ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

We’ll probably need someone or a few who can go straight into the team and make a difference.  That will be expensive no doubt but we are a team performing in the upper reaches of Scottish football ! Surely some of these guys experienced or not looking for regular games can be sold on this and knowing it can be a big stepping stone to come here, even with the carrot of ending up in the top division and with improved deals.  Scott Allan and Kai Kennedy recent examples. Covid unfortunately has got in the way of our progress as well. If part time Arbroath can get quality recruits in surely we can. 

Leigh Griffiths is a free agent. Celtic have released him and Dungdee don't want him. Sign him for the remainder of the season - imagine him and Billy together up front! I know it isn't going to happen but it's a nice thought. He's not everyone's cup of tea but with the right motivation he would be an asset, surely?

52 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Losing Allardyce long term is a massive blow, even though we have the likes of McAleer who can step in.

Yes as he was playing really well and was the main stay in our midfield.  

6 hours ago, IBM said:

Yes as he was playing really well and was the main stay in our midfield.  

That is a huge blow.

One way or another, we have had very little luck this season with a combination of injuries and dressing room unrest.

Definitely need to bring in at least two now to keep our promotion prospects alive.

44 minutes ago, RiG said:

We've signed someone!

Talented young player but it is a big step up. Always good to get bodies in but if he ends up like Anthony MacDonald was and Billy keeps picking his same old team then I can't see this signing being that valuable to us. We need some experienced heads at the moment because we are lacking direction on the field half the time.

28 minutes ago, Jockdoonsouth said:

Talented young player but it is a big step up. Always good to get bodies in but if he ends up like Anthony MacDonald was and Billy keeps picking his same old team then I can't see this signing being that valuable to us. We need some experienced heads at the moment because we are lacking direction on the field half the time.

From a Google search, he is a midfielder, whilst the club is saying he can play in a variety of forward positions.

We will need to see what role he gets when he gets game time.

I still believe our priority is a creative wide player, but our last Welsh outfield player did pretty well for us, so if Pearson can have anything like the impact Watkins had we will all be very happy!

Edited by Robert
  • Like 1

Logan Chalmers made his first team debut for Dundee United at 17 and was thought then to have huge potential but seems to have faded since and, for a forward player, has a poor scoring record.

Hopefully, we will grab his time in the Highlands as an opportunity to revive his fortunes.

42 minutes ago, Donald1973 said:

Won't matter who we bring in in my opinion.... As its the same old garbage coaching them as its been for the last 5 odd years. No point bringing in new managers then forcing them to work with old hat supposed coaches 

Last time I looked we were 2nd in the table, with a game in hand, having lost just 4 games all season, we had a great run at the start of the season, as we did at the end of last season, and yes whilst we've struggled a bit recently, with different players having issues, and with what seems like a bit of dressing room unrest (dealt with) but very few teams, especially on a small budget can expect to go all season firing on all cylinders. Every player brought in so far this year has done all right [save perhaps Duku, who hopefully will have a purple patch soon]. Can we get Carson firing again in midfield rather than RB or can we get good combo's in Welsh/Mclear/MacGregor and the two new boys.

Seen some good comments for both of the new boys on twitter from fans of their mother clubs, so I'm hopeful

The defence looks a bit short so we might need a fresh face there

Edited by Eagle4Caley
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, Donald1973 said:

Won't matter who we bring in in my opinion.... As its the same old garbage coaching them as its been for the last 5 odd years. No point bringing in new managers then forcing them to work with old hat supposed coaches 

How about giving them a chance before condemning them out of hand.

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

How about giving them a chance before condemning them out of hand.

I agree there Kingsmills.  I hope they have been training already with the team and are ready to be called into the team when required even making a subs appearance tomorrow.

Welcome to the club guys I hope you are ready to prove yourselves :smile:

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

32 minutes ago, IBM said:

I agree there Kingsmills.  I hope they have been training already with the team and are ready to be called into the team when required even making a subs appearance tomorrow.

Welcome to the club guys I hope you are ready to prove yourselves :smile:

Nope arrived today but are so welcome! 

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic