ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

10 hours ago, Yngwie said:

If we need a right back, my Saints supporting mate is offering to drive Shaun Rooney up the A9 for us.

I never really thought that Rooney was a very good defensive right back...excellent going forward, but just never seemed to be able to get back quickly. TBF there are lots of full backs about for whom defending seems a lost art....which explains why Aaron Wan-Bissaka was so highly rated at Palace (no one ever got past him) and went to Man U for big money, after a season and 8games. Often think that a really solid full back who can pass forward with accuracy is better than a marauding type.

• Agree 1

It was a very poor game last night. I had the misfortune to watch it and would fancy us against either team if we got them in that form! Rooney only got the last few minutes and may not get much game time as they were playing a back three. McCart was poor too, particularly his distribution. 

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, Robert said:

It was a very poor game last night. I had the misfortune to watch it and would fancy us against either team if we got them in that form! Rooney only got the last few minutes and may not get much game time as they were playing a back three. McCart was poor too, particularly his distribution. 

TBH, I've not been watching anything, but I did get tempted to watch MotD the first week it was back. The standard was markedly poorer all round, what with the long layoff plus the lack of fans. So I don't imagine we'd be any better ☹️ But Rooney in a back three 🤮

My browser even autocorrected it to cack three 😂

• Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Someone on here (Alan?) will be upset but the majority will be happy. Anthony Stokes has signed for Livingston, removing the prospect someone was calling for of him joining us. 

Aye pal I'd far rather Toddy and Sutherland up front get real pal Stokes is far better than any player wev got different level why would the majority not want a proven goalscorer ike Stokes?? That's the craic nowadays eh buzzing with somebody like Shane Sutherland but would hate to have an international striker who we could've easily got his stock was low ffs no wonder wer in the depths of the championship 

• Disagree 1

Stokes had several chances to make it as a good professional, but his attitude and application has let him down so many times - it's no surprise that he is one of the journeymen of the game with so many clubs in his career already.

He has/had the talent , but is always a big risk as to what you will actually get out of him.

19 hours ago, Satan said:

Stokes had several chances to make it as a good professional, but his attitude and application has let him down so many times - it's no surprise that he is one of the journeymen of the game with so many clubs in his career already.

He has/had the talent , but is always a big risk as to what you will actually get out of him.

He's defo a loose cannon for sure but the man's got goals in him and tbf he's still had a career most players in Scotland can only dream about he's been at Arsenal Celtic Hibs Sunderland if we could've afforded him should've took a punt if nothing else would've created a bit of a buzz about the club for a change! I think hel do well at Livi

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Ryan Fyffe and Harry Nicolson, both released when their contracts expired in June, have signed new deals with the club. 

Great news, hopefully one is a RB as that would be better business than signing an older RB :ictscarf:

Anyone got any info on them :P. 

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic