ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

1 hour ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Oops. Thought he had been found guilty. We don't do trials in Pyongyang. So forgive my mix up. 🤡

I thought he'd been beheaded. Won't be much use to us in the air then.

Quite happy with that, as at the end of the season he became a bit of an impact player coming off the bench.

Hopefully we hear good news about Toddy soon. 

Edited by Robert
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sourcing new players at a good price should be easier for the forthcoming season. Polly is to be released by Motherwell along with a significant number of first teamers. Kilmarnock are unloading players.  The question is, who are we keeping and what budget does the new man or woman becoming head coach will be working within. 

7 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Sourcing new players at a good price should be easier for the forthcoming season. Polly is to be released by Motherwell along with a significant number of first teamers. Kilmarnock are unloading players.  The question is, who are we keeping and what budget does the new man or woman becoming head coach will be working within. 

Her? I did see Shelley Kerr in Inverness today. 

26 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

She is a very knowledgeable person. It is only a question of time before we see a female manager or coach of a male team in the UK.

Do us a favour.  Cant stand the woman whose only experience in mens football was with Stirling University a number of years ago.

14 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

She is a very knowledgeable person. It is only a question of time before we see a female manager or coach of a male team in the UK.

I entirely agree and, assuming it was the right person, it would be fantastic positive publicity for the club.

However, I don't think that Shelley Kerr would be the right choice.

Edited by Kingsmills

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

I entirely agree and, assuming it was the right person, it would be fantastic positive publicity for the club.

However, I don't think that Shelley Kerr would be the right choice.

I also dont think she would be the right choice. No matter the sec, footballers need to respect their manager/coach and I don't think she would have the respect of the dressing room. That accent would put them all to sleep 🙄

• Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Sure, but Shelley is not the answer. Given the talent available to the Scotland women's team, she failed miserably to qualify for the Euros. The team has gone backwards since Anna left. Most of the qualifying matches were eye-bleeding to watch.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, TheMantis said:

Sure, but Shelley is not the answer. Given the talent available to the Scotland women's team, she failed miserably to qualify for the Euros. The team has gone backwards since Anna left. Most of the qualifying matches were eye-bleeding to watch.

Agreed. I would be very happy to have a woman as head coach if she had talent and ability.

However, appointing a woman with such a history of failure and mediocrity would be tokenism of the worst kind.

I have no issue with her accent. I have considerable issue with her poor track record.

I also saw Mike Bassett in Harry Gow's today buying a couple of dream rings. 

One for Robbo and one for Scott Gardiner? 

36 minutes ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

I also saw Mike Bassett in Harry Gow's today buying a couple of dream rings. 

One for Robbo and one for Scott Gardiner? 

It was more likely Bertie Bassett :wink:

Who thinks Billy Mckay a good prospect, seems to have regained form, got over injury problems, teams up well with a big centre forward type. Seems to like area.

5 minutes ago, Shoot said:

Who thinks Billy Mckay a good prospect, seems to have regained form, got over injury problems, teams up well with a big centre forward type. Seems to like area.

Seems to be well past his best and well beyond our budget.

Around the 1 hour 45 minute (!) mark of the latest Wyness Shuffle pod we flag up some serious and some not so serious names for next season. Link in signature.

My not so serious suggestion was Shinniesta who was released by Charlton. We could do with a number ten to play behind the striker. Could Polly fancy a return to ICT? And Marley Watkins was recently released... :laugh: 

29 minutes ago, RiG said:

Around the 1 hour 45 minute (!) mark of the latest Wyness Shuffle pod we flag up some serious and some not so serious names for next season. Link in signature.

My not so serious suggestion was Shinniesta who was released by Charlton. We could do with a number ten to play behind the striker. Could Polly fancy a return to ICT? And Marley Watkins was recently released... :laugh: 

Rotherham rumours for Liam. Will listen to podcast when cutting grass a tweekend.

• Thank You 1

43 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Seems to be well past his best and well beyond our budget.

I'm gobsmacked about the number of players being released by clubs, think everyones budget must be getting lower. Certainly a lot of people to choose from.

None off the ex County players for me it was only at the last minute that they played to keep them in the premier league "not good enough " I would rather stick with our young players 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

15 minutes ago, RiG said:

After being released by us Brad Mckay has pitched up at Falkirk.

Maybe I missed it but did the club come out and announce McKay had left? Has it been confirmed that Vincent is away?

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic