Back to the stripes this season

CaleyTennis

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come the the Highlands, where supporters are tough, battle hardened and handle sub zero temperatures in a wind swept stadium. Where their club has an away strip that's pink!!!! 

PS - Maybe we aren't seeing down below as it's  a kilt and not shorts 🤔 

21 minutes ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Come the the Highlands, where supporters are tough, battle hardened and handle sub zero temperatures in a wind swept stadium. Where their club has an away strip that's pink!!!! 

PS - Maybe we aren't seeing down below as it's  a kilt and not shorts 🤔 

Read the article and you can see the full strip.

There is also a competition to win Sean Welsh's boots right at the bottom of the story.

4 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I think the away kit is pretty fab to be honest...Could seem me buying that. Be interesting what Shorts/Sock combo they go for, black shorts and white socks could work?

The full kit is in the article.

ICTFCAWAYRESIZED-1024x1020.png

1 hour ago, MuirtownJaggy said:

Looks more like a goal keepers top to me. I don’t mind pink as a colour, but is it too pink.......... ?

The pink Scotland top was pretty popular though wasn't it?

Nice to see the donations to the Highland Hospice for every away top sold. The club is definitely trying to improve its image in the community and hopefully the local media pick up on it and it encourages more support. 

Sorry but it seems to be a 50 50 love hate split on the horrendous away strip. They should have gone with black and red stripes sold more and made a bigger donation to the hospice. The colour will put many off buying it and as such a smaller donation being made. 

41 minutes ago, Stirling Observer said:

Yup. It's a no from me. You get puma, produce a banging home strip then produce some very bright pink nonsense with no link to the club. Hospice would probably have benefited if the colours were at least somewhat related to the club. 25 years and we go pink. Why?

Very much agreed, when has pink ever been linked to us? Black or white away kits have always been our go to colours, but pink? Could've tried something fancy with a purple-ish look, combo of our traditional red and blue, somewhat like Real Madrid's away kit in 2016-17, maybe a touch darker. But keeping the pink, a design similar to Man City's 2018-19 Away Kit would've looked an absolute beaut, whether it was black lines on pink or pink lines on black. But it doesn't look like the best of our away kits, sure it stands out from the crowd, but that's just cos it's fully neon pink...

We've had some real naff away kits over the years using the clubs historic colours  - and they've sold pretty well.

It's a refreshing change with the kicker of a good cause benefiting from the sales.

Linking to the cancer charity explains the colour - so many similar events have pink themes for this reason, I can't understand the confusion.

Is there an anti pink lobby,  or would brown be preferable? 

😭

6 hours ago, Satan said:

Is there an anti pink lobby,  or would brown be preferable? 

😭

Not anti pink here, I just don't think it looks right on a (male) football shirt. The colour has always be associated with the feminine side of life - no idea why but it always has. Seeing this in a male sporting environment  just doesn't sit 'right'. However, full credit for the charity deal, goodness knows they need it right now. Many will like it and many won't, you can't please everyone. But.....it's a no from me.

31 minutes ago, Gringo said:

Not anti pink here, I just don't think it looks right on a (male) football shirt. The colour has always be associated with the feminine side of life - no idea why but it always has. Seeing this in a male sporting environment  just doesn't sit 'right'. However, full credit for the charity deal, goodness knows they need it right now. Many will like it and many won't, you can't please everyone. But.....it's a no from me.

Middlesex Cricket Club have for years used a 'Pink' kit for T20 and I've seen quite a few 'pink' variations in football. Although 'pink' is a traditionally feminine choice, we tend to see it more and more in male fashion (and I don't just mean 'Gay'), certainly it's very much in vogue in City of London, amongst those financial types. It was so in vogue a few years ago, that I remember dining out with my wife in restaurant and every male in the restaurant had a 'pink' T-shirt/Shirt on, one guy even had 'pink' shorts on...although I think that's going a bit far!  The colour pink has so many shades that it's possible to have quite a 'strong' pink, rather than a pastel type and I think this shirt works well. But it is outside ICT's normal range so I can understand that not everyone will be tickled 'pink' with it, given as both a Palace and ICT supporter, the amount of discussion that can be  generated by different versions of Red/Blue stripes!

• tm4tj unpinned this topic