ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

2 hours ago, Robert said:

He has 16 appearances for St Mirren and 1 goal, plus a loan spell at Clyde:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jay_Henderson_(footballer) 

When do our loans out return? In particular, could Lewis Nicolson be available for Monday?

Loans are back now so yes, Nicolson could be available on Monday. 

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Confirmation that three of the youngsters are back:

https://ictfc.com/nicolson-cairns-and-thompson-recalled-from-loan-spells

I'm assuming given the in depth reporting and overwhelming levels of information that we don't have a media or communications manager these days or even anyone who actually cares? Pitifully poor lack of effort, lack of communication, lack of desire to integrate with the fans.......although somewhat symbolises the current status I guess.

Worried that we seem to be chasing young loan signings.  We already have plenty of prospects in that department, what we need is some experienced players/leaders on the park to compliment them.

Actually, what we need is a new leader in the dugout, but 🤷‍♂️

Edited by STFU
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, STFU said:

Worried that we seem to be chasing young loan signings.  We already have plenty of prospects in that department, what we need is some experienced players/leaders on the park to compliment them.

Actually, what we need is a new leader in the dugout, but 🤷‍♂️

As harsh as it sounds I was also thinking this. 

The Championship is a tough league, will young loan signings flourish in it? Fit in with Dodds's punt it up the park type s###e football? Probably not. 

Good luck to them though. 

Unfortunately, I can't find any positive thoughts at the moment about our team.

Staying up this season will be about the sum of it. 

• Like 1

I hope that, if we get Dawson on loan, he's a 6ft plus target man, because that's the only way he'll fit into the Dodds Hoofball style of football. You can bet your bottom dollar that Jim Mcintyre will have done his homework on us, and know our weaknesses, there are plenty, so it's up to Dodds to come up with a plan to compete with them on the day, something that he hasn't managed to achieve in most games. The lads that he's brought back have been playing in the tough world of the Highland League and Scottish lower league, so if they're not ready now for a game, when will they?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Thought we had an acute injury crisis, got upset, ran to the media, stamped our feet that the SFA wouldn't allow loan recalls of our youngsters then go send someone out on loan just a few weeks later.

Some of the decisions made this season have been baffling. 

We’ve brought a midfielder, Ben Woods, in until gone end of the season:

https://ictfc.com/ben-woods-signs-for-ictfc 

He was at Burnley for four years, leaving them in the summer.

I hope that doesn’t mean Allardice and MacGregor are going to be out for a while longer. 

Edited by Robert

11 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

He's never been prolific but works hard however seems like little end product in many games. Not sure our tactics help. Had hopes he would at this level get a few goals.

Aye, he's more likely to get booked than score a goal it seems. He's more of a babysitter keeping an eye on all the youngsters sitting eating their rusks beside him on the bench. 

May be an image of 1 personThis is what he looks like. Inverness Caledonian Thistle are delighted to announce the signing of English midfielder Ben Woods on a deal until the end of the season.  

Woods, 20 years-old, spent part of his youth career at Manchester United’s Academy signing for them at age 9 and playing there until he was 16 years-old which included having been called up for England at age 15, before moving to fellow Premiership Academy Burnley at 16 years-old. Ben left the Clarets 4 years later in 2022.  

29 minutes ago, Robert said:

We’ve brought a midfielder, Ben Woods, in until gone end of the season:

https://ictfc.com/ben-woods-signs-for-ictfc 

He was at Burnley for four years, leaving them in the summer.

I hope that doesn’t mean Allardice and MacGregor are going to be out for a while longer. 

I have it on good authority from a player won't say who that roddy is close to returning but allardice is only on short running 

• Thank You 2

An interesting signing especially as we are likely to see a lot of our injured players back in the next 4 weeks. With the two new players and indeed the younger players back from loans,  the future looks optimistic.  Our previously injured returning players will after settling back in be like new signings. February is certainly the time teams need to gear up for good runs. If we can get a bit more out of January our strength will definitely be greater from February onwards.

18 minutes ago, CELTIC1CALEY3 said:

An interesting signing especially as we are likely to see a lot of our injured players back in the next 4 weeks. With the two new players and indeed the younger players back from loans,  the future looks optimistic.  Our previously injured returning players will after settling back in be like new signings. February is certainly the time teams need to gear up for good runs. If we can get a bit more out of January our strength will definitely be greater from February onwards.

CETIC1ICT3 I agree. Hopefully as other teams are tiring we'll start firing on all cylinders (at last)!!  Then come May we'll Hopefully be firing Dodds!!

2 hours ago, No Shin Guards said:

Then come May we'll Hopefully be firing Dodds!!

Won't need to unless he's signing a new contract before then. However I expect he will get an extension if we make a play-off place as expectations seem very low these days

Hundreds of players have graduated the Man Utd Academy that have gone on to achieve nothing, and Woods didn't even graduate.

He scored 4 goals in one season, 3 of them in one match (he played 29 matches).

He's been playing amateur football for the last 6 months.

Dodds said we'd only be bringing in players that were better than we had, so we'll see, but I'm not going to be rushing to get the w4nk sock out based on any of the above.

Edited by STFU

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic