Building for next season.

CaleyTennis

14 hours ago, RiG said:

Tremarco is away. 

I hope that is not the case: what is the source of the information?

He took a pay cut when he renewed his contract after relegation so I would hope we can give him an extension when his contract expires. 

As it is almost two months until then, I hope this is just rumour and speculation. 

Edited by Robert

8 minutes ago, Robert said:

I hope that is not the case: what is the source of the information?

He took a pay cut when he renewed his contract after relegation so I would hope we can give him an extension when his contract expires. 

As it is almost two months until then, I hope this is just rumour and speculation. 

The source is journalist Scott Burns. He is normally very reliable. 

Meanwhile, as per, all silent on the Twitter front regarding the issue, and interestingly from Carly too, only been liking tweets from fans about the memories he's made and what not. But then again, there might be something regarding footballers not announcing departures before the club does (which, being brutally honest, for us would be a blessing if it didn't exist, as we take a year and a half to tweet announcements)

I really hope that we now give our youngsters a chance. I understand that the gaffer may well be looking at what's available, if it's at all possible to sign players during this unprecedented times (it's possible as White is departing, likely to Motherwell).

I really rate players such as Cammy Mackay, Cameron Harper, Roddy Mcgregor and young Daniel Mackay. 

If there is any other young guys that I've missed out that could make the step up then feel free to mention them here (I don't check news on the youth team but, from next season I might start to), the above names are ones that have been in the first team match squad at times last season. 

Anyway, I'd love Tremarco to join the coaching staff or return as manager in the future :ictscarf: :ictscarf:

11 hours ago, lizi said:

So, being captain and vice captain brings extra  spoondoolacks. 

Same as being a team leader or manager in any other non-football (real world) job. People can't have an issue with this considering the extra duties involved in terms of being a club ambassador; attending both commercial and public functions as a representative, not to mention community and charity work.

Just a shame that we won't be able to give him a proper goodbye. Surely he could be offered a coaching role, and given a one game contract for the Cup Final, as one last hurrah. Man hasn't even been offered a testamonial, he's been here for just about 10 years now...

Going to be honest, but I think the board are hellbent on kicking fan favourites out the club without asking the players (as far as I'm aware) if they'd be willing to take a lowered wage, or in Carly's case, a job with Barry Wilson and co, cos he's definitely hitting the age for hanging up the boots. There's nothing to indicate he rejected a contract, just, he won't be offered a new contract.

• Facepalm 3

Is it possible that all players who’s contracts expire next month are not having them renewed at this time due to the uncertainty over the game and therefore revenue?

Does anyone have the list of who’s contracts expire this summer (sorry, I can’t locate it)?

Possibly as and when things improve there may be scope to offer terms to players out of contract: who knows!

I wouldn't be surprised if all high earning players out of contract in June have been told they won't have their contact renewed. 

Firstly, Carl has been a great servant to the club and I'm sorry he is leaving but people need to face up to the severity of the situation. The club will have to cut costs drastically just to survive. If it comes down to players or the club I know who I will back. 

Whilst harsh, especially on good club servants like Carl, it's simply the reality. No income on the horizon means dark days ahead. 

I don't know if this is the case with the out of contract players this summer in this instance, but some are offered contracts by the club and either feel they are not good enough offers or want to wait for better offers. Always a risk and looks rather risky at the moment as there wont be many clubs signing players compared to usual. 

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, Stirling Observer said:

I wouldn't be surprised if all high earning players out of contract in June have been told they won't have their contact renewed. 

Firstly, Carl has been a great servant to the club and I'm sorry he is leaving but people need to face up to the severity of the situation. The club will have to cut costs drastically just to survive. If it comes down to players or the club I know who I will back. 

Whilst harsh, especially on good club servants like Carl, it's simply the reality. No income on the horizon means dark days ahead. 

I don't know if this is the case with the out of contract players this summer in this instance, but some are offered contracts by the club and either feel they are not good enough offers or want to wait for better offers. Always a risk and looks rather risky at the moment as there wont be many clubs signing players compared to usual. 

You bet me to it I was typing as you replied!

23 hours ago, lizi said:

Recall being quite shocked at a Sponsors Night event, when Richie Foran was asked what was the best part of being Captain  of the Club.  His answer, and he wasn’t joking, was “The Money”.   So, being captain and vice captain brings extra  spoondoolacks.  

Why was that shocking girl it's just a job to most players ! I mind Richie wallpapered my mates living room I came out with the immortal line ffs bud keen letting Ricardo do that couldn't even keep Caley up Richie near cracked a rib laughing

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

The club is in an incredibly difficult position at the moment.  With discussions going on around restructuring, there is a real possibility that we might be back in the top flight next season.  But then there is a real possibility that we won't.  The club simply don't know where we will be playing but they do know that the revenue streams from those two options would be very different.  In these circumstances it is almost impossible to do any realistic budgeting and to decide who they want to keep and who they don't.

It may well be that the best option is to plan for just keeping afloat in the Championship.  If we do end up in the Premiership then we would do so on a very low budget and would be hot favourites for the drop.  However, a low budget and increased revenue stream would help make us financially stronger and would allow us to be in a much better position to be competitive in the Championship the year after in the likely event of us being relegated next year.  Of course, we might not get relegated, in which case we would be in a position to strengthen.

The club might expect that if we end up in the Premiership, we will be a more attractive option to out of contract players who may be happy to be on a lower wage if it gives them exposure in the top flight.  The club is not really in a position to be making commitments to out of contract players at this time.  Once a decision on the possible restructuring is made then the club should be in a better position to make decisions.  The continuing Coronavirus situation will, however, continue to impose other very considerable uncertainties for some time to come.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, DoofersDad said:

The club is in an incredibly difficult position at the moment.  With discussions going on around restructuring, there is a real possibility that we might be back in the top flight next season.  But then there is a real possibility that we won't.  The club simply don't know where we will be playing but they do know that the revenue streams from those two options would be very different.  In these circumstances it is almost impossible to do any realistic budgeting and to decide who they want to keep and who they don't.

It may well be that the best option is to plan for just keeping afloat in the Championship.  If we do end up in the Premiership then we would do so on a very low budget and would be hot favourites for the drop.  However, a low budget and increased revenue stream would help make us financially stronger and would allow us to be in a much better position to be competitive in the Championship the year after in the likely event of us being relegated next year.  Of course, we might not get relegated, in which case we would be in a position to strengthen.

The club might expect that if we end up in the Premiership, we will be a more attractive option to out of contract players who may be happy to be on a lower wage if it gives them exposure in the top flight.  The club is not really in a position to be making commitments to out of contract players at this time.  Once a decision on the possible restructuring is made then the club should be in a better position to make decisions.  The continuing Coronavirus situation will, however, continue to impose other very considerable uncertainties for some time to come.

Totally agree with this statement but I think it also goes beyond uncertainty of which league I think it goes to uncertainty of when fans can attend. Of course Celtic/rangers will bring income in terms of tv if we were promoted but playing behind closed doors could kill us as it would most clubs in Scotland as gate money makes it vital for clubs to make money. So not knowing what league and then not knowing about paying customers having access to the stadium is also very worrying 

7 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Allegedly our kit contract with Errea has ended, any clue who could be our next suppliers? Money is on Joma at the mo. Macron could also be a possibility

Puma.

If we end up being promoted after the Covid-19 / league restructure settles out, revenue will be much improved in the top league without us having spent much to get there. If we trim back all out of contract players now, then field a young and threadbare squad with modest recruits during our first season we could have a good financial situation there for the first time in a while. Then build from there.