Back to the stripes this season

CaleyTennis

31 minutes ago, Scotty said:

This is the full press release. Not sure if TM4TJ wants to add any of it into the article ..... It does explain who ILI are in more detail.  Also got to say I do love that kit also. great job. 

I had already added a link to the full article at the top of the page.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if this will be the usual exclusively sold at the stadium, or if it'll be sold at JD Sports and/or Sports Direct. Think it'd be a good move to try and get it sold elsewhere rather than just the complete other side of town that nobody visits aside from Match day.

10 minutes ago, DoofersDad said:

Looks good.  The club is going to need to get as much money as it can from its merchandising and this kit should be be a great help in achieving that.  I'm not someone who usually buys the tops but I'll certainly get one of these.

Agreed. I have not worn a football top for about thirty years but will be purchasing this one to try to support the club through this difficult time albeit in a very modest way.

33 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Wonder if this will be the usual exclusively sold at the stadium, or if it'll be sold at JD Sports and/or Sports Direct. Think it'd be a good move to try and get it sold elsewhere rather than just the complete other side of town that nobody visits aside from Match day.

Online with worldwide shipping please 🙂  Get it into the local shops too if possible. Rather than just sports shops, perhaps - if the tourism does pick up post-Corona - we could think a little bit laterally and target some of the touristy places. For example, I always go to the Woolen Mill out at Holm Mills on our trips and I see plenty of golf shirts from various vendors alongside all their own stuff. A rack of tops from the local football team might sell. I know its economies of scale but I saw this in Paris with PSG shirts everywhere and the same for local teams in other places we have visited ....  

1 hour ago, Jack Waddington said:

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Online with worldwide shipping please 🙂  Get it into the local shops too if possible. Rather than just sports shops, perhaps - if the tourism does pick up post-Corona - we could think a little bit laterally and target some of the touristy places. For example, I always go to the Woolen Mill out at Holm Mills on our trips and I see plenty of golf shirts from various vendors alongside all their own stuff. A rack of tops from the local football team might sell. I know its economies of scale but I saw this in Paris with PSG shirts everywhere and the same for local teams in other places we have visited ....  

There was a something in the statement on 10th of May, about a 'new technical partner and this will have a huge impact on our retail offering both in-store at Caley Stadium and online'. This will be alluding to the Puma deal and to me indicates the kit to be available from the Puma website, as with the other clubs they supply, as well as there being a stock at the stadium. There might even be other training gear available.

6 hours ago, Rasczak said:

is it me, most probably, or do the faded hexagons give an impression of body definition? Useful for the, shall we, say larger members of the support such as myself. Add me to the likes.

Just hope it doesnae highlight the body definition in the wrong places! Big yes from me, that's the best we've had in a long time - Stripes R Us!

4 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

Agreed. I have not worn a football top for about thirty years but will be purchasing this one to try to support the club through this difficult time albeit in a very modest way.

Please buy some shorts as well, to ensure that your modesty is complete :lol: 

Not too sure about the hexagons (-) and the sponsors name is not so much ' in your face' so to speak (+) but, yes, I quite like it if I'm honest. 

37 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Not too sure about the hexagons (-) and the sponsors name is not so much ' in your face' so to speak (+) but, yes, I quite like it if I'm honest. 

Always best to be honest. Just ask Dominic Cummings and Boris Johnston!

8 hours ago, ferben1994 said:

am sure Eagle4Caley will love this, it's an outstanding top, 1 of our best in 25 years

I bloody well do!      Rather hoping to get one of these so I can wear it at Selhurst Park! (when we can actually go to football)

It was seeing that Caley wore Red n Blue stripes that was the icing on the cake that I had chosen ICT as my Scottish team

I think with this return to basics (red and blue stripes style), the associated puma merchandising brand and everything else that is going on at present this could be the club’s best selling top. Looking forward to see what else Puma have in store for our associated merchandise as was always impressed with what was on offer in the Crystal Palace Club Shops. The red sports fabric polos they produced were excellent quality and it would be nice to have one on those with an ICT eagle on it this time ❤️💙 😂

I guess the CP shop might be a good indicator of what is possible ... we may not get full range, but some decent looking stuff in there : https://shop.cpfc.co.uk/

I do have to say that for all their faults, the Errea leisurewear range was pretty good, and I especially liked the Polo tops. They were well made and really durable.

1 hour ago, Scotty said:

I guess the CP shop might be a good indicator of what is possible ... we may not get full range, but some decent looking stuff in there : https://shop.cpfc.co.uk/

Just seeing the tech stuff and retro souvenirs, makes me wonder why we don't consider branching off into that market. Only place I know where you can get Football Kit phone cases is Nostalgia Case (https://nostalgiacases.co.uk/pages/search-results-page?q=Inverness+Caledonian+Thistle), but I'd presume you'd get a few questions along the lines of "Why does that guy have Scotrail on his phone case".

It's quite a profitable market, as many people like retro kits, club branded tech stuff would appeal to the teen fans (like myself), branded toys and games will appeal to families and young kids, and having retro kit design phone cases/coasters/mugs will appeal to anyone who wants their favourite kit on whatever they have. Having personalisation options makes it more attractive to people who want them, like for looking for a Mothers/Fathers Day present or a birthday/Christmas present. Also seeing on the site that there's homewear and garden stuff too, which we also don't have.

We really need to up the game on merchandising and see what the general demand is and meet it.

2 hours ago, Scotty said:

I do have to say that for all their faults, the Errea leisurewear range was pretty good, and I especially liked the Polo tops. They were well made and really durable.

I got a navy polo top back in 2002 or 2003 - I'm still wearing that one and have to praise the stretch quality the past few years have demanded.

On 6/6/2020 at 2:28 PM, CaleyCanary said:

I got a navy polo top back in 2002 or 2003 - I'm still wearing that one and have to praise the stretch quality the past few years have demanded.

I got 4 around the same time. One black one is still going strong. The rest, one black, two grey, only gave up the ghost last year. 

On 6/5/2020 at 10:19 PM, Eagle4Caley said:

I bloody well do!      Rather hoping to get one of these so I can wear it at Selhurst Park! (when we can actually go to football)

It was seeing that Caley wore Red n Blue stripes that was the icing on the cake that I had chosen ICT as my Scottish team

You'll have to wear your Palace top at the TCS Mike 😂

Thumbs up on the new top. Puma are a solid brand going back to at least the seventies when they made a solid wide fitting football boot in trendy black before the word metatarsal was in the footballing vocabulary. Don't recall shirt offerings back then though the market was dominated by Admiral & Umbro & the odd bukta top turning up at the Hilton Church jumble sale. 

No word of the kit on the Puma Online Store or retweets on their Twitter since the deal was announced. At this stage it seems like they're as useless with the kit as JD Sports were...for a big brand manufacturing deal, you would think it would come with at least some exposure...

• tm4tj unpinned this topic