Back to the stripes this season

CaleyTennis

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

Kit update. Turns out the pre-order issue is on the Royal Mail side, not Caleys. On a brighter side, apparently it's the quickest a home kit has ever sold and another restock isn't expected for another 3 weeks.

https://ictfc.com/home-shirt-update

Credit to the club for the honest update and great news about the level of sales. 

With Royal Mail and Canada Post combined, I am hopeful the tops for me and my boy will arrive by Christmas :lol: ... I've had stuff reach here in 3 days before but normally its maybe 2 weeks. 

Shirt just arrived this morning. First question I wondered was "who the hell was the sizing model"? I go 1 size up cos because for some reason European sizes are vastly different to UK, and I like to wear a fleece under it, but this is massive, could probably wear a puffy jacket underneath it and still have free space. 😂

Either way, very nice kit 

3 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Shirt just arrived this morning. First question I wondered was "who the hell was the sizing model"? I go 1 size up cos because for some reason European sizes are vastly different to UK, and I like to wear a fleece under it, but this is massive, could probably wear a puffy jacket underneath it and still have free space. 😂

Get another one and keep that for your winter top 👍

Harrogate ones put me in mind of Columbus Crew in MLS. Geographically one of TFC's closest rivals. Very difficult to make any black/yellow kit look good. 

41 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Harrogate ones put me in mind of Columbus Crew in MLS. Geographically one of TFC's closest rivals. Very difficult to make any black/yellow kit look good. 

Not really the colour combo, more that the sponsor logo they've chosen ends up putting a huge red square slap bang in the middle.

10 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

You will be like the 'michelin man' with your top on over your puffy jacket so we will easy spot you when we get back to the stadium :lol:

If you're planning on buying kids strips make sure you size up.  I bought age 5-6 for my 3.5 year old and it'll barely last him the season. There's not quite as much growing room as I'd hoped (although admittedly he is tall for his age).

Well that certainly bucks the trend, getting clothing and school kit for my kids was a challenge as the 'average' 11 year old had a waist size that my 15 year old only now struggles to get into. It was always a massive operation to find the right leg length with normal waist sizes.

...and they say there's no obesity crisis in this country, ha! We're just a step or two behind our American cousins. 

Mine was received a few minutes ago in Canada. I echo many of the sentiments already expressed. 

I bought size 11-12yrs for my boy and the top he received fits perfectly, maybe a little growing room for him .... Only issue with that is that he is 7 years old, athletic build unlike his dad, and fairly typical in height/weight for his age so definitely order up a few sizes

On the other hand, for me, I did what I normally had to do with Errea for adult kit and went with the biggest size. I have slimmed down a bit over the last couple of years but the adult top does seem made larger than Errea and I actually no longer feel like I am wearing a cycling shirt when I put this on. Very generous sizing. you might need to drop down a size (or two) from the Errea sizing. 

• Plus points: Love the design, Delivery time (once posted) was excellent. Feels very comfortable. Going to get more wear out of this one than most others. 
  • Negative points: Its definitely 'replica' as opposed to 'authentic' as there are no league badges on it. The ICT badge is very poor - too much border and white space, should be embroidered or made to better quality. 

Sounds like everyone who has recived it has said that the away shirt is really nice

The away shirt is also Palace's goalie option, so I have a good reason to buy that as well!

Waiting with baited breath for my home shirt my family have bought me for my birthday

Picked up the away kit yesterday for my eldest daughter. She loves it. Sizing is pretty small though. She's 9, slim and fairly average height for her age. 11-12 was a better fit than 9-10. Particularly if you want it to last more than a few months. 

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...