ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

Hopefully Robbos looking at a striker with the money freed up from Carl and the others who left class line from White the day I think I can score in the Spl stay of the crack pipe son you'd struggle to score in a brothel! The pars have made a few good signings so far might be half decent nxt season 

• Disagree 1

I wish Carl well but not his club.

Very surprised he got a move to the SPL but I suppose county have the luxury of paying players a good wage (probably similar to his wages with us) when they aren’t key players. In my opinion Carl was our fourth best defender last year and won’t be a great loss on the field. However, I think he will be a massive loss off it.

Edited by jamie ictfc
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, MorayJaggie said:

I wish him all the best. Shouldn't have been let go. Solid in defence. Good leader. Shot ourselves in the foot.

Entirely agree. It would have been one thing if we offered him a new contract on reduced terms and he refused but I remain bemused that, by all accounts, we didn't even consider him worth making the offer.

• Agree 2

37 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Entirely agree. It would have been one thing if we offered him a new contract on reduced terms and he refused but I remain bemused that, by all accounts, we didn't even consider him worth making the offer.

Absolutely agree with this. Tremarco has been a loyal servant of the club and a great captain of our club.  Over to you Robbo and prove us wrong, now that County believe there is life in him yet. Very sorry to see him leave us!

• Agree 1

I’m with the majority here. Really sorry we let Carl go, but as we did, good for him in getting a decent move and, whilst I’m no supporter of County, I wish him well. 

Is that seven players who we used to have who are now there, or have any left following the end of last season?

Donaldson, Tremarco, Cowie, Draper, Chalmers, Vigurs, Mckay.

Sadly it does highlight our players e on the Highland pecking order at this time  

• Agree 2

I wish Tremarco well and I'm sure he will do well. Bottom line is we couldn't afford to keep him and we couldn't 'make' a job for him either to reward loyalty and have him develop his coaching knowledge.  That's the financial reality. 

Let's look forward as to who is and will be here next season.

Doran for Captain. Ridgers as Vice Captain. Agree? 

Guess I'm in the minority here. I'm pleased for Carl personally. But still think the club made the right decision.

Fans always state they want more local youngsters being given a chance. Well this is a sign of the club doing just that. Obviously there is monetary considerations aswell. People say he would have signed for less money? Maybe but I think in our position we don't have the budget for 2 players for every position. It will be 1 per position then probably 5/6 players who can cover a few positions then the young lads. Then you make a choice. Keep a club legend at 35? Or free a young highly rated local lad?

Cameron Harper looks perfectly capable of competing at this level and could have great potential. It could go terribly wrong for him/us but we need to give him the opportunity and platform to play.

The money freed up from Carl's wages may be spent on a gem or a dud but that's football. You have to take risks and be objective rather than overly sentimental.

I'm sorry to see Carl go and thank him for his contribution to the club but now my focus and energy is on Cameron and his future with the club.

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Doran for Captain. Ridgers as Vice Captain. Agree? 

I’m not sure Doran is a leader on the park. We need someone vocal who can gee up the players and someone in a central defensive or midfield role is a better option in my opinion. I’d go with Welsh with Doran remaining as vice captain. 

Edited by Robert

3 hours ago, Stirling Observer said:

Guess I'm in the minority here. I'm pleased for Carl personally. But still think the club made the right decision.

Fans always state they want more local youngsters being given a chance. Well this is a sign of the club doing just that. Obviously there is monetary considerations aswell. People say he would have signed for less money? Maybe but I think in our position we don't have the budget for 2 players for every position. It will be 1 per position then probably 5/6 players who can cover a few positions then the young lads. Then you make a choice. Keep a club legend at 35? Or free a young highly rated local lad?

Cameron Harper looks perfectly capable of competing at this level and could have great potential. It could go terribly wrong for him/us but we need to give him the opportunity and platform to play.

The money freed up from Carl's wages may be spent on a gem or a dud but that's football. You have to take risks and be objective rather than overly sentimental.

I'm sorry to see Carl go and thank him for his contribution to the club but now my focus and energy is on Cameron and his future with the club.

I have no problem with Carl going to Ross County, given that we didn't offer him a contract, and his family are settled in Inverness. In fact it would be pretty bizzare for him to turn down a move to a higher division, on more money (surely?), that also keeps his family happy. Be nice to see him back here at some stage in a backroom role.

9 minutes ago, Robert said:

I’m not sure Doran is a leader on the park. We need someone vocal who can gee up the players and someone in a central defensive or midfield role is a better option in my opinion. I’d go with Welsh with Doran remaining as vice captain. 

I am a big fan of Welsh but, with his dreadful injury record, that choice would probably make Doran de facto captain. 

19 minutes ago, Robert said:

Not quite sure tbf. I would say Doran for captain due to his time spent with the club, but, correct me if I'm wrong, Ridgers played every single game last season.

52 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I am not convinced that, good as consistent as Ridgers is, that goalkeeper is ever the best position for onfield captain.

If Doran is up for it  I would be inclined to hand him the armband.

I would be disappointed if a modern football team still relied on one individual to be the team leader on the pitch. I would be expecting several experienced individuals to take leadership roles as and when required.

Outside the UK it's very common for the captain to either be the star player or the longest serving player at the club, because it's more of a ceremonial role. Doran fits the latter and I'd happily give him the armband on the assumption that plenty of his teammates would also provide leadership on the pitch.

42 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

Some great ideas there Welsh and Doran as captains lucky to get half a season between them Santa was seen more than Welsh last season! 

But remember, the role of captain is as important off the pitch as it is on it. He is spokesman for the players and needs to have the trust and respect of both players and the back room team. 

On 7/17/2020 at 6:17 PM, Robert said:

But remember, the role of captain is as important off the pitch as it is on it. He is spokesman for the players and needs to have the trust and respect of both players and the back room team. 

For sure there's of field roles but the most important by far is been on the pitch when it matters Welsh has been crocked all season lucky if he played half a dozen games we lack leaders on the park tough choice should go to the Wall but bit pointless giving the armband to a goalie

29 minutes ago, Alan Simpson said:

For sure there's of field roles but the most important by far is been on the pitch when it matters Welsh has been crocked all season lucky if he played half a dozen games we lack leaders on the park tough choice should go to the Wall but bit pointless giving the armband to a goalie

So you think it’s pointless for Leicester to have Kasper Schmeichel as captain?  

On 7/16/2020 at 11:21 AM, MorayJaggie said:

Still good enough for premier league why didn't we keep him?  

3 hours ago, lizi said:

Technically I think Wes Morgan is still Leicester's official captain. However I am a bit old school and I am not a fan of goalkeepers being captains. A fundamental role of the keeper is to keep the defence in front of them organised, a task in itself. A captain I think should be a centre half / midfielder who can exert influence and organisation all over the pitch. 

• Agree 1

On 7/18/2020 at 6:58 PM, lizi said:

Schmeichel not there captain in a lot of the English and European clubs it just a symbol given to long termers but said long termer usually should at least be on the pitch no many clubs would appoint a captain who played 6 games the season before 

On 7/18/2020 at 10:19 PM, Caledonianfc1885 said:

Somebody on here  recently told me Tremarco was off to Elgin !!! 

Sure it was the same punter who absolutely slated Elgin in another post saying they had no ambition nxt he's wishing them all the best for nzt season class

• Funny 1

• 3 weeks later...

Me yesterday:

"It's fine that we're not signing anyone because there's still two months left in the transfer window, there's going to be lots of players available at cheaper rates come October so we'll be in a strong position".

Me today after hearing Tom Walsh has signed for Ayr United:

"IT'S THE END OF THE F*****G WORLD!!!"

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic