ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

3 hours ago, STFU said:

Hundreds of players have graduated the Man Utd Academy that have gone on to achieve nothing, and Woods didn't even graduate.

He scored 4 goals in one season, 3 of them in one match (he played 29 matches).

He's been playing amateur football for the last 6 months.

Dodds said we'd only be bringing in players that were better than we had, so we'll see, but I'm not going to be rushing to get the w4nk sock out based on any of the above.

Give the lad a chance please? 

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

3 minutes ago, No Shin Guards said:

As I said "we'll see", but people getting all excited because he was one of thousands of youngsters to have been in the Man Utd Academy, and because they found highlights from one game where he scored 75% of his season's goals, is just a nonsense.

If it wasn't so sad it would be funny how easily ICT fans are appeased.

Club heading backwards on and off the park, but hey, we've signed a player who's not kicked a ball professionally for over 6 months, but once played in the Man U Academy, joy to the world, just hand us the title now!

• Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, No Shin Guards said:

Agreed. We’ve successfully given plenty players the chance to resurrect their careers with us. He may or may not take that opportunity but we shouldn’t be writing him off already. 

Youngster Aly Riddle has also left the club by mutual consent.

Things didn’t really work out for Oakley this time round. Perhaps it’s to free up a wage for someone coming in? Is Sutherland close to fitness as he is the only real recognised striker we have should Mckay get injured. 

5 hours ago, tm4tj said:

Maybe Austin Samuels is nearing a return from injury.

Rumours have it that he has fallen out with Dodds and won't be playing for us again very similar to the Ridgers situation. Hopefully this isn't true. It is weird how he was last seen on the bench in that catastrophic game against Morton having been deemed fit again. Then all of a sudden he was nowhere to be seen on the team sheet after that. Obviously it's presumed to be a injury but of course we're none the wiser!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

Rumours have it that he has fallen out with Dodds and won't be playing for us again very similar to the Ridgers situation. Hopefully this isn't true. It is weird how he was last seen on the bench in that catastrophic game against Morton having been deemed fit again. Then all of a sudden he was nowhere to be seen on the team sheet after that. Obviously it's presumed to be a injury but of course we're none the wiser!

I heard the same rumour going around in the main stand. Nobody I talked to seems to have heard anything about the extent of the injury he is supposed to have.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

With George Oakley leaving the club, I hope we have someone else to come in the striker position, as Billy Mckay needs some cover. I know Oakley wasn't a prolific striker, but we aren't really blessed in that position with bodies.

The fact that we have a threadbare squad and almost no other attacking options yet are still releasing Oakley speaks volumes that this transfer didn’t really work out for anyone.

• Like 1

Not having Oakley will make no difference at all to how our season plays out.  Not because of his ability, but because he wasn't being used.

I actually thought he got a bit of a raw deal and was never utilised in a way that we got to see the best if him, and that's probably why HE asked to be released.

Good luck to him.

Aly Riddle also asked to be released, and good luck to him also.

Apparently there are others who have put in transfer requests, so more "mutual consents" to come....we're getting worse that County!

Not holding my breath for anything other than cheap/short term and/or loan signings coming in, if any.  Especially if the rumour that Directors are directly covering wages is true.

4 hours ago, STFU said:

Oakley was on a 2 year deal... how long were we expecting Sutherland to be out?!

I don't think there are any guarantees re Shane? Don't want to be negative Nancy but will he ever regain the same level post this injury. 

Oakley was definitely a 2 year deal. Clearly its not worked out for either party but an expensive mistake regardless

4 hours ago, STFU said:

I'd hope we had some certainty with Sutherland given the fact we extended his contract after he got a long term injury!

There's no certainty with an injury like that.  It was the morally correct thing to do, since he was injured giving his all for the club.   Yes I know we have financial problems, but I support the decision.

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 2

Oakley just hasn't been the same player since his leg break it's been clear to see, plus Dodds just used him for backup and didn't utilise him properly he will no doubt be remembered for his first stint in the Highlands where he was much better and also used a lot better.

When we beat Cove 6-1 earlier this month Dodds threw on three of the youngsters (Nicolson' Cairns and Thomson) but didn't sub Oakley on i had a feeling his time was nearing an end after that. He came on for the last 10 minutes against Queens but again was rather underwhelming. 

I think it's safe to say Billy Mckay is our main man up front with Samuels not far behind, Daniel Mackay can also play as a striker and once Sutherland is back which could be anytime between now and March it would've been harder for Oakley to get game time so it makes sense has to why he requested a transfer and why Dodds and the club were more then happy to let him go. 

• Like 2

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic