One of our greatest days.....

Robert

It seems a lifetime ago, but tonight 5 years ago was the eve of our most prominent trophy win. 

I was in a Premier Inn in Glasgow with my wife, her sister and her sister’s husband. The ladies were not looking forward to their first ever football match. 

I have a clearer memory of the Friday night than the Saturday night I must admit. 

The ladies really enjoyed their day at Hampden, even if we had to explain everything to them. They missed Carl’s sending off and wondered why Falkirk had more players......

We were near the front so in the sun all game, much like tomorrow’s weather is meant to be. 

After the game, Wetherspoons set us up for a meal in a great Greek restaurant in George Square, before another Wetherspoons and a late night in the Premier Inn with some other ICT fans. 

Great memories!!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 2

I’m still angry with Watkins for wasting a glorious chance to win the cup with a lame effort that wasn’t even on target, when he should have played Vincent in. Things might have turned out so different.....

• Funny 3

Had a 'posh seat' in the South Stand with my joy at the final whistle and for the pitch celebrations afterwards slightly tempered by really wishing that we had saved a few quid and were with the main body of ICT fans.

Got a great and impressive view of the pre match display though !

My only regret about the weekend was needing to stay in Glasgow until well into the afternoon to be safe to drive, so missed the parade and the party at the Northern Meeting Park. 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Was looking back at the game and what a midfield we had. Tansey, Draper, Watkins, Doran and Christie. Player for player can't be beat it, can it? I dont think so 

Could've given the Hammers a hammering had we kept that midfield...

• Agree 1