ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/

tm4tj

Kai Kennedy reportedly joining on a 6 month loan deal, instead of signing a new deal at Rangers/Moving to Man City, Sheffield United or Bayern.

Combine that with Wallace Duffy, that would be two signings for the exact positions needed. Even more so now Toshney is potentially out injured again

Rangers told him in the summer he was free to leave after he demanded too much money for a new contract so I would maybe take the rumours of Bayern and Man City being after him with a pinch of salt. 

As far as we're concerned I'm quite happy taking a shot on promising OF youngsters so long as the wages are acceptable and they don't act like arseholes (Andre Blackman for example). Seems he plays as a left winger mainly (happy to be corrected) so perhaps Doran is struggling with his fitness more than we thought after lockdown limited what he can do with his knee work.

10 minutes ago, Satan said:

Was that the rangers kid who went through us like a dose of salts last year??

Pretty sure, he was one of the two, along with dapo mebude, that quite a few people in the north stand left saying we should try get them on loan after the semi final. 
Plus the fact that he’s wanting first team football, I’m guessing he’ll see us as a chance to put himself on the market for bigger contracts in the summer. 

I’m not usually a fan of us being used as stepping stone, but if he wants to come in and play out of his skin to prove a point. I’m all for it

*Quick edit, he was indeed the number 10 that tore us a new one. At least according to BBC sport anyway

Edited by DanielH8199

4 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Makes me wonder how we still haven't made a permanent or loan move for Dapo considering he ran circles around us all game.

Maybe we have , who knows.It's not  normal practice to announce every player we ever approach. Usually an agent will indicate whether such a move will bear fruit anyhow...not everyone wants to play for us.

33 minutes ago, Jack Waddington said:

Makes me wonder how we still haven't made a permanent or loan move for Dapo considering he ran circles around us all game.

Dapo is supposedly set for the first team at rangers in the near future, hence why he never went on loan last season. 

I think he’s in a similar situation as Kennedy, except he’s probably going to stay at rangers or get a permanent move higher up the ladder. Can’t see him coming to us, or us even trying given clubs already got shot down when going for him

3 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Mmmmmm

We dont need bad eggs. 

Character over capability for me as  its a team game so I hope the non footballing  things were just wage cost to St Johnstone. 

We don’t know the story so if we do sign him we should give him every chance. Others have come here with a bad name, eg Donaldson wasn’t wanted by many on here due to not being popular with United fans, but he proved himself. Who knows, Duffy could do the same. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Moogthurso said:

Do you reckon he was that good jack? 

Any news on duffy yet.

Can’t remember who he wrote for, but a reporter called Robbie Thompson said he’ll be signing tomorrow morning for us on Twitter about 30mins or so after st Johnstone announced his release 

I’d imagine we will have a lot of rotation this season with a likelihood players will be missing at times due to Covid. As a result, Mackay and MacGregor should still get plenty game time. We were short of wide options with Walsh leaving and question marks over Doran’s fitness so this gets us more or less back to the size of first team squad we had last season. 

An encouraging positive comment from Tommy Wright about Duffy too, so hopefully any concerns some have about him may be allayed. Looks like he is number 2 also. 

Edited by Robert

3 hours ago, Alan Simpson said:

Some exciting last minute transfers a winger at last should be good dunno if I believe Bayern were after him and he ends up with us tho 

Bayern? 

Probably predictive text when Brechin was meant lol.  

On 10/4/2020 at 9:41 PM, Jack Waddington said:

Must be class if Sheffield United, Man City, Roma and Bayern were all after his signature. Haven't seen anything new on Duffy aside from him being a free agent

His agent must've been peddling those rumours hard.

• Funny 2

• tm4tj unfeatured and unpinned this topic
  • tm4tj changed the title to ICTFC Squad Update 21/22/23/
  • tm4tj pinned this topic
  • tm4tj unpinned this topic