ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

I have been trying to update our team contract details and have a few blanks.  On the last club statement new contracts were offered to Devine , Duffy, Doran, Hyde and Cameron MacKay but unable to find any more information on deals agreed.

Name Surname Squad Number Signed Till Other Information
Scott Allardice 18 May-23  
Steven Boyd 30 May-23  
Keith Bray 36 May-24  
Ethan Cairns 32    
David Carson 8 May-24  
Robbie Deas 5 May-23  
Zak Delaney 23 May-24  
Daniel Devine 6    
Aaron Doran 10 May-23  
Wallace Duffy 2 May-23  
Cameron Harper 3 May-24  
Harry Hennem 31    
Lewis Hyde 16    
Roddy MacGregor 12 May-24  
Calum MacKay 35 May-24  
Cameron MacKay 21    
Daniel MacKay 17   On loan from Hibs till May 2023
Billy Mckay 9 May-23  
Lewis Nicolson 33 May-25  
George Oakley 14 May-24  
Max Ram 15 May-24  
Ali Riddle 27    
Mark Ridgers 1 May-24  
Austin Samuels 24 May-23  
Nathan Shaw 22 May-23  
Matthew Strachan 34 May-24  
Shane Sutherland 11 May-23  
Robbie Thompson 29   On loan to Clach FC till January2023
Tom Walsh 7 May-23  
Sean Welsh 4 May-24  
  • Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

Ethan Cairns has joined Forres on loan.

Someone mentioned a few weeks ago that Lewis Nicolson had been at an English club on trial for a week. The club involved was Spurs.

Getting him signed until Summer 2025 now seems an even smarter bit of business by the club. 

• 2 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I see Scott Allan is without a club, surely worth a punt if we have any money spare? He did well enough for us on loan?

Thoughts?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62543432

I would have him back in a second, he's the number 10 we could really do with, but I think his wage demands may be outwith our reach. Hibs would have been probably paying a high percentage of his wage when he was on loan to us.

I do think that if he wants to put himself in the shop window, and sacrifice big wages for regular football, there's no better club than ICT.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, Yngwie said:

Plenty of clubs in the Premier who would love to have him. Given budgetary constraints, the only club in our league I could see him going to is Dundee (Charlie Adam replacement?)

He's the kind of player who could be the difference between going up and staying where we are. We should be interested

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Nicolson is highly rated and one for the future.

The loan will give him game time but I’m surprised at the timing given our lack of fit defenders at present.

He will hopefully be challenging for a place in the starting line up in 2023. 

• Agree 1

Given our injury list I was surprised that he has been allowed to go out on loan. He was one of only four outfield players on the bench v Cove, so a more depleted bench for Friday v Partick. I also think he is better defensively than Cammy Harper.

• Agree 1

On 8/15/2022 at 1:23 PM, Eagle4Caley said:

I see Scott Allan is without a club, surely worth a punt if we have any money spare? He did well enough for us on loan?

Thoughts?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62543432

FFS, I see he has signed for Arbroath.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, caleyboy said:

We obviously didn't try hard enough  if at all.

For part-time Arbroath to have signed him over us, I really hope the only reason that he isn't with us is that he didn't want to sign for ICT, or he didn't want to relocate from his Edinburgh home, I know the CEO has said how hard it is to get players to sign for us from the central belt, and that it's easier to get players from England and Ireland to come north.

For me, he would have been player we have been missing, a genuine number 10, the final piece in our squad in our push for promotion. If, as you say, it comes out that we didn't try hard enough, or at all, then shame and short-sightedness of ICT.

We can't just sign every player that becomes available. Of course I'd love to have gotten Scott Allan in but we've got Boyd. MacGregor and Doran in the squad all of whom can play as a 10. Allan is arguably better than any of them but we cannot jettison these guys to make room for him*. If we didn't have Boyd then maybe we could have made a move but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

* I know in the past we've gotten rid of someone like Doumbouya to free up space for Mckay returning but that's the exception rather than the rule.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 4

Even if we did make an approach to Allan he's come out and said he wanted to remain at home and be close to his family so that would immediately rule us out. For some to say we didn't try hard enough to sign him is pretty unfair. Even if we did make him an offer there was no chance he would relocate up to Inverness permanently. Sometimes there's nothing the club can do.

• Agree 2

I doubt we even picked up the phone TBH. We're well covered in terms of numbers in that area of the pitch so there was no need to get in touch with him.

A lot different from Mackay when Raith were moving to get him and we needed reinforcements out wide.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Inverness Caledonian Thistle can confirm the signing of Ryan Barrett on a short-term deal until January.  Ryan initially joins us until January to help bolster the squad. Ryan, 21 years-old, is a right-back and is product of Newcastle United’s academy as he came through the ranks at St James’ Park. Barrett has also represented Wales.

Ryan Barrett.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic