was amazing for Alloa the year before

I expect we'll end up signing lots of players we've never heard of...but that's worked for the club plenty of times in the last decade or so...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Robbo signs a two year extension. Didn't see that coming! 

https://twitter.com/ICTFC/status/1272438949718433792?s=19

You've gotta be kidding he'd better do something to deserve that this season then at least get us in a title fight was kinda hoping Hearts would come in for him every managers got a shelf life thought his was close feels like he's been here forever!

Good news about Robbo. I’d be worried if he was getting the dreaded 4 year contract like some in the past 😉

Mixed feelings about Curry. His goal at Cappielow was sensational but 3 days later his game awareness at QoS was shocking. Whether that’s something you can teach...

1 hour ago, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Our starting XI as it stands is probably Ridgers, McKay, Toshney, McHattie, Harper, Vincent, Welsh, Storey, Keatings, Doran, Todorov. Obviously there's plenty of room for improvement there, particularly in defence. But I reckon that puts us in far better shape than any other Championship side bar Hearts and Dundee at this point. 

Scot Gardiner's interview on The Wyness Shuffle was pretty bullish, given the circumstances. He pointed out that getting seasoned pros in their late 20s up to the Highlands was tough and so we're more likely to be targeting youngsters with potential (like Walsh and Rooney two years ago), or players from the English non-leagues like David Carson. But it does sound like we have some irons in the fire...and like our budget hasn't been cut too drastically.

Robbo was very positive about Curry when he left and I can understand why. You can't teach that sort of pace. Curry's spell here was dogged by injury and he never got a run of games. Like Storey, he's probably also better as a striker than a winger. I wouldn't be surprised if we went for him again.

Frank Ross has basically been injured for 2 years and would be awfully high-risk. If we were to take a gamble on a player coming back from long-term injury, I'd try for Calvin Miller of Celtic.

Other youngsters I'd like us to have a punt at signing:

Adam Frizzell - little winger released by Kilmarnock who shone on loan in League One

Kevin O'Hara - has left Alloa to try and get a full-time contract. Was sensational last season

Anton Dowds - has scored a lot of goals for East Fife and is trying to find a full-time team

Dario Zanatta - wasn't that great for Partick last season but was amazing for Alloa the year before

I expect we'll end up signing lots of players we've never heard of...but that's worked for the club plenty of times in the last decade or so...

Zannata and O hara defo be worth a shout good players said in another post I'd go for Miller as well be class at this level fingers crossed hope we get at least 1 player gets the fans excited we deserve it after the last few seasons