ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

• tm4tj featured and pinned this topic

That's a good sign under the current circumstances, there was always going to be a lot not being offered contracts although it will still be a long time till we see football played again. 

A better position than I expected. I was anticipating no players out of contract being offered new contracts so retaining 4 is a pleasant surprise, especially Doran. 

Of those leaving, we knew about Rooney and White whilst sadly news about Tremarco came out a few weeks ago. Trafford and Walsh probably no great surprise. I thought Machado had already gone. 

Its a shame for the youngsters but if we get a start date and some certainty for next season, maybe some will get signed up.

At least we have more than 11 players signed up for next season. Not claiming this to be a full list but off the top of my head:

Ridgers, Mackay

Mckay, Toshney, McHattie, Harper

Welsh, Carson, Vincent

Storey, Doran, Keatings, MacGregor. Mackay, Todorov, Sutherland

I hope some of the other youngsters not leaving are defenders. 

I'm actually confused here, and I hope someone can clarify. The youngsters who've been out at the Fort are all apparently being released according to the Courier, but the statement says they're due out by the end of the month. Is this meaning their contracts expire at the end of the month and they're not getting a renewal, or that they're still due to sign a new deal. Cos if it's the former, I have to say, it's a pretty stupid (and dickish) move to make considering the space that's opened up for the youngsters to step up and improve their game...

Edited by Jack Waddington

contracts likely expire end of June.

As I posted on another thread ..... For once I see this very similar to MLS at the end of a season. In MLS there is typically a small core of players under contract to the club at the end of the year with a lot of others being placed on free agency list or contracts and options 'waived'. Many of these re-negotiate their deals and end up back at the club the following season. Not typically how it works in Scotland or elsewhere .. but there will be a tremendously huge player pool this summer and some on that list may end up being re-signed when they either cant find something else or the club has more insight into the path to come out of lockdown and back to football.  

Can see Charlie Trafford heading to the Canadian Premier League - maybe with Calvary FC in his hometown Calgary

9 hours ago, Jack Waddington said:

I'm actually confused here, and I hope someone can clarify. The youngsters who've been out at the Fort are all apparently being released according to the Courier, but the statement says they're due out by the end of the month. Is this meaning their contracts expire at the end of the month and they're not getting a renewal, or that they're still due to sign a new deal. Cos if it's the former, I have to say, it's a pretty stupid (and dickish) move to make considering the space that's opened up for the youngsters to step up and improve their game...

A few of them are uncertain on their futures as ICT are waiting to see what league they'll be in next season to offer anything but a few of them have been told they will be leaving the club at the end of June. 

Good to have Doran and brad Mackay signed up Toddys a strange 1 Robbo dosent seem to rate him never played him why sign him again plenty of free agents out there the now the young guns who got released no seen enough of them to see if they could make the grade presumably no good enough if club willing to let them leave in this time of cost cutting

• Disagree 1

• 1 month later...
  • tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic