ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

We can’t blame Jamieson or St Mirren as he didn’t get much game time, so there was no real point him being here (from their perspective). I suspect he will go to another club on loan for the rest of the season: hopefully he does not come back to haunt us if he joins a Championship club.

In today’s Courier, it sounds like Devine may be out for a time as his knock on Saturday was bad.

More encouragingly, it sounded more positive about Mckay.

No mention of the prognosis for MacGregor or Doran though.

It also had a good interview with Sam Pearson and his reasons for coming here on loan. He describes himself as a winger who can also play as a wing back or striker.

Edited by Robert

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Lewis Jamieson returns to Saint Mirren. Not too happy with that.

I did like what we seen of him on the field which wasn't enough in my view.  It will be interesting to see if he gets more game time back at St Mirren.

47 minutes ago, IBM said:

I did like what we seen of him on the field which wasn't enough in my view.  It will be interesting to see if he gets more game time back at St Mirren.

I really couldn't see the point in taking such a promising and talented young player and then using him so sparingly, especially when others were struggling for form or fitness.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Dissapointed too see Jamieson go. Thought given a run of games he could of done well for us. Notice he has joined Clyde on loan.

I used to have a bit of a soft spot for Clyde until they signed someone judicially determined to be a rapist and then went on to make him club captain.

11 minutes ago, Kingsmills said:

I used to have a bit of a soft spot for Clyde until they signed someone judicially determined to be a rapist and then went on to make him club captain.

Nah Clyde have always been w**kers.

Edited by RiG
  • Well Said 1

So that's MacDonald, Gardyne, Jamieson and a couple of youngsters gone with only Pearson and Chalmers coming in on loan, so I'd presume we can expect more incomings, probably Jahmal Hector-Ingram 🤔

Hopefully we can then get another defender or 2 before Monday's deadline, especially now that Danny is out for a while :(.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, SteveA said:

Dissapointed too see Jamieson go. Thought given a run of games he could of done well for us. Notice he has joined Clyde on loan.

He was at Clyde on loan last season too, so clearly his recall by St Mirren was due to the lack of game time so it was not working out for him and / or St Mirren.

Equally it could be that the club did not think he could have the desired impact, which is why he did not have game time. However, we will never know!

Edited by Robert

12 minutes ago, Robert said:

He was at Clyde on loan last season too, so clearly his recall by St Mirren was due to the lack of game time so it was not working out for him and / or St Mirren.

Equally it could be that the club did not think he could have the desired impact, which is why he did not have game time. However, we will never know!

Could it simply be that Billy Dodds, despite being given his own first team debut by Chelsea at the age of 17, is just not willing to show faith in younger players?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kingsmills said:

Could it simply be that Billy Dodds, despite being given his own first team debut by Chelsea at the age of 17, is just not willing to show faith in younger players?

Then I would suggest that he is coaching at the wrong club. 

Not sure whether to be overwhelmed by the fact that he has been, not so very long ago, been on the books of both Manchester City and Liverpool or completely underwhelmed by the fact that, according to Wikipedia, he is a forward to has never scored a senior goal.

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic