ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

5 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

It is in the nature of rumours to be unsubstantiated, otherwise they would be facts.

well spotted. Fact, he said ICT were never an option

Edited by caleyboy

When are we likely to hear if we are signing Javan Anderson or Callum Morris after their trials, especially seeing as we have no more pre season friendlies left (I'm only going by the pre season thread). 

I'd be inclined to sign both but, there could be other competent defenders available so I'm torn lol.

4 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

When are we likely to hear if we are signing Javan Anderson or Callum Morris after their trials, especially seeing as we have no more pre season friendlies left (I'm only going by the pre season thread). 

I'd be inclined to sign both but, there could be other competent defenders available so I'm torn lol.

Why? Not seen Anderson at all and fleeting glimpses of Morris hasn't filled me with hope for his signature.

The reason they were on trial is due to the fact we are looking to try out players and their agents are looking to get them employment. 

I don't think we're in a position to sign every trialist, so we have to get it right.

think out of the box - season long loans for Luke Singh and Rocco Romeo from Toronto FC! With football still somewhat restricted over here, and former feeder teams in Ottawa and elsewhere not able to accept players, TFC do seem to look further afield for opportunities for loanees ..... why not us ! 

Luke Singh (20) - decent (6'2") centre back who was called up from TFC II to the first team as a squad player for the CONCACAF Champions League match against Club Leon from Mexico. Got an unexpected start in that game and was then kept in the first team squad on an upgraded contract after doing well in the Champions League. Has made 2 additional first team starts for TFC in MLS and scored 1 goal. Currently loaned back to TFC II. Looks like a good prospect. Was on trial at Brondby at one point but made no appearances due to an injury. Recently called up to both the Canadian and Trinidad & Tobago national training camps as he is eligible for both until he decides who to represent. 

Rocco Romeo (21) - another centre back (6'4" and solid) who looks like a decent prospect. Has not made any first team starts as he has spent most of the last two seasons on loan at HB Koge in Denmark. Another who was recently called up to the international camps and is currently trying to get into the Canadian Olympic Squad.  

11 minutes ago, Scotty said:

think out of the box - season long loans for Luke Singh and Rocco Romeo from Toronto FC! With football still somewhat restricted over here, and former feeder teams in Ottawa and elsewhere not able to accept players, TFC do seem to look further afield for opportunities for loanees ..... why not us ! 

Luke Singh (20) - decent (6'2") centre back who was called up from TFC II to the first team as a squad player for the CONCACAF Champions League match against Club Leon from Mexico. Got an unexpected start in that game and was then kept in the first team squad on an upgraded contract after doing well in the Champions League. Has made 2 additional first team starts for TFC in MLS and scored 1 goal. Currently loaned back to TFC II. Looks like a good prospect. Was on trial at Brondby at one point but made no appearances due to an injury. Recently called up to both the Canadian and Trinidad & Tobago national training camps as he is eligible for both until he decides who to represent. 

Rocco Romeo (21) - another centre back (6'4" and solid) who looks like a decent prospect. Has not made any first team starts as he has spent most of the last two seasons on loan at HB Koge in Denmark. Another who was recently called up to the international camps and is currently trying to get into the Canadian Olympic Squad.  

I agree. Loan signings should always be an option but with a huge preference for the loan being for the entire season rather than the parent club having the option to terminate mid season.

On 7/2/2021 at 2:49 PM, Scotty said:

Neither would have a realistic chance of getting a work permit. 

Is it the same 15 point score as England? I lost track with Brexit? Looking at the banding for MLS, the international ranking of Canada, Toronto's second placed finish in last year's supporters' shield, and appearances - for Singh at least - in the CONCACAF league it might be close. Not sure is any consideration is given to U21 players in terms of international call ups but with Canada being ranked outside the top 50 (for now) any points there might be a stretch. 

Anyhoo - just an example. Wherever the club look, hopefully they might think out of the box and try to land a few gems on loan if we can. 

We certainly could do with a couple of defenders before the competitive season starts. We only have Duffy, Devine, Deas and Harper, although Carson may continue at right back, and it will be a lot to expect of Fyffe and Nicholson to be the only cover for them. 

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

Kirk Broadfoot incoming it seems...

The caveat being that this story appears in the Daily Record.

However, if true, while he is clearly not one for the future, on a one year contract, he would add some experience and guile to our defence for our promotion push this coming season.

8 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

The caveat being that this story appears in the Daily Record.

Have you seen who is reporting it in the DR? Scott Burns is typically very on the nose with transfer rumours.

An interesting one if true.

It gives us an experienced player, but whether he is signing to be a squad player or will be a regular starter in place if Devine or Deas will be interesting.

I still think we are short of one defender. 

Edited by Robert

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic