ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

26 minutes ago, iwannabeadored said:

If we have raised 100k through virtual ticket sales that I would guess pays at least 3 (maybe 4) players salaries. Will it give us a budget to sign another loanee until the end of the season? I think we’re a touch short in defence with so many injuries. Coll would be the most obvious signing. Not the strongest defensively but would certainly aid us. If lower leagues called before end of feb, are there any loanees we could get to bulk up the squad?? Tbh, survival this year now the aim, foundations for a title tilt next season hopefully.

Suspect money will be used to keep the lights on? 

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

Can’t say I’m surprised as he has had issues in the past and the pandemic will have been tough on him, so returning closer to home is understandable. He will probably earn more too.

Hopefully we see the best of him for the rest of the season.

Is there an up to date list anywhere of who is out of contract when?

• Agree 1

As a said on Dundee matchday thread, major rebuild needed, we are in serious need of quality centre backs, creative midfielders/wingers (not a priority though) and a prolific goalscorer.

Surely we can find some gems in the Scottish or English lower leagues/non league!

1 hour ago, CaleyTennis said:

As a said on Dundee matchday thread, major rebuild needed, we are in serious need of quality centre backs, creative midfielders/wingers (not a priority though) and a prolific goalscorer.

Surely we can find some gems in the Scottish or English lower leagues/non league!

Aye, that will be simple given we have dropped to a mid championship level club, located in the Highlands, with no money. 

That's how it is I'm afraid. 

Edited by aaroncoganshogun

Keatings was a signing that I was quite impressed by when he first arrived, a guy who in the past had issues but was talented and I really hoped he would have something to prove and become a bit of a coup. Unfortunately while being consistent, he's not really set the world on fire and a departure that frees up funds.

I suspect there will be more away either on PCA or not renewed - its interesting that some fans still think there are pots of cash to lure players, it'll be a real awakening over the summer when us (and other clubs) trim right back and I expect the 21/22 starting team will have a lot more youngsters.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Yngwie said:

I’m just contemplating the scenario where the Irn Bru cup final against Raith takes place after he has joined them. Can we appeal against him being cleared of diving? 😀

Hopefully he’ll be cup-tied anyway although I wonder if there’s any precedent for this if it’s played after next season starts.

I see Raith have confirmed the PCA. Of course the question now is do we play Keatings against Raith Rovers in the upcoming double header?

Edited by RiG

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I see Raith have confirmed the PCA. Of course the question now is do we play Keatings against Raith Rovers in the upcoming double header?

I would say no. But we might not have the choice. 

19 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Keatings was a signing that I was quite impressed by when he first arrived, a guy who in the past had issues but was talented and I really hoped he would have something to prove and become a bit of a coup. Unfortunately while being consistent, he's not really set the world on fire and a departure that frees up funds.

I suspect there will be more away either on PCA or not renewed - its interesting that some fans still think there are pots of cash to lure players, it'll be a real awakening over the summer when us (and other clubs) trim right back and I expect the 21/22 starting team will have a lot more youngsters.

I would actually be happy with that bit that I have put in bold from your comment :ictscarf:

A bit of experience alongside these youngsters and we are laughing :). 

I'd rather a team with a mixture of experience (preferably ones that we have that stay loyal to us for next season) and youngsters than one full of injury prone players that are not worth keeping on the wage bill, unless they fully recover from the long term injuries. 

Imho, we must get promoted in the next couple of seasons so we have to target the right type of players in the summer. 

Yes of course he should play against RR he is still on contract to ICT. Why give RR any further advantage by not playing him? As for the cup final, that's an interesting question, should the tie (ever) be played next season. In my view it's still the 2019/20 competition so he should play for us or not at all :twothumbsup:

4 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

A bit of experience alongside these youngsters and we are laughing :). 

Imho, we must get promoted in the next couple of seasons so we have to target the right type of players in the summer. 

Seeing some comments on here I doubt many will be laughing - most will be bitching about the lack of competitiveness at the top end. It may well be everyone else weakens as well so the status quo remains but looking from the ICT perspective, to trim the wage bill and balance the books going forwards to be sustainable will need tough decisions I feel and that includes fans accepting the club may just be middle championship for a period flirting with play-offs (potentially at both ends). There needs a longer term strategy and efforts that any youngsters are on decent length deals so we don't loose quality prospects for next to nothing.

• Agree 2

On 3/4/2021 at 10:21 PM, bdu98196 said:

Yes, let's give the guy the benefit that hes a professional and will do his best for our club out of having integrity. Afterall we had no problem playing other players in the past even when signing PCA such as Shinnie.

Shinnie grew up with us and was loyal and an ICT legend. 

IMO he cannot be compared to a guy who came here for a couple of years and has been inconsistent and now wants something else.

Edited by aaroncoganshogun
Typo

The very big problem we have had since forever, is how we have mis managed our saleable assets. Appreciate finances have been tight to offer long term contracts but FFS we lose every single player for nothing. Not talking megabuck transfer fees here, 50k or 75k for the likes of Shaun Rooney or McCart, Donaldson would bring much needed cash in.

That is the reason this club is constantly strapped as other than fans through the gate, income is next to zero

Need to do much better and look at comparative clubs like Livi ,Hamilton etc who play the contract game so much better than us.

8 minutes ago, forresjags said:

The very big problem we have had since forever, is how we have mis managed our saleable assets. Appreciate finances have been tight to offer long term contracts but FFS we lose every single player for nothing. Not talking megabuck transfer fees here, 50k or 75k for the likes of Shaun Rooney or McCart, Donaldson would bring much needed cash in.

That is the reason this club is constantly strapped as other than fans through the gate, income is next to zero

Need to do much better and look at comparative clubs like Livi ,Hamilton etc who play the contract game so much better than us.

We got cash for Oakley, Donaldson and McCart. Not much granted, but probably compatible with what they were worth.

21 minutes ago, forresjags said:

The problem is that to get money for Keatings, Raith would have needed to buy him in the transfer window.

They didn’t make an offer, and he is within his rights to sign a PCA as he is a free agent in the summer.

I have no idea whether he got an offer of a new contract or extension from us and it is very possible he wanted to return to the central belt.

I doubt there is anything the club could have done, but equally I am sure he will be professional during the remainder of his time with us and try to make as much of an impact as he can.

1 hour ago, forresjags said:

Not sure we got anywhere near the true worth for Donaldson and McCart.

Not when you consider RC got a 'significant' undis closed sum for their fullback to Coventry. 

When you consider they were almost out of contract we did well to get anything at all.

County sold a teenager (under contract) who has come through their academy and then played a handful of premier games - to a team who make a lot of money from tv deals. 

Can't really compare them can we.

• Agree 2

Simply can't afford decent contracts beyond 2 years. 

Players now leaving us for Ayr & Raith rather than re-sign.

Says a lot about the feeling around the club. I expect this trend to continue in the short term.

• Agree 1

Oh FFS this has been going on for years it's not a recent problem. No one can realistically argue that we have been successful in the transfer market.

If this was any other business we would have folded years ago, losing your best assets to your rivals for below their worth is suicide. 

We need to generate an income, other than season tickets sales and stop continually whining about  our financial woes.

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic