ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

36 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Had he been fit I’m sure he’d have been a first choice defender. But he was never fit, sadly for everyone.

I am sure you are right. All parties will be disappointed that it didn't work out.

A player with considerable ability and even more potential who seems destined to have a career blighted by recurrent injuries.

I wish him well for the future.

5 hours ago, Robert said:

Not a great surprise given the issues he has had with injuries in all his time here. When he did play last season he looked a decent defender, so hopefully he finds a club somewhere.

However, it is another example of the challenges some players are facing being away from their families during the pandemic.

Looking forward, given our current managerial position, I wonder who will be scouting for replacements for those we will inevitably lose in the summer.

Does anyone have a list of known contract expiry dates?

Think Toshney would be a good defender but unfortunately his injury record is pretty bad. I wonder if Nicholson & Fyffe’s performance on Tuesday had any bearing?

6 hours ago, Robert said:

Not a great surprise given the issues he has had with injuries in all his time here. When he did play last season he looked a decent defender, so hopefully he finds a club somewhere.

However, it is another example of the challenges some players are facing being away from their families during the pandemic.

Looking forward, given our current managerial position, I wonder who will be scouting for replacements for those we will inevitably lose in the summer.

All players out of contract except: Ridgers, Duffy, Deas, Allardice, D MacKay, Macgregor I believe.

15 hours ago, Robert said:

No idea about dates but the following I believe are out of contract at the end of this season:

James Keatings (PCA with Raith Rovers agreed)
Sean Welsh
James Vincent
Shane Sutherland
Aaron Doran
Lewis Toshney
Kevin McHattie
Brad Mckay
Miles Storey
David Carson
Nikolay Todorov
Anthony MacDonald
Cammy Mackay

9 hours ago, iwannabeadored said:

Think Toshney would be a good defender but unfortunately his injury record is pretty bad. I wonder if Nicholson & Fyffe’s performance on Tuesday had any bearing?

If they did then I would be trying attach metal parts to Toshney to make him fit again ASAP. Can't say either impressed me all that much on Tuesday but that's just one game.

Contract expiry dates (I believe):

End of 2020/21 season: Cammy Mackay, Ryan Fyffe, Kevin McHattie, Brad McKay, Harry Nicolson, David Carson, Aaron Doran, Lewis Hyde, Anthony McDonald, James Vincent, James Keatings (already signed a PCA with Raith), Miles Storey, Shane Sutherland, Nikolay Todorov

End of 2021/22 season: Mark Ridgers, Daniel Devine, Wallace Duffy, Cameron Harper, Roddy MacGregor, Sean Welsh, Daniel Mackay

End of 2022/23 season: Robbie Deas, Scott Allardice

Here's the article confirming Welsh is with us for next season

• Thank You 1

The club will want to be delaying contract talks or committing for as long as possible until we know which league we will be in and budgets which is also somewhat dependent on Covid restrictions. Fortunately for us most clubs will be in a similar position so unless there is a desire to sign a specific player we will see a lot of guys heading towards expiry leaving the club options both within and elsewhere in the leagues. Overall unless we gain Premiership status then its to be expected the squad will be trimmed and some of the older and (probable) higher earners like Doran, Vincent, Storey may well be away.

9 hours ago, Yngwie said:

If I could tie up one of those players it would be Carson, but I fear he’s one of the least likely to stay, and that even if he chooses to remain in the Highlands it might not be with us.

I agree. He has the quality to play in the Premiership.

However, there remains just an outside prospect that that could be with us.

Along with finding out Scott Allan is a class player, also found out that our Twitter community is toxic as ****. Made a comment about the midfield starting to become oversaturated, and that our defensive backups are Youth Players who've only played Highland League as their highest level, and we should be looking at an experienced backup.

• Thoughtful 1
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

10 points in 4 games but we've only scored 3 goals in those games.  We have not been creating much at all, but in the brief time Scott was on the pitch, he demonstrated some of the quality and vision we have been lacking.  We have some tough games ahead and Scott may just have what it takes to get us into the playoffs at the end of the season.

• Agree 3

An inspirational signing. It shows ambition and demonstrates that it's not just the fans who still harbour hope of promotion.

Well done to those who made it happen. If we can get both him and Doran fit between now and the end of the season our attacking and creative options will be greatly enhanced.

On 3/27/2021 at 6:31 PM, DoofersDad said:

in the brief time Scott was on the pitch, he demonstrated some of the quality and vision we have been lacking. 

I have to say that I was not convinced.  I saw a lot of running around which gave an appearance of sharpness, together with a few displays of petulance and dissent when decisions went against him.  Not sure if that is what he is usually like, or if he was trying to show his new teammates that he was fully committed.

Considering that he woke up in Edinburgh that morning, and that everything happened so quickly, then his first 35 minutes was too soon to tell anything.

But of course I hope he goes on to be a great success!

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic