Centenary Club

Ok the centenary club was indeed started by Caledonian FC. It begun in the year Caley became 100 years old.1986 I think? 

The original idea came from Bolton FC who called their scheme Lifeline. Nat Lofthouse came up from Bolton and the original scheme was lauched at the Caledonian Hotel. 

The scheme has changed over the years slightly but ICTFC did indeed inherit it. Charlie Christie was commercial manager for Caley and to my knowledge still runs it for ICT

And before the Centenary Club there was the 200 club which was run by Reenie Urquhart which I had won a few prizes over the years so joined the Centenary Club from the start and also had a few prizes 😊 If your not a member it's worth joining. 

Thanks folks, I understand what it is and now where it originates from.

Maybe time for a rebrand and still think '2015 Club' or an ICT label would be better?

Edited by aaroncoganshogun
Typo

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2020 at 11:14 PM, aaroncoganshogun said:

Thanks folks, I understand what it is and now where it originates from.

Maybe time for a rebrand and still think '2015 Club' or an ICT label would be better?

I disagree. Even as a 'Jaggie' I am happy that it celebrates the centenary of one of our two founding clubs  especially as the Jags were founded in the same year.

We are unique in world football in having now almost three hundred year of combined history. Let's continue to mark that fact.

• Agree 4