ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

23 minutes ago, jamie ictfc said:

Some assumptions being made here! Kirk hasn’t kicked a ball for the club and already isn’t playing for the shirt! 

Amazes me how negative some of our Fanbase is, remember Kevin McNaughton? Joined us at the end of his career and when he played his influence and experience was unbelievable to see on the pitch - why can’t Kirk Broadfoot be the same? 

Who’s to say another defender won’t be joining us soon too…..

I don't need him to play for the shirt.

I just want him to play with commitment and to the best of his abilities which, as a seasoned professional, I have every confidence that he will.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

I'm of the same opinion Jack. What we need to do is start to believe we will be back in the SPL next season and build the squad ready for that. Not try to do it and settle the team in 3 games once we get there. I reckon Kirky boy is trying to extend his career one more year but is only playing for the money and not the badge! Not a great signing - even his interview showed he wasn't that bothered. Complete disaster in the making!

Being pernickety here (apologies!) but the SPL died a death a long time ago. We want to get back to the Scottish Premiership.

The fact that folk still refer to the top tier as the SPL shows what a roaring success the rebranding of the leagues has been.

• Well Said 2

6 hours ago, jamie ictfc said:

Some assumptions being made here! Kirk hasn’t kicked a ball for the club and already isn’t playing for the shirt! 

Amazes me how negative some of our Fanbase is, remember Kevin McNaughton? Joined us at the end of his career and when he played his influence and experience was unbelievable to see on the pitch (Albeit ending in relegation) - why can’t Kirk Broadfoot be the same?  The man has played in a UEFA Cup final, played in the championship in England and is now with us and I have no doubt will bring some much needed and missed experience.   We've beaten other clubs to his signing - we shoudl be proud of that not disappointed because of his age or 'how bothered he sounds in an interview'

If you back the manager back his signings too. Who’s to say another defender won’t be joining us soon too…..

Well said 👍

• Agree 2

So far, happy to be wrong about Broadfoot. His interview didn't come across well. His age seemed to be a bit high ... but he let his feet do the talking and was impressive. Gardyne looked sharp although concerns about how well he will gel with the youngsters as he looked a bit frustrated with them tonight. Manny looks to be a find, and then King Doran does what he is good at ... pure class. Looking bright for us ... and as said I am happy to be wrong!

• Well Said 3

17 hours ago, Satan said:

Kevin Mcnaughton barely played for us, I sincerely hope Broadfoot manages more than 14 games in the coming season.😏

Every minute he did play I thought he was a cool, calm and collected defender and was brilliant to be fair.

• Agree 4

Aye give him a chance to prove himself - although my hope is that he does as good a job off the pitch as he does on it. He has loads of experience and mainly at higher levels. That should bring about heightened positional and awareness qualities. He should also be a "leader" and direct / support the yoofs. In different ways he is a bit of a Bobby Mann at the rearguard.

2 hours ago, jamie ictfc said:

Every minute he did play I thought he was a cool, calm and collected defender and was brilliant to be fair.

To be fair his stats dont back that up, must've been the only defender who was cool calm & collected and believe it or not 'brilliant' that year, as we gave goals away like it was going out of fashion.

2 hours ago, Satan said:

To be fair his stats dont back that up, must've been the only defender who was cool calm & collected and believe it or not 'brilliant' that year, as we gave goals away like it was going out of fashion.

Probably more to do with the fact our a manager didn’t have his coaching badges or practise set pieces at all…..

1 hour ago, jamie ictfc said:

Probably more to do with the fact our a manager didn’t have his coaching badges or practise set pieces at all…..

Although, the vast majority of posters on this site, including myself, were delighted when Ritchie Foran was appointed as manager.

Sadly, the vast majority of us and the board of directors were entirely wrong.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Although, the vast majority of posters on this site, including myself, were delighted when Ritchie Foran was appointed as manager.

Sadly, the vast majority of us and the board of directors were entirely wrong.

Strange because most people I spoke with while sincerely hoping for the best were deeply concerned about someone with zero management experience or pedigree being appointed let alone given a multi year deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fraz said:

Strange because most people I spoke with while sincerely hoping for the best were deeply concerned about someone with zero management experience or pedigree being appointed let alone given a multi year deal. 

We had a poll on here which, at the time, demonstrated overwhelming support for the appointment.

I am certain that had a further poll been conducted by mid season the result would have been rather different.

14 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

We had a poll on here which, at the time, demonstrated overwhelming support for the appointment.

I am certain that had a further poll been conducted by mid season the result would have been rather different.

Why on earth are we bring up negatives? Our squad last night looked good and we should be talking about the positives .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 3

On 7/13/2021 at 6:40 PM, Satan said:

Kevin Mcnaughton barely played for us, I sincerely hope Broadfoot manages more than 14 games in the coming season.😏

That was because he received a serious injury playing for us, which effectively ended his career. Had he not got injured, I'm sure he would have been successful for us so not sure what point you are trying to make here unless you want Broadfoot to get a serious injury? 

• Funny 1

Northstandrising Instagram story this morning stating that BD looking to add one more signing (his source is: The Inverness Courier). 

I'd agree with that, we probably need another defender then I'd say we're ready for the coming season :).

I do this quite often lol (especially for Tennis) but, I've got a good feeling about the coming season :ictscarf:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CaleyTennis said:

Northstandrising Instagram story this morning stating that BD looking to add one more signing (his source is: The Inverness Courier). 

I'd agree with that, we probably need another defender then I'd say we're ready for the coming season :).

I do this quite often lol (especially for Tennis) but, I've got a good feeling about the coming season 

In his interview on the radio after the Petehead game Dodds said it was another striker he was after. One with pace. I like the look of Ryan Fyffe, he did really well on Tuesday so he may be used for cover in defence. 

I was at the game, sitting in the North stand, not my usual haunt, as I have season ticket in the main stand, so it was nice to watch the game from a different perspective. We were treated to two excellent goals, we were right in view of Aaron's brilliant strike, and watched it dip and swerve into the top corner.

With regards to the Kirk Broadfoot signing, I must admit that I wasn't filled with joy to read he was coming to ICT, I thought that we usually got rid of players of that vintage, Warren, Raven and Tremarco being prime examples, not signing them, but I was pleasantly surprised to see him stroll through the game, and be very vocal with organising the back four. His energy levels never dipped throughout the game, and I now think that it could turn out to be a good bit of business by ICT.

• Agree 2

Given Tuesday night's defensive train wreck this, on the face of it, seems like a very strange decision. Unless I'm mistaken that leaves us with six recognised defenders (Broadfoot, Deas, Devine, Duffy, Harper and Fyfe) which suggests we either have reinforcements lined up or Dodds has decided to play 2 at the back over the Winter period. 

• Well Said 1

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic