ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

I was surprised that Oakley got goals in the Prem when he moved to Accies, as he was a really poor finisher for us in the Championship. The one highlight for me was the time he got 2 in a 3-0 win at East End Park.

8 hours ago, TheStickyBandit said:

Read on the Courier that Oakley was a trialist for us against Brora. What's people's thoughts on his potential return?

He never really stood out at Brora, if I didn't know about him, he wouldn't have caught my eye. I thought the number 17,  who I believe was Zac Delaney, had a good half, he has some pace and didn't panic under pressure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

He never really stood out at Brora, if I didn't know about him, he wouldn't have caught my eye. I thought the number 17,  who I believe was Zac Delaney, had a good half, he has some pace and didn't panic under pressure.

He's another close to being signed up ;).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, TheStickyBandit said:

Read on the Courier that Oakley was a trialist for us against Brora. What's people's thoughts on his potential return?

I wouldn't be opposed to it, bearing in mind Sutherland wont be back for some time, he's only 26, he has experience in the Scottish Leagues, and he did ok with us last time [17 goals from 63 appearances inc as subs, is not bad]. He would keep Boyd on his toes, and help bring through any youngsters, and would settle in quickly. For a season not a bad punt and probably affordable.

My preference would be Lawrence Shankland...but how much cash can we find down the back of a sofa. We need numbers as well as quality, and there is quality in the squad already

2 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I wouldn't be opposed to it, bearing in mind Sutherland wont be back for some time, he's only 26, he has experience in the Scottish Leagues, and he did ok with us last time [17 goals from 63 appearances inc as subs, is not bad]. He would keep Boyd on his toes, and help bring through any youngsters, and would settle in quickly. For a season not a bad punt and probably affordable.

My preference would be Lawrence Shankland...but how much cash can we find down the back of a sofa. We need numbers as well as quality, and there is quality in the squad already

spacer.png

• Funny 3

1 hour ago, TheStickyBandit said:

I'm quite pleased with this signing especially on a 2 year deal. Will be good to see how he settles and develops in the first team.

I saw him play against Brora, and thought he looked composed on the ball and had a bit of pace, it will be interesting to see how he looks against better opposition. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IBM said:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle are delighted to announce the signing of defender Zak Delaney on a 2-year deal, subject to international clearance.

FW0686dXoAEKO5Z.jpg

A very encouraging piece here which indicates he could be a very good signing:

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2022/07/04/inverness-seal-permanent-move-for-zak-delaney-from-west-brom/?amp

• Like 3

Inverness Caledonian Thistle can confirm the signing of George Oakley on a 2-year deal, subject to international clearance Welcome back to Inverness, George!

FXAF_i2XoAEgqwK.jpg

• Well Said 1
  • Facepalm 2

25 minutes ago, IBM said:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle can confirm the signing of George Oakley on a 2-year deal, subject to international clearance Welcome back to Inverness, George!

FXAF_i2XoAEgqwK.jpg

Not at all sure that this is a good use of our extremely limited player budget.

He was far from prolific first time around and has done nothing since to suggest that may have changed.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IBM said:

FXAF_i2XoAEgqwK.jpg

What the hell is he doing being pictured in that rag of a shirt?

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, IBM said:

FXAF_i2XoAEgqwK.jpg

Looking good Jaggie George! What an amazing shirt.

• Funny 1
  • Facepalm 1

The inspiration for George starts with Shane who worked his socks off to get back to Championship fitness levels.  George really has to prove himself because it is now or never. However, he should be a useful addition partly because he knows the club and area and hopefully sees this as the moment to succeed.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Danny MacKay is set to come back as well it seems. Loan deal being finalised. 

I thought he was heading to Raith. Happy with that if he's coming back to us though. 

On 7/6/2022 at 7:51 PM, Kingsmills said:

Not at all sure that this is a good use of our extremely limited player budget.

He was far from prolific first time around and has done nothing since to suggest that 

I also think that our limited budget could have been used a bit more wisely with regards to the Oakley transfer however understand the need for more numbers for cover in what will be a very tight league

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic