ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

13 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Do we know who the scouts are, or does Robbo identify possible signings? I really hope that someone is keeping an eye on the Highland League, I'm sure there must be a few little gems in there. Didn't we try, unsuccessfully, to sign the Buckie Thistle captain a few years ago? If we can't get players to come up from the central belt, let's look at players on our own doorstep.

I agree, where’s the next Richie Hart! Sadly I don’t think the highland league is up to a great standard anymore and anyone who is half decent is already on a nice packet while working on the side. 

11 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I agree, where’s the next Richie Hart! Sadly I don’t think the highland league is up to a great standard anymore and anyone who is half decent is already on a nice packet while working on the side. 

The standard has certainly dropped since it lost most of its top clubs to the Scottish League, and certainly since we took a lot of the top players when we started our journey through the leagues.

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

I see that it's been reported that Livingston are interested in Robbie Deas. He is one of many of our players who are out of contact at the end of the season, and as usual we won't get a penny for him. We're definitely not a selling club, we're a giving away for nothing club.

What is the attraction to extend his contract though? We are a bang average team lingering mid table in the Championship and showing very little ambition. We have sub standard training facilities compared to most and traveling down the A9 most weeks must be an issue. 

On 2/21/2023 at 12:00 AM, ICTPAISLEY said:

Given his proficiency with the line, I thought he may have moved from playing, to refereeing 🤷‍♂️

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

The club can confirm that Robbie Thompson has rejoined Highland League side @clachfc on loan until the end of the season.

With injured players coming back into the squad we can now afford to loan out the young players which will give them more game time which should help their development. 

• 3 weeks later...

Based on his increased confidence and performance levels, hopefully we can agree an extension to his contract with Shaw.

Keeping Allardice, Deas, Devine, Mckay and Samuels would be good too but I can’t see us keeping Allardice, Deas or Samuels: time will tell.

Another rebuilding exercise looks inevitable this summer so I just hope that we move quickly on any managerial changes so we can get the right players in early in the close season. 

Edited by Robert

13 hours ago, Robert said:

Based on his increased confidence and performance levels, hopefully we can agree an extension to his contract with Shaw.

Keeping Allardice, Deas, Devine, Mckay and Samuels would be good too but I can’t see us keeping Allardice, Deas or Samuels: time will tell.

Another rebuilding exercise looks inevitable this summer so I just hope that we move quickly on any managerial changes so we can get the right players in early in the close season. 

Board, CEO etc probably waiting to see if we win semi final to see what cash there is for next season. 

If we change manager , probably be another season of bedding in new tactics, players etc.  

If we keep Dodds, be another season of mediocrity with possibly the odd high point. Another season of Doddsball = no season ticket renewal for me. 

Edited by Duke of Inverness

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

Our team next season already looks rotten

Out of curiosity which out of contract players would you keep and who do you expect to be off or wouldn't you offer extensions too?

For me it's this: 

Scott Allardice: Keep

Scott Boyd: Release 

Ethan Cairns: Keep

Robbie Deas: Keep but suspect he's away sadly

Danny Devine: Keep

Aaron Doran: Release 

Wallace Duffy: Release

Lewis Hyde: Keep

Harry Hennem: Release 

Cam Mackay: Keep

Billy McKay: We have to do all we can to keep him