ICTFC Squad Update 21/22

I was surprised that Oakley got goals in the Prem when he moved to Accies, as he was a really poor finisher for us in the Championship. The one highlight for me was the time he got 2 in a 3-0 win at East End Park.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why not support the lad instead of tagging him a failure before he kicks a ball

For those not wishing Carl well, I ask them what they would do if they were sacked by their employer and were offered employment at an even higher level by the only other similar employer in the area

I hope that the club offers some sort of contract to Shane, or, at the very least, makes all its resources available to him for his rehabilitation.  There's a moral obligation to do so.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, TheStickyBandit said:

Read on the Courier that Oakley was a trialist for us against Brora. What's people's thoughts on his potential return?

He never really stood out at Brora, if I didn't know about him, he wouldn't have caught my eye. I thought the number 17,  who I believe was Zac Delaney, had a good half, he has some pace and didn't panic under pressure.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

He never really stood out at Brora, if I didn't know about him, he wouldn't have caught my eye. I thought the number 17,  who I believe was Zac Delaney, had a good half, he has some pace and didn't panic under pressure.

He's another close to being signed up ;).

• Like 1
21 hours ago, TheStickyBandit said:

Read on the Courier that Oakley was a trialist for us against Brora. What's people's thoughts on his potential return?

I wouldn't be opposed to it, bearing in mind Sutherland wont be back for some time, he's only 26, he has experience in the Scottish Leagues, and he did ok with us last time [17 goals from 63 appearances inc as subs, is not bad]. He would keep Boyd on his toes, and help bring through any youngsters, and would settle in quickly. For a season not a bad punt and probably affordable.

My preference would be Lawrence Shankland...but how much cash can we find down the back of a sofa. We need numbers as well as quality, and there is quality in the squad already

2 hours ago, Eagle4Caley said:

I wouldn't be opposed to it, bearing in mind Sutherland wont be back for some time, he's only 26, he has experience in the Scottish Leagues, and he did ok with us last time [17 goals from 63 appearances inc as subs, is not bad]. He would keep Boyd on his toes, and help bring through any youngsters, and would settle in quickly. For a season not a bad punt and probably affordable.

My preference would be Lawrence Shankland...but how much cash can we find down the back of a sofa. We need numbers as well as quality, and there is quality in the squad already

spacer.png

• Funny 3

Inverness Caledonian Thistle are delighted to announce the signing of defender Zak Delaney on a 2-year deal, subject to international clearance.

FW0686dXoAEKO5Z.jpg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TheStickyBandit said:

I'm quite pleased with this signing especially on a 2 year deal. Will be good to see how he settles and develops in the first team.

I saw him play against Brora, and thought he looked composed on the ball and had a bit of pace, it will be interesting to see how he looks against better opposition. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, IBM said:

Inverness Caledonian Thistle are delighted to announce the signing of defender Zak Delaney on a 2-year deal, subject to international clearance.

FW0686dXoAEKO5Z.jpg

A very encouraging piece here which indicates he could be a very good signing:

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2022/07/04/inverness-seal-permanent-move-for-zak-delaney-from-west-brom/?amp

• Like 3