ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

Gardyne was still one of Ross County's best players last season and most of their fans wanted him around for another year. He could be an outstanding player for us even if it's just for a season. Doran, Walsh, MacDonald and Gardyne will possibly playing in the wide areas is a lovely thought. 

If both are prepared to sign within our wage structure they would each be very positive additions to the squad and our target of automatic promotion.

If they have indeed had offers from us that shows a welcome and encouraging level of ambition.

• Agree 1

59 minutes ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Gardyne. No thanks. He has been venomous towards our club. I don't want him and his 6 fingers hands and webbed feet on our sacred turf in an ICT strip. No No No!!!!

Get a grip ffs, all footballers are "venomous" towards their direct Derby opponents. I for one would welcome gardyne with open arms 

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, aaroncoganshogun said:

Gardyne. No thanks. He has been venomous towards our club. I don't want him and his 6 fingers hands and webbed feet on our sacred turf in an ICT strip. No No No!!!!

What a 'venomous" post. If we can recruit a locally based Premiershop quality player to our promotion campaign for next season I am sure that the vast majority of fans would welcome the post and get fully behind him.

12 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Pretty much what everyone said about Shane Sutherland, and he's played somewhat decent since coming back.

Gardyne and Mckay were still playing regularly and performing well in the Premiership last season. Sutherland came up from League 2. Bit of a difference.

• Agree 1

Gardyne is 35 but you wouldn't have known it from watching him last season. Whilst I imagine he doesn't have the same pace he had ten years ago he clearly keeps himself in excellent shape. He's also an extremely intelligent player and uses his experience to compensate for slowing down a bit. There's always an element of risk with signing players of his age but a guy who started 21 Premiership games last season is not to be sneezed at.

• Agree 2

Gardyne is a top professional.  He would bring great experience to the club. Billy could be a superb addition if he was prepared to accept our wage structure.

Disappointed that a supporter would use the term venomous at a time when sports people have had to switch off using social media. 

• Agree 1

Not sure players from a team that only just dodged the drop could be regarded as great additions, when it showed this year that there was a definite overlap in quality between the top of the championship and the bottom of premier...if anything it's experience at the back where we really need it  rather than another 'wide' player to fire crosses in to the box for...who knows who we'll have up front.

They might fit into the wage structure  but at the higher end I'd guess.

There's good players available still, I really hope we have a few more irons on the fire.

Pre-season isn't far away now.

• Agree 1

48 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

Gardyne is a top professional.  He would bring great experience to the club. Billy could be a superb addition if he was prepared to accept our wage structure.

Disappointed that a supporter would use the term venomous at a time when sports people have had to switch off using social media. 

Venomous as he branded Brad Mckay a coward in the media. Direct attack on Brad that was uncalled for. That was vidence of being 'Venomous'

Reverse the situation … If Brad had commented on him in the media in a similar fashion would that be venomous? or would we applaud him for winding up our local rivals? Its all about perspective ….  Was Charlie Christie venomous when he asked Bone the score and set him off on a course of events that got him issued multiple red cards? We all thought it hilarious.  Were some of the comments about Derek Adams from our support about him 'seething' venomous? Nope, also hilarious from our point of view. Was Vigurs venomous in that famous picture of him giving fans the V sign? The fans got on his case and he gave it back, and has given it back - to both clubs. Countless examples of 'banter' that some on the other side of that banter could regard as venomous. 

Its all rivalry … and there are libel and slander laws (or defamation in Scotland I think) to protect Brad or others if they want to complain about it. At a club level we stick together and try to wind up our rivals, come Monday, whether from Dingwall or Dalneigh we will all be supporting Scotland and likely winding up our friends who may well be supporting someone else from south of the border. 

As for Gardyne and Mackay - I will leave that up to Billy Dodds .. If Mackay can still score when we want, and Gardyne can add some veteran experience to a squad which, for much of the year, flirted with relegation last season and either can be the difference that sees us challenging next year and perhaps not missing out on the playoffs then so be it. I would far rather have either playing for us as opposed to the current managerial incumbent at Viccy Park in charge of us ! 

• Agree 3

Seems to be a waiting game, players deciding to leave or stay, with knock on late decisions to sign new players. Hope to hear good news next week, or training may be a bit sparse on Tuesday.

42 minutes ago, Satan said:

And this is in ICT Squad update because...?

On 6/9/2021 at 11:57 AM, Satan said:

We've signed Toby Michaels ?

Could say the same about this but I guess nobody else is really that bothered to bring it up. 👍

• Funny 2
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Robert said:

We have appointed a Head of Physical Performance:

https://ictfc.com/ross-hughes-appointed-head-of-physical-performance

Is it a new role or is he replacing someone?

Presumably his task is to improve fitness levels in a way that minimises the risk of injuries?

If he's any good this will be a good appointment and shows our intent to get the structure right

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic