ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

I noticed that Dick put 2 men on him right away. At times it even looked like 3. A couple of times he was facing the wrong way or was surrounded, otherwise if he'd managed to squeeze out a pass, we would have had an 'overload' as Andy would probably say if he wanted to be trendy.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2021 at 9:03 AM, hislopsoffsideagain said:

Contract expiry dates (I believe):

End of 2020/21 season: Cammy Mackay, Ryan Fyffe, Kevin McHattie, Brad McKay, Harry Nicolson, Aaron Doran, Lewis Hyde, Anthony McDonald, James Vincent, James Keatings (already signed a PCA with Raith), Miles Storey, Shane Sutherland, Nikolay Todorov

End of 2021/22 season: Mark Ridgers, Daniel Devine, Wallace Duffy, Cameron Harper, Roddy MacGregor, Sean Welsh, Daniel Mackay

End of 2022/23 season: Robbie Deas, Scott Allardice

End of 2023/24 season: David Carson

I have updated the above for Carson.

We have 10 players under contract for next season, who will form a pretty decent nucleus for us.

Of those out of contract, I’d imagine we will offer extensions to Cammy and the youngsters who can hopefully develop into regular squad members and, in time, be the next products of the academy to enhance the squad. I don’t see MacKinnon and Hastings on the list: not sure if their contracts expire this summer too.

Toddy must be the priority to get signed up, based on the last couple of months.

I’d be quite happy if Mckay and Sutherland get extensions.

Doran, if we are guaranteed fitness, would be an asset.

If may be worth taking a punt on McDonald, as he looked useful in his loan spell.

I anticipate we will release McHattie, Vincent and Storey, but may be proved wrong!

40 minutes ago, Robert said:

I have updated the above for Carson.

We have 10 players under contract for next season, who will form a pretty decent nucleus for us.

Of those out of contract, I’d imagine we will offer extensions to Cammy and the youngsters who can hopefully develop into regular squad members and, in time, be the next products of the academy to enhance the squad. I don’t see MacKinnon and Hastings on the list: not sure if their contracts expire this summer too.

Toddy must be the priority to get signed up, based on the last couple of months. (Agreed)

I’d be quite happy if Mckay and Sutherland get extensions. (Agreed)

Doran, if we are guaranteed fitness, would be an asset. (Too injury prone, could probably get 2 players for his wages).

If may be worth taking a punt on McDonald, as he looked useful in his loan spell. (Injury prone both times. Too risky). 

I anticipate we will release McHattie, Vincent and Storey, but may be proved wrong! (Only Storey made any contribution this season. Can't afford the other two as injury prone and it would appear too risky to keep). 

Contract expiry dates (I believe):

End of 2020/21 season: Cammy Mackay, Ryan Fyffe, Kevin McHattie, Brad McKay, Harry Nicolson, David Carson, Aaron Doran, Lewis Hyde, Anthony McDonald, James Vincent, James Keatings (already signed a PCA with Raith), Miles Storey, Shane Sutherland, Nikolay Todorov

End of 2021/22 season: Mark Ridgers, Daniel Devine, Wallace Duffy, Cameron Harper, Roddy MacGregor, Sean Welsh, Daniel Mackay

Here's the article confirming Welsh is with us for next season

Out of the ones out of contract at end of this season I would keep on: Cameron Mackay, Ryan Fyffe, Harry Nicholson, Lewis Hyde, Anthony MacDonald and Nikolay Todorov.

i reckon Aaron Doran, Kevin McHattie and James Vincent will be moved on.  I'm not sure about Brad Mackay, Miles Storey or Shane Sutherland but, personally I would move on Brad Mackay and possibly Miles Storey (I'm torn on this one) but retain Shane Sutherland.

So bearing all that in mind, that gives us a squad of: Mark Ridgers, Cameron Mackay, Wallace Duffy, Danny Devine, Harry Nicholson, Ryan Fyffe, Robbie Deas, Lewis Hyde, Cameron Harper, Roddy MacGregor, Scott Allardice, Sean Welsh, Davy Carson, Anthony MacDonald, Shane Harkness, Daniel Mackay, Shane Sutherland and Nikolay Todorov.

That is the necleus of a good squad and it wouldn't need much strengthening in the transfer market. I hope that we target younger players in the transfer market because I believe that is the type of player we should be targeting, perhaps one or 2 experienced players too.

