ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

On 1/5/2021 at 7:27 PM, Yngwie said:

Covid hits us in yet another way. The ban on travelling outwith local authority area for the lad to make trips home to his parents house seems to have been a decisive factor here.

Wouldn't the same restrictions be in place for travel between Kirkcaldy and Glasgow as between Inverness and Glasgow? Definitely a shame given his impact. If the main driver behind this decision is family then you can't argue with that and should wish him all the best for his continued development.  

He will be able staying at home and travel to Kirkcaldy, which would be deemed an essential work journey. I think he will only be allowed to train with Raith as otherwise he would be in two professional sport bubbles.

Up here he was staying on his own according to the link below and would have not been legally allowed to travel back to his family.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/18989870.amp/

Edited by Robert

• 2 weeks later...

With all the uncertainty over finances and whether the season will be completed, I’d be amazed if we bring anyone in during this window.

Wealdstone are 15th in the National League but only 2 points off a play off place. He may come up against Gary Warren if they have still to play Torquay this season. 

Edited by Robert

55 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Billy McKay and Miles Storey up top would've been an utter dream when they were both in their prime...now, it just seems pointless

Tbh, the championship  is more like Billys level, although his wages are definitely premiership.

• Confused 1

On 1/18/2021 at 9:42 AM, RiG said:

Twitter rumours linking us with Billy Mckay again (snore) if County land Jordan White from Motherwell.

Cliff Richard scores more often than Jordan White. Zero goals, zero assists this season. C###ty better get in there before Real Madrid snap him up!! 😱

• 2 weeks later...

I see a promising player like Allardice committing the next 30 months to us as very positive.

We have no money to bring players in and avoiding the risk of losing him for nothing in the summer is good, and if he attracts interest we will get some cash.

We have a decent squad and just need to make it gel with the mix of youth and experience. This season may be a disappointment but hopefully there is hope for next season. 

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

If we have raised 100k through virtual ticket sales that I would guess pays at least 3 (maybe 4) players salaries. Will it give us a budget to sign another loanee until the end of the season? I think we’re a touch short in defence with so many injuries. Coll would be the most obvious signing. Not the strongest defensively but would certainly aid us. If lower leagues called before end of feb, are there any loanees we could get to bulk up the squad?? Tbh, survival this year now the aim, foundations for a title tilt next season hopefully.

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic