ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

There's a few online sites saying Shaw is contracted until 2024. Can't see anything from the in confirming the length of the deal when his signing was announced. I thought he was on a 2 year deal as well but looks like that could be wrong. 

8 hours ago, FrontRow said:

Not sure where that’s from but thought I saw Duffy in paper saying he’s contracted till 24? 

I made it up from announcements from the club to update the players profile on this site but maybe it’s incorrect. I try my best to keep it up to date as people are often asked about contracts 

• Thank You 1
  • Well Said 1

8 hours ago, FrontRow said:

Not sure where that’s from but thought I saw Duffy in paper saying he’s contracted till 24? 

Yes me too. 

Assume some have signed extensions and we haven't been told. 

I know for a fact Lewis Hyde has signed a new deal ages ago

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IBM said:

I made it up from announcements from the club to update the players profile on this site but maybe it’s incorrect. I try my best to keep it up to date as people are often asked about contracts 

It was only just announced.

the deal regarding Duffy I should say. 

Edited by ICTPaisley

Regardless of whether you feel Shane should have got another contract or not...releasing players by email?! What are the club thinking? Totally unprofessional and frankly just unpleasant and uncaring.

This is the sort of thing that, when word gets around, will put players off joining us as well.

Edited by hislopsoffsideagain
  • Agree 3
  • Facepalm 1

TBH I'm not surprised we didn't offer Shane another contract, I thought it was pretty good of us to offer another year given he would, in best case only have 2/3 months of game time available. Unfortunate it wasn't to be but to release players via email is just pathetic. 

Reminds me of hearing about Tokley being released via text message back in the day. 

• Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

We just seem incapable of handling things professionally or with a bit of humanity. This is not the first time player departures have been handled extremely poorly. Really poor show. 

• Well Said 2

The club is a joke. Imagine informing players that they are being released by email. Absolute disgrace. No wonder we can't attract players if this is how we treat them. Embarrassing + it sounds like he was having to pay for his medical treatment and the club physio informed him it will be cheaper to retire. WTF 🤬

Edited by Bobby
  • Well Said 1

• tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

Disappointed that Shane is not getting an extension but it is presumably because of his injury rather than his ability. A club that loses an underlying £0.8m a year needs to cut costs and I guess we just can’t keep paying for wages, rehabilitation costs and potentially further operations for players who aren’t playing. We did all that for a year for Sutherland and Walsh too, who I’d imagine will suffer a similar fate.

Edited by Yngwie
  • Agree 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Disappointed that Shane is getting an extension but it is presumably because of his injury rather than his ability. A club that loses an underlying £0.8m a year needs to cut costs and I guess we just can’t keep paying for wages, rehabilitation costs and potentially further operations for players who aren’t playing. We did all that for a year for Sutherland and Walsh too, who I’d imagine will suffer a similar fate.

I think folk get that tbh. But telling someone by email isn't a good look....

• Well Said 2

57 minutes ago, Fraz said:

TBH I'm not surprised we didn't offer Shane another contract, I thought it was pretty good of us to offer another year given he would, in best case only have 2/3 months of game time available. Unfortunate it wasn't to be but to release players via email is just pathetic. 

Reminds me of hearing about Tokley being released via text message back in the day. 

If my memory serves me well, did we not do something similar when Duncan Shearer was relieved of his coaching duties?

If it's correct that Billy Mckay has been offered reduced wages in a new contract, they are playing a dangerous game, we can't afford to let a quality player like Billy leave, unless they have someone better to come in and replace him. We need all the proven goalscorers we can get.

• Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Offering Mckay reduced wages to sign a new deal :laugh:

Not a good sign. Where have you seen this if you don’t mind me asking.

Good on Shane for outing the club like this though, even if it has made me feel second hand embarrassment.

• Well Said 1

1 hour ago, RiG said:

What the hell are we thinking here releasing players by email? 

I bet Coco the clown never got his 2 year head coach extension by email ! Well done Shane for going public . Show these Dundee mob for what they’re worth . 

• Well Said 1

Always 2 sides to a story.

Club denying Shane was told by email. He had face to face then received email confrming detail of meeting.

"A Caley Thistle spokesman insisted that the process had been followed fully and properly, with Sutherland interviewed by sporting director John Robertson.

what's the odds.

Either way, it's getting a bit messy out there, however please reserve judgement until both parties have their say.

• Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, ICTPaisley said:

Not a good sign. Where have you seen this if you don’t mind me asking.

Good on Shane for outing the club like this though, even if it has made me feel second hand embarrassment.

Scott Burns in the record. However, to correct what I've said it's reduced terms his been offered. So wages could be fine but contract length might be an issue.

• Thank You 2

10 minutes ago, tm4tj said:

Always 2 sides to a story.

Club denying Shane was told by email. He had face to face then received email confrming detail of meeting.

"A Caley Thistle spokesman insisted that the process had been followed fully and properly, with Sutherland interviewed by sporting director John Robertson.

what's the odds.

Either way, it's getting a bit messy out there, however please reserve judgement until both parties have their say.

Where has the club statement come from? I’ve not seen it yet.

• tm4tj unpinned this topic