I was going to add what areas would need strening but i can't because I don't know the positions of Nicholson, Hyde and Harkness. I think Fyffe may be a RB but I'm not 100% certain.

I have changed lol, no more of this negativity, I'm becoming more positive 😛

52 minutes ago, Robert said:

Pretty sure Fyffe and Nicolson can both play right back with Fyffe also a centre back. Hyde is a midfielder and Harkness a striker. 

Speculation is all very well but unfortunately our Board have a BIG decision to make on our management and coaching team for next season. This is a priority.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, caleyboy said:

Speculation is all very well but unfortunately our Board have a BIG decision to make on our management and coaching team for next season. This is a priority.

Wonder if furlough will feature this time around?  Haven't heard of any team proposing it.

I can’t see any reason for not using it as we don’t need the players at work until pre-season starts, and those on furlough can also be on holiday.

The club made the wages up to 100% last time, so there is nothing to lose and it will save the club a chunk of wage costs.

Perhaps not what furlough was designed for but if it is within the scheme rules, why not take advantage of it?

But the club has had little or no income and most of the usual outgoings.

The scheme is to maintain employment and keep businesses alive, so I’d be surprised if it will not been used by many clubs. Whether they publicly say so is another matter.

The sector I am in has been fortunate to get some support from the Scottish Government. One of the conditions is that maximum use is made of the furlough scheme as it minimises the cost to the Scottish Government. As football has had some support, that may be a prerequisite too.

Edited by Robert

• 2 weeks later...

An updated list after today's news of new contracts and yesterday's news of Daniel Mackay's impending exit.

Contract expiry dates:

End of 2020/21 season: Cammy Mackay, Kevin McHattie, Brad McKay, Aaron Doran, James Vincent, James Keatings (already signed a PCA with Raith), Miles Storey, Shane Sutherland, Nikolay Todorov

End of 2021/22 season: Mark Ridgers, Daniel Devine, Wallace Duffy, Ryan Fyffe, Cameron Harper, Harry Nicolson, Lewis Hyde, Anthony McDonald, Roddy MacGregor, Sean Welsh

End of 2023/24 season: David Carson

With Keatings leaving, there are eight players whose status at the club for next season remains up in the air.

• Thank You 1

will mackays departure leave funds to offer doran a new deal? though in hyde and macdonald we should have ample replacements. be a shame to see cammy mackay leave.  brad and shane played majority of games. got to do everything to keep toddy but fact he hasnt signed yet suggests he is going elsewhere. in vincent, machattie and storey i would rather see younger replacements, even if loan deals. although another year left, i wonder if duffy will stay as wasnt even on bench for last few games.

probably the biggest issue is if robbo  and kels are returning to sign new players?  boy hester at elgin looks decent.

2 minutes ago, forresjags said:

Heard a rumour Hester maybe bound for Hull after the play offs. Would definitely bit worth a gamble though, heard good things about him.

Kane Hester to Hull? They're on a EFL Championship budget, they can easily bag anyone better than from a Scottish League Two side 😂

21 hours ago, forresjags said:

Heard a rumour Hester maybe bound for Hull after the play offs. Would definitely bit worth a gamble though, heard good things about him.

He would need an extra big sock for the electronic tag on his ankle. 

Cheat and criminal - don't want him at our club.

On 5/9/2021 at 11:40 AM, aaroncoganshogun said:

He would need an extra big sock for the electronic tag on his ankle. 

Cheat and criminal - don't want him at our club.

Sorry, hadn't realised he had been found guilty. What punishment did he get ?

2 hours ago, forresjags said:

Sorry, hadn't realised he had been found guilty. What punishment did he get ?

1 hour ago, RiG said:

He hasn't been found guilty AFAIK. Case is going back to court later this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-56649788

I just assumed forresjags was being sarcastic...

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, forresjags said:

Apologies,  but for some on here to claim he's a 'cheat and a criminal' seems a bit bizarre and premature. 

and a possible contempt of court.

The matter is subject to an ongoing criminal prosecution so nothing can be said that could be seen to prejudice that.

That said, since there is no suggestion at the moment that he is coming to us, so there is no reason to comment at all.

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

and a possible contempt of court.

The matter is subject to an ongoing criminal prosecution so nothing can be said that could be seen to prejudice that.

That said, since there is no suggestion at the moment that he is coming to us, so there is no reason to comment at all.

I see the Arbroath fans speculating on P&B about him going back there.

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic