Covid 19

6 hours ago, Yngwie said:

All other parts of the UK got their schemes up and running. The Scottish Government just made an arse of this. It happens.  If it was in any way the UK governments fault we’d have heard about it, incessantly.

To be fair to the Home Office, perhaps they thought there was no need to share the information with officials in Edinburgh as they probably assumed that Public Health England would deal with it since there is 'no such thing as a border between Scotland and England'.

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 10:55 AM, dougiedanger said:

Thought you said it was a gift from our Tory posh boy benefactors.

Never thought we'd have Tory Unionists supporting the Caley. 🤮

Why wouldn't they? The ugly sisters show us what blind support of a team means when mixed up with politics and religion. 'Tory posh boy' is like saying 'lowlife, thicko nationalists', not accurate, not useful.

5 hours ago, MacOne said:

Why wouldn't they? The ugly sisters show us what blind support of a team means when mixed up with politics and religion. 'Tory posh boy' is like saying 'lowlife, thicko nationalists', not accurate, not useful.

I have made it pretty clear over the years where my political allegiance lies but surely we are a broad enough church to welcome all as fans unless they are racist, mysogynistic, homophobic, islamophobic or antisemitic.

So, while it's unlikely that I will agree with MacOne about much, I agree that such comments are indeed 'not useful'.

On 7/22/2020 at 7:26 AM, MacOne said:

Tory posh boy is an accurate description of the UK prime minister and his acolytes. 

That ICT has supporters sympathetic to such types just shows how much Inverness football culture has changed, and how out of touch it is with the working people of the city, which voted Yes overwhelmingly in 2014.

• Well Said 1

Ha ha. We should welcome all fans, regardless of political views or anything else. To do anything else would put us on a par with thinking amongst fans of the two big Glasgow clubs where football is at times secondary. That is not for me nor, I’m sure, for the vast majority of our fans. 

I see that 7 St Mirren coaches and backroom staff have tested positive for Covid 19. Of course we don't know the details but, on the face of it, there appears to have been some disregard for the rules on social distancing and/it rigorous hand hygiene.

The right to bring back professional football was hard won but there are risks. Football punishes breaches such as playing players who are not properly registered. Surely, on a temporary basis, there is an argument for sanctions such as points deductions or even ultimately excluding  from the league for teams found, after proper investigation, to have flouted the Covid regulations putting not just football but society at large at risk.

It turns out 6 of the 7 results were false positives when checked by the NHS so there was only 1 positive test. An inquiry is taking place as to how so many wrong results were returned by the testing firm, which apparently does the tests for half the Premiership clubs. 

Some controversy also about Rangers playing a match while some test results were awaited. 

Sounds like the testing and results process needs to be tightened up before the season is threatened.   

The testing carried out for the spfl isn't up to the standard of Nhs testing  which is why all the positives were checked again using the Nhs system...and 6 false positives recorded.

Just shows that even the promised land of the top division is cutting corners on testing.

What sort of standard are the bankrupt lower divisions going to enforce?!

• 2 weeks later...

With the lockdown in Aberdeen, you would think it would act as a reminder to everyone that the virus is still a real threat, but I really see complacency in our area.

Social distancing seems out of the window in the aisles of Tesco since face coverings were required but, worse, I’d to collect a prescription at the Culloden Pharmacy and the queue outside had many standing very close to strangers for no reason.

To top it all, someone came out of the Co-op, came to someone in the queue, took off their face covering and handed it to the person in front of me who put it on.

Have they no idea what they are dealing with or no thought or care about those around them?

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1

The rules are not difficult and publicised more widely than anything else in recent times.

Nor are they particularly intrusive or restrictive. It is no hardship to wear a face covering in a shop for twenty minutes, health workers were far more uncomfortable PPE for ten hour shifts and just how difficult is it to stand six feet behind the the person in front of you in a queue?

We all have the right to be cavalier about our own health and wellbeing but these idiots who are selfish or stupid or both, have no right to gamble with the health of society at large.

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, Robert said:

And how many people are wearing face coverings over their mouths only with their noses uncovered!

You need to remember that some people may have perfectly acceptable medical reasons not to wear a face mask. That may extend to wearing a face mask but having to keep the nose uncovered to help with breathing.

22 minutes ago, RiG said:

You need to remember that some people may have perfectly acceptable medical reasons not to wear a face mask. That may extend to wearing a face mask but having to keep the nose uncovered to help with breathing.

Sorry there is absolutely no point in anyone wearing a mask not covering their nose. Absolutely useless. Wearing masks round chin is an infection hazard too. 

Very few people cannot wear a mask at all. I know folk with severe copd that are determined to wear one and managing. Obviously there are some people who are exempt. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Sorry there is absolutely no point in anyone wearing a mask not covering their nose. Absolutely useless. Wearing masks round chin is an infection hazard too. 

Very few people cannot wear a mask at all. I know folk with severe copd that are determined to wear one and managing. Obviously there are some people who are exempt. 

Absolutely agree. There are some people who can't wear them but they are relatively few and absolutely should not be berated for not doing so.

However, a little discomfort or mild asthma should not be an excuse for not following the rules.

3 hours ago, old caley girl said:

Don't disagree with wearing face covering (keep saying mask but it should be covering) and people who can wear one should. I'm just saying that some people, who may be exempt, are still trying to do their bit by wearing one but need some help breathing at times so maybe they bring it down a bit.

I think we just need to be a bit careful when jumping to conclusions about other people and their face coverings.

16 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Not getting into a fight but you should touch your mask as little as possible and again if mask/covering is not over nose its useless. 

Actually worse than useless. You would be better off without.

• Agree 1

I see it over here any time I am out .... Facemasks are mandatory when you go inside any building in Toronto at the moment and everywhere we go (when we do actually go anywhere) we see people with masks hanging under their nose which is worse than useless. They are technically following the rules by wearing a facemask but they might as well not be. Have also seen people not wearing anything inside some shops and for some reason the staff dont pull them up on it, which is a little crazy as there would be huge fines if an enforcement officer happened to walk in and see that. 

I take the principle that I have had 4 surgeries in my life and on each occasion my surgeon wore a mask for several hours to do a delicate job. If he/she can do that, and still breath and perform their tasks to a high level and if nurses, paramedics and other first responders can do that as a matter of their daily routine day in day out for the duration of their career then FFS I can wear a mask when I am in a shop for 10 feckin minutes !  

• Agree 3

• 1 month later...

Margaret Ferrier MP(at least for now) should hang her head in shame.

Just what sense of entitled privilege possessed her to break the clear and unambiguous rules thus putting others at risk and undermining the vital public health message ?

Her actions were as bad as those of Dominic Cummings. The saving grace is that, in stark contrast to the attempt firstly to cover up Cummings's actions and them try to explain them away with some fairy tale explanation, her actions have been condemned by all in her own party, not least the First Minister, and the quickest and most punitive action taken.

Were you watching Boris ? True leadership of which you are utterly incapable.

• Agree 2

Without being political, the MPs actions are the worst by an elected representative or one of their advisors during the pandemic. She must resign and speak out publicly accepting how wrong she has been. Her actions risked the lives of many, and goodness knows how many more will be at risk due to people ignoring the rules due to the actions of supposed leaders like her. 

We are in a battle against the pandemic. Sheer stupidity like she has shown makes our chances of beating it poorer. 

Her party is right to decry her, but she should have known better and not got in this position. 

• Agree 4

Some folk in political circles seem to think they are immune to this virus (and to a certain extent, the law). How do they expect this country to tow the line when they aren't. It adds fuel to the 'if it's ok for them, it's ok for me' brigade. A dangerous game indeed.