ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

1 hour ago, Stirling Observer said:

Roddy will be the best signing of the summer, potentially for years to come.

He is so good and has so much potential that, very sadly, I can't see him staying with us for years.

However, this very welcome contract extension, hopefully ensures that we will be properly compensated when he does move on.

Really pleased with both contract extensions :smile: both players will get more experience staying with us for now and if they do move on in the future the club will get something for them unlike others that have gone for nothing in the past.  Good for those working behind the scenes sorting out the contracts.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Not wanting to sound delusional or anything, but I have a feeling Roddy is a Ryan Christie in the making. Only a matter of time before he gets snapped up by the Old Firm or a Championship side.

I don't agree that he the new Ryan Christie but the first Roddy Macgregor certainly has the potential to be just as successful as Ryan perhaps more so and perhaps also to generate more for the club than Ryan did when he moved on.

The initial fee for Ryan at £500,000 was half of what we should have held out for.

If Roddy continues to improve and develop as he has been, I can see him moving on for a seven figure fee and a decent sell on clause with an eye to the future.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mid November and time to ponder how we can strengthen in the January window and get our promotion push back on track.

We are lacking creativity and suffering from poor service and poor finishing.

One player who is capable of providing both and who could settle into the team immediately is Daniel McKay.

He seems to be out of the first team picture at Hibs with only a couple of appearances this season.

In my view, a half season loan could be good for us, benificial to him and ultimately good for his parent club.

I would like to think that we at least explore this possibility.

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, RiG said:

I was making a light hearted dig at the poster who suggested a few weeks back that Carson was the one who would be leaving the club...

That's fine then I was a bit worried when I seen your post :blush:

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic