ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

We can't just release someone because we fancy it. This isn't Football Manager. The club will have tried to work something out between Carson and Gardyne, clearly it hasn't worked, maybe something else has happened behind the scenes that we aren't aware of and as a result the club have decided to move one of them on. Getting an agreement that works for all parties won't happen overnight, especially if one of the parties doesn't agree to what is being proposed, so perhaps it's not that surprising that it hasn't happened quickly.

Anyway, it's done now and we now need to take whatever monies may be left in the budget and seek to improve the squad as our rivals are already getting reinforcements in for their own title / promotion pushes.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

What could the club have done to move him on earlier if he wasn't willing to go ?

Sack him for Gross Misconduct? That's what they did to Ricky Calder after he leathered a woman for a wee fender bender.

Gardyne had to go, can guarantee he was a drain on the squad's morale, and when you're going full hog in your mates missus whilst said friend is attending the funeral of his own dad, you're easily public enemy No.1 in the dressing room.  

12 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Sack him for Gross Misconduct? That's what they did to Ricky Calder after he leathered a woman for a wee fender bender.

Gardyne had to go, can guarantee he was a drain on the squad's morale, and when you're going full hog in your mates missus whilst said friend is attending the funeral of his own dad, you're easily public enemy No.1 in the dressing room.  

Ricky Calder had committed a serious criminal offence.

Gardyne, whatever we may think of his conduct, did not.

• Agree 1

Allegedly sleeping with a team mates partner is in no way comparable to battering a woman with a shoe. One is a criminal offence the other is not (albeit it's not exactly stand up behaviour).

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

I wasn’t expecting this: Anthony McDonald has left the club:

https://ictfc.com/anthony-mcdonald-leaves-ictfc 

I had high hopes when he joined a year ago, but injuries hampered him last season and he has not really contributed this season.

Hopefully we are on the cusp of bringing in a creative player given we have lost two wide players. Possibly also a chance for Cammy Harper to establish himself as he has looked promising when playing wide left. 

2 minutes ago, Robert said:

I wasn’t expecting this: Anthony McDonald has left the club:

https://ictfc.com/anthony-mcdonald-leaves-ictfc 

I had high hopes when he joined a year ago, but injuries hampered him last season and he has not really contributed this season.

Hopefully we are on the cusp of bringing in a creative player given we have lost two wide players. Possibly also a chance for Cammy Harper to establish himself as he has looked promising when playing wide left. 

Was never given a chance. No one is going to tell me he couldnt contribute more tham Walsh, he doesnt create, score, track...he is a passenger in 95% of games.

Seems Dodds didnt fancy him for whatever reason. Shame as I think given a run he would have been a real asset to us.

• Agree 1

9 hours ago, RiG said:

Allegedly sleeping with a team mates partner is in no way comparable to battering a woman with a shoe. One is a criminal offence the other is not (albeit it's not exactly stand up behaviour).

Very true, However, Stand up seems to be his thing mind.. especially in a doorway in Union Street!   

On 1/7/2022 at 8:55 AM, Kingsmills said:

Gardyne had a valid contract until the end of the season.

He did nothing to breach that contract. What could the club have done to move him on earlier if he wasn't willing to go ?

That is being discussed in public…….

49 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Is it just me or is anyone else a wee bit worried about the lack of inward transfers? Already let 2 midfielders out the door and let one youngster free, all whilst we're needing players to fill gaps in the squad...

Think it's just you jack :lol: I presume that before the players were released others will be lined up to come in if there is nothing announced by the last week in January I will be worried!

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, IBM said:

Think it's just you jack :lol: I presume that before the players were released others will be lined up to come in if there is nothing announced by the last week in January I will be worried!

Agreed. I would be surprised and very disappointed if there were not new recruits about to come in.

That said, I would much rather that they arrived in the next week to ten days rather than gambling and waiting until the window is about to close.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

21 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

Is it just me or is anyone else a wee bit worried about the lack of inward transfers? Already let 2 midfielders out the door and let one youngster free, all whilst we're needing players to fill gaps in the squad...

Which youngster have we freed? We had 7 out on loan until January and only Hennem has been announced as having his loan extended. Hyde and Nicolson have returned and been in the squad recently. I’ve not heard anything about the other 4 yet. 

6 minutes ago, Robert said:

Which youngster have we freed? We had 7 out on loan until January and only Hennem has been announced as having his loan extended. Hyde and Nicolson have returned and been in the squad recently. I’ve not heard anything about the other 4 yet. 

He wasn't part of the first team, but he's gone off to Forres Mechanics

Disappointed to read that Daniel McKay has signed for Kilmarnock on loan until the end of the season.

I know that we did make enquiries about doing the same thing but assume that Kilmarnock were able to pay his full wages and possibly a loan fee on top whereas we were not.

I was hoping to land him and this is without doubt a boost for our main promotion rivals and a blow for us.

Vital now that we can find our own talented and creative loanee to bolster our promotion prospects.

• Agree 1

Is there a lack of ambition at this club. He would surely have been an ideal candidate to fill a wide position.

We must have been really bad to him when he was here before.

Really disappointing and we need to get the finger out or we will be missing out once more.

19 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Is there a lack of ambition at this club. He would surely have been an ideal candidate to fill a wide position.

We must have been really bad to him when he was here before.

Really disappointing and we need to get the finger out or we will be missing out once more.

Not so much a lack of ambition as a lack of funds probably.

However, I do think the failure to find those funds, one way or another, was a short sighted mistake.

We are probably talking about a modest five figure sum whereas the difference between being in the Championship or Premiership next season will run well into seven figures.

16 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

Not so much a lack of ambition as a lack of funds probably.

However, I do think the failure to find those funds, one way or another, was a short sighted mistake.

We are probably talking about a modest five figure sum whereas the difference between being in the Championship or Premiership next season will run well into seven figures.

our loss Kilmarnocks gain it might just come back and bight us in the arse,sign Lafferty on loan

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic