ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

On 1/21/2023 at 6:07 AM, Jaggernaut said:

I heard the same rumour going around in the main stand. Nobody I talked to seems to have heard anything about the extent of the injury he is supposed to have.

According to Scott Gardiner on the Wyness Shuffle it's a rare Injury due to the result of the ball hiting him too hard unexpectedly. This was back in November he said this and I really hope that's the case and he's not trying to cover up  any turmoil in the dressing room.... 

Edited by Super Caley Man 94
Mistake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, snorbens_caleyman said:

There's no certainty with an injury like that.  It was the morally correct thing to do, since he was injured giving his all for the club.   Yes I know we have financial problems, but I support the decision.

Apparently players are covered by the PFA if they end up out of contract while injured.

We gave him another contract to keep him at the club, so nothing moral or otherwise in the decision.

The England PFA offer a whole package of support but I’m not sure if there is any equivalent with the Scottish PFA?

Opening para from a Herald article last month:

“Scottish professional footballers are having to rely on charity to help fund their recovery from injury, with their clubs, PFA Scotland and the game’s governing bodies either unable to help pay for their treatment or unwilling to accept it is their responsibility to do so.”

18 hours ago, Super Caley Man 94 said:

According to Scott Gardiner on the Wyness Shuffle it's a rare Injury due to the result of the ball hiting him too hard unexpectedly.

Was it a pre-war leather ball being hit full force by Roberto Carlos?

Edited by bdu98196
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hopefully talks taking place with a number of those about to be out of contract, especially Allardice, Deas, Devine, Mckay and Samuels. The youngsters deserve more time too, possibly also Shaw.

Doran, Sutherland and Walsh are tougher calls: all depends realistically how fit they can be and what we can expect them to contribute.

2 hours ago, Robert said:

Hopefully talks taking place with a number of those about to be out of contract, especially Allardice, Deas, Devine, Mckay and Samuels. The youngsters deserve more time too, possibly also Shaw.

Doran, Sutherland and Walsh are tougher calls: all depends realistically how fit they can be and what we can expect them to contribute.

This may sound extremely harsh and highlight why I'm not a manager etc lol but I totally disagree with that! I would be making all of them sweat until performances start to improve and they prove their good enough to play for this club and tbh that might actually make them try harder or play to their potential as they will effectively be on trial for the foreseeable. 

If that leads to us needing a complete rebuild in the summer then so be it though we've managed to successfully do that in the past so no reason why we can't again with a new manager at the helm HOPEFULLY. 

Feel free to shoot me down lol but please be kind and respectful to my opinions 😛.

• Agree 1
  • Thoughtful 1

Do we know who the scouts are, or does Robbo identify possible signings? I really hope that someone is keeping an eye on the Highland League, I'm sure there must be a few little gems in there. Didn't we try, unsuccessfully, to sign the Buckie Thistle captain a few years ago? If we can't get players to come up from the central belt, let's look at players on our own doorstep.

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic