Building for next season.

CaleyTennis

I agree, early September should be time enough for getting players signed up. Some of those released by us when their contacts expired in June may sign back on (someone mentioned Jack Brown and Lewis Hyde in this regard recently). 

We also have a risk we could lose one or two more to Premiership sides in the near future (someone linked Ridgers with County, but I hope that does not happen). 

For me, priority positions are right back and centre half. Currently we only have 4 defenders signed up, plus Toddy who can play there. A central midfielder would be useful also given Welsh and Vincent can be injury prone.

In addition, if we do lose anyone else we will need a direct replacement. 

Edited by Robert

12 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Am I the only one that's getting worried/concerned about our lack of transfer activity 🤔

I know people will say that other clubs aren't signing either but that's not true because Ayr, Dunfermline, Raith and even PARTICK have signed players!! 

Most people would agree that we need another 2-3 players in so, the sooner the better imho. 

Yes.

Ayr literally signed their first two players a day or two ago and Raith have signed one player. No one cares about Partick. We'll sign players in due course possibly after the arbitration issue is settled.

Plus, we don't play until October so there are two months for Robbo to bring players in.

13 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Am I the only one that's getting worried/concerned about our lack of transfer activity 🤔

I know people will say that other clubs aren't signing either but that's not true because Ayr, Dunfermline, Raith and even PARTICK have signed players!! 

Most people would agree that we need another 2-3 players in so, the sooner the better imho. 

Why would we sign players right now when we would have to pay them money we don't have to sit at home doing nothing ?

There will be an unprecedented number of players out of contract so recruiting will be easier than normal and I am certain that informal approaches and tentative offers will have already been made.

• Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2020 at 7:08 PM, RiG said:

Doubt many rumours will come to anything. Everyone is in the same position right now. Very unlikely we will sign anyone anytime soon. I think we are just going to have to wait a bit longer until we know what is happening with the league restarting, No one has a clue what is going on. Entertaining though to hear the players linked.

:wink:

• Agree 1
  • Funny 4

We have quite a few attacking options but none of them that convince me that they are going to get 15-20 goals a season. The defence has been worked on and hopefully that will help leaking goals. I do feel we lack a creative midfield player that can take the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen which is a worry for me. I am also not convinced we have a stand out captain to be a real leader on the pitch. I assume the captain will be Doran as he was vice to Tremarco but I am not convinced that he is right person for the job.