ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

6 hours ago, caleyboy said:

Aye, good to see for the future but they won't win us this league

Didn't a certain Alan Hansen say that a few years back but was proved wrong so don't underestimate youngsters 😜.

I am also very happy with Dan Mackay potentially returning for the season as that is another attacker in 🙂

• Disagree 1

Given what must be quite a small budget, I can't help but be optimistic, with the the way the squad is shaping up, we have numbers and a good balance of youth and experience, with some creativity in the side, and some strength across all areas. It is excellent to see Daniel back for the season, I was gutted when he left, and also surprised that he wasn't given more opportunities at Hibs. He and George Oakley will settle in quickly, and if Boyd hits the ground running it's fair to say that up front we seem to have lots of options for a long season, knowing that we should see Walsh and Sutherland back in the new year, in what will feel like useful & timely reinforcements. Being greedy I would love to see Chalmers back to. The midfield looks decent, as long as MacGregor, Allardice and Welsh all stay fit for long periods...Hyde will kick on I reckon. I guess there is some flexibility at RB back in Carson and Duffy, although a proper full time RB is still desirable IMV.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Kingsmills said:

I think we now have a stronger squad than last season and there are considerable grounds for optimism.

I’d love to be able to share your optimism on that. We’ve lost some of last season’s best players - Broadfoot, Chalmers and McAlear, as well as Sutherland and Walsh looking unavailable for most of the season.

We’ve replaced them with largely unknown, untested and inexperienced players.

I very much hope it all works out and the team gels into a good unit, but our best chance is perhaps that the overall standard of this league continues to get deteriorate.

• Like 1

With this news that Robert posted above (which I'm ecstatic about btw 😀) can someone kindly post a list of players in each position please and that includes the youngsters from last year that were mentioned earlier in the thread (Riddle, Hennem etc) so that I can work out that all we really need is a right back 😛.

11 hours ago, tm4tj said:

May be an image of text that says "DUFFY RIDGERS 1 HARPER WELSH DEAS DEVINE WALSH CARSON MCKAY DORAN SUTHERLAND MACGREGOR OAKLEY RAM HYDE D.MACKAY ALLARDICE 18 MACKAY 21 DELANEY SHAW 22 RIDDLE SAMUELS 24 THOMPSON BOYD HENNEM 31 NICOLSON CAIRNS 32 STRACHAN C.MACKAY BRAY 35--36"Always handy to have this. At least we know who is signed for the season.

A squad of 30 which is pretty good so I'd say we are set for the season ahead now and probably not in desperate need of new signings :). 

That's a good number of youngsters too which is good to see, it will now shut me up (I was advocating getting them signed up) which will please you all lol.

Edited by CaleyTennis
Personal attack haha.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic

Inverness Caledonian Thistle can confirm that Robbie Thompson has joined Highland League side Clach FC on loan until January which will give game time that should help him.

1 hour ago, IBM said:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle can confirm that Robbie Thompson has joined Highland League side Clach FC on loan until January which will give game time that should help him.

He was there last season and was highly regarded so hopefully he continues to improve.

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic