ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

With these forwards coming in, where does that league Duku? Unless he can somehow be reinvented as as a good winger, he probably won’t even make the bench when we have everyone fit. I suspect the club would like to move him on this window but there won’t be a queue of clubs wanting to benefit from his goal scoring prowess, it might be case of him having to drop down a level or two on loan or leaving Scotland if he wants to play much this season.

12 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Lack of quality is my estimation.

Yet in seasons past and this,  McKay, Doran, Allardice, Carson, Welsh, MacGregor, Deas, Walsh, Harper, Ridgers would all be considered quality players or top prospects....but obviously there are concerns about form or fitness, and as a club with a small budget it's not possible to provide the squad depth. I would add to that Shane Sutherland who has at times been instrumental in good performances, and McAleer who has performed decently since coming here. Losing Allardice is a big blow, as is being unable to get Doran back to 100%. That said we are still in 2nd place [obvs Kilmarnock will have a say in that] and still in touch, and after a great start we just need to hang in there and see if any of the additions will provide a spark. We seem to have brought in pace and width to the side, let's hope we've bought in guile as well

5 hours ago, IMMORTAL HOWDEN ENDER said:

Who remembers Colin Samuels - now he would have been perfect - Perhaps it is an omen ?

Remember him well ... Mo Johnston signed him for Toronto FC in 2007 ... scored 3 goals in 19 appearances. Not exactly a box-office success here !

On 1/28/2022 at 6:41 PM, tm4tj said:

This is arguably the worst team we have had since we joined the Leagues. Short of class, pace, creativity and anything else needed to get us promotion.

Certainly since we were promoted to the 1st division in 1999-2000, the season we beat Celtic the first time. The standard has dropped overall in 20 years and as I was saying to the guys at EEP last week, the team that reached the cup semi in 2004 and finished champions would walk this league.

Except for Darran Thomson! He’d still be rubbish.

What I’d give to have those problems again. The worst of it was Keogh unable to score, at least until that game at Clyde which made up for it all.

15 hours ago, TheMantis said:

Certainly since we were promoted to the 1st division in 1999-2000, the season we beat Celtic the first time. The standard has dropped overall in 20 years and as I was saying to the guys at EEP last week, the team that reached the cup semi in 2004 and finished champions would walk this league.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Very interesting wording in the article, describing him as a “consummate professional” and saying he will be welcome back.

I wonder what the real story is?

https://ictfc.com/manny-duku-leaves-ictfc

Probably no more than he had a fair chance, but didn't make the grade.  Dodds has now brought in others who can play up front and surely can't be any worse, so Manny is surplus to requirements.  Shane Sutherland too, with whom so many promising moves break down, had better raise his game.

BTW, it says that Manny will be welcomed back "in Inverness".  It doesn't mean that they would have him back at the club.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

22 minutes ago, Robert said:

You are slipping Robert :wink:

• Funny 1

43 minutes ago, Robert said:

I say, good on them. Regular starts will benefit them in their development. Plus one can never get enough of the A82 and some Nessie spotting 👍

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